Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (443023 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dljbd1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
nurey:

Anyone his budget can afford, but his priorities should be buying tokunbo than later years naija used. Example better to buy tokunbo 2001 for 5naira than 2010 naija used which he can't ascertain it's maintenance history for 5naira.
True..
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by joungblood(m): 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
Please house, is Honda pilot 2006 9ja use a good n reliable car to buy? Maintenance, fuel and everyday use, please i need advice, I wanted to go for camry or corolla but the prices are too much, why is Toyota car now so expensive, overpriced, please i need advice and recommendations on good fine cars that are economical on maintenance and fuel efficiency under 1million..
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FreeConCiencE: 4:17am On Jan 05, 2020
Good day auto gurus in the house. Please choose the right type of engine oil for my 2011 Toyota camry. The one that came with venxa engine. I don't want to continue to use wrong engine oil.
I used '' total engine oil'' about 4 weeks ago and the "" maint reqd"" signal started showing on the dashboard about 5 days ago. And this warning was not showing even before I did the servicing. Though, this yellow warning signal dissappears about 2 minutes after and each time I start the car. THANKS.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:20am On Jan 05, 2020
joungblood:
Please house, is Honda pilot 2006 9ja use a good n reliable car to buy? Maintenance, fuel and everyday use, please i need advice, I wanted to go for camry or corolla but the prices are too much, why is Toyota car now so expensive, overpriced, please i need advice and recommendations on good fine cars that are economical on maintenance and fuel efficiency under 1million..

Honda pilot has always been a good car, we can't tell if the specimen you are buying is ok or not, only a technician who inspects can direct you as needed.

As for other cars within your budget, do your research on cars that fall within that and let's tell you whether the model and brand is worth buying.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FreeConCiencE: 5:04am On Jan 05, 2020
FreeConCiencE:
Good day auto gurus in the house. Please choose the right type of engine oil for my 2011 Toyota camry. The one that came with venxa engine. I don't want to continue to use wrong engine oil.
I used '' total engine oil'' about 4 weeks ago and the "" maint reqd"" signal started showing on the dashboard about 5 days ago. And this warning was not showing even before I did the servicing. Though, this yellow warning signal dissappears about 2 minutes after and each time I start the car. THANKS.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
[quote author=FreeConCiencE post=85511368][/quote]

Gazzuzz. Come and answer your call.

I'm no longer interested in Toyota any longer.

Infiniti has stolen my heart.

Heavenlybang, I dey seal one deal this week by God's grace. E just be exactly like your own.

Wish me good luck Bro.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
Philadelphia:

Gazzuzz. Come and answer your call.

I'm no longer interested in Toyota any longer.

Infiniti has stolen my heart.

Heavenlybang, I dey seal one deal this week by God's grace. E just be exactly like your own.

Wish me good luck Bro.

Good luck
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Good luck

Gazzuzz, is this goodluck from your mind? grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
Philadelphia:

My friend will say, Enjoy your life while you are young .
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
Philadelphia:

Y are you troubling the poor guy .... Go ahead and get the caterpillar sorry infirmity abi na infinity fa!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Y are you troubling the poor guy .... Go ahead and get the caterpillar sorry infirmity abi na infinity fa!

2020 goals Heb 12:14

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mammanbawa: 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
FreeConCiencE:
It shows “maintenance required” cos it wasn't due for servicing when you changed oil and the mileage was reached. What grade of total oil did you use? Quartz 5000 (20w50) or quartz 7000 (5wxx)
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Says the man with a rust bucket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

My choice like Philadelphia is making his fa

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by joungblood(m): 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
I saw Honda pilot 2006 9ja use for my price range, but I want to know if it's a good car to buy, base on fuel and maintainace.. The car is technically ok as there's no fault because I know the seller personally and its their car

nurey:

Honda pilot has always been a good car, we can't tell if the specimen you are buying is ok or not, only a technician who inspects can direct you as needed.

As for other cars within your budget, do your research on cars that fall within that and let's tell you whether the model and brand is worth buying.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
joungblood:
I saw Honda pilot 2006 9ja use for my price range, but I want to know if it's a good car to buy, base on fuel and maintainace.. The car is technically ok as there's no fault because I know the seller personally and its their car

Honda pilot is a good car in all ramifications

16L/¹00km for city driving

11L/100km for highway

around 80L fuel tank capacity
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by paix(m): 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Apt! Such a weird look.
Not just the looks, even the combination is weird. Nissan Avalon?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by paix(m): 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Dat one na tetanus.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by paix(m): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

My friend will say, Enjoy your life while you are young .
What if you are young and you don't have the means?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by joungblood(m): 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
nurey:

Honda pilot is a good car in all ramifications

16L/¹00km for city driving

11L/100km for highway

around 80L fuel tank capacity

Thanks, but can u explain this better in a simple format .. 16L/100km means what? N also how is the fuel consumption compared to those Toyota corolla way no dey suck fuel
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
joungblood:

Thanks, but can u explain this better in a simple format .. 16L/100km means what? N also how is the fuel consumption compared to those Toyota corolla way no dey suck fuel

16L/100km city driving means you will burn 16L of fuel for 100km journey done in city

11L would be burn per 100km for HIGHWAY driving.

you can't compare fuel consumption of a V6 SUV to an i4 salon. What the pilot lose in fuel economy it gains in other aspects.

If you want sweetness of both worlds you should be looking at CR-V, element or RAV4, CUV in general
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FreeConCiencE: 6:43am On Jan 06, 2020
mammanbawa:

It shows “maintenance required” cos it wasn't due for servicing when you changed oil and the mileage was reached. What grade of total oil did you use? Quartz 5000 (20w50) or quartz 7000 (5wxx)

OK. I used 5000(20w50). How can I can reset it so that l won't make a mistake of thinking it's a fake warning when it is actually real? Also, is that a good oil type for the car(camry 2011,venza engine) thank you very much.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:39am On Jan 06, 2020
FreeConCiencE:

OK. I used 5000(20w50). How can I can reset it so that l won't make a mistake of thinking it's a fake warning when it is actually real? Also, is that a good oil type for the car(camry 2011,venza engine) thank you very much.

My brother 2gr is minimum 280k use better oil make mechanic no go build house ontop your head cheesy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

2020 goals Heb 12:14
I won't want to come to ogba and see a church operating in place of that workshop.

I greet oo.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 11:03am On Jan 06, 2020
nurey:

My brother 2gr is minimum 280k use better oil make mechanic no go build house ontop your head cheesy
I've stopped advising people on things like this. If they like, they can pour groundnut oil down the oil hole.

Seems this motor parts business will be a good business to venture into.

Let me squeeze that into vision 2020.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:11am On Jan 06, 2020
nurey:

Probably the 2AR.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 06, 2020
Hello Bosses In The House
please 2004 Volvo XC90 T6 Foreign Used , A Good Car To Buy? Compared To The Honda Civic 2006?? What About Maintenance And Fuel Economy Plus It's Gonna Be Used Traveling Once In A While When Needed Also 5/7 Weekly Usage

Your advice is highly appreciated, thanks in anticipation
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Probably the 2AR.
The only Engine venza shares with Camry is 2gr, 4cylinder venza is 1AR (2.7L)
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:56am On Jan 06, 2020
9icetoo:

I've stopped advising people on things like this. If they like, they can pour groundnut oil down the oil hole.

Seems this motor parts business will be a good business to venture into.

Let me squeeze that into vision 2020.

My brother we shouldn't because of wetin we go chop not advice people accordingly.

grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:57am On Jan 06, 2020
Ascold:
Hello Bosses In The House
please 2004 Volvo XC90 T6 Foreign Used , A Good Car To Buy? Compared To The Honda Civic 2006?? What About Maintenance And Fuel Economy Plus It's Gonna Be Used Traveling Once In A While When Needed Also 5/7 Weekly Usage

Your advice is highly appreciated, thanks in anticipation

Don't buy a T6 Volvo XC90 any other Engine variant is ok.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2020
nurey:

Don't buy a T6 Volvo XC90 any other Engine variant is ok.

Thanks Boss..... Will Go For The Civic Then cool
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
nurey:

The only Engine venza shares with Camry is 2gr, 4cylinder venza is 1AR (2.7L)

4cylinder 2009 & above muscle uses the 2AR(2.5L).. So kazeem call them venza engine bacause they "look alike"

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.