Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! (71048 Views)

Nairaland Users Are Truly Disappointed!!! (PICTURES) / Massive Python Swallows A 70-Year-Old Man In Dalaba, Guinea (Photo) / Snake Swallows Tennis Ball. A Vet Massages It Out (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by 1metre: 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
this one we call 'breeze nyerem aka' lol
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Lafarm: 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2018
We used to get this ball from cow meat seller at Awolowo market, Babaoloosa, Musin. I think twas made from animal part.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by jimony30: 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
Jesus!! Oboy I don dey old ooo
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
xreal:
O boy. I don old be that.

This thing sabi bounce pass felele ball.
ahaahah u know how many times diz tin bounce enter well..Soakaway and places wey go cuz wahala..Chai i don really old..
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
xreal:
O boy. I don old be that.

This thing sabi bounce pass felele ball.

I remember felele ball. It appears that the foot ball they use these days for competitions are of the felele type.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Innomach(m): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ball afo nama
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
YOUNGrapha:
and I'm 23.....Raphael, you?
Lola.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Chichaope: 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
konny1:
This what they called
Su agba dee werey undecided
did you grow up in ibadan? That was what we called it then , good old days

1 Like

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Raskasal(m): 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hmmm. What a life. I wonder what they use in doing that. I buy am tire. It costs just 5 naira then. God help our dear country
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by jaafree: 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
jumper524:
you neva tey be that.
Them been dey seel this ball b4 we even know watin be felele..
. You must be talking about something else jare , the guy get'am wella
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by mastercee(m): 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2018
gergemam:
That thing is bae.....

We dey use am play Four-Post back then

Liar!!!

That ball wey dey bounce pass anything undecided
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Khed: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
We called it 'Epon Elede' means pig's testicles.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by xreal: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
jomonic:

I remember felele ball. It appears that the foot ball they use these days for competitions are of the felele type.

What!
Not good at all. That ball whose direction is determined by the wind?

What happened to 'health'?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Shukazu: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
post=70613881:
LEATHER BALL

Not leather... it's Rubber ball

You are a small boy after all
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Neldrizzy(m): 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
nonso3k:
Most of the inputs are wrong.

This is made from what we used to call a gum tree. A cut on the tree makes it bleed a gummy substance that gets thicker eventually.

Wrapping and folding that substance creates the ball in the above picture.
my brother I was wondering too.

This is gotten from rubber tree na..

It was popular then in ishan were I was born.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Ten06(m): 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
We used to call it scamp ball
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by psucc(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
Play am wella
Proudly an Old School
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by BnQoyyim(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
I love the velvet and succulent texture of this hides, it often smell somehow.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by femliany(m): 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
We used to call it ball eledo

1 Like

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by blunt(m): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
MVLOX:
the issue I had with this ball was that after some time it will just shrink. ..
na when you leave am for cemented floor.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Greenback: 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
I love this ball back then grin

Methuselah..after,you will start looking for rats and cockroaches on every ipob related article.
Mental
Lzaa immhotep shalomc onyeoga pointzerom
grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Teeboi56: 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
I love the gum ball he last well well
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Teeboi56: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2018
femliany:
We used to call it ball eledo
Wa gbayi

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by kenoyad: 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
we are not that old now, we are in 30s and some even in late 20s, learned the ball is still in circulation now. #sagbadiwere, bolu eledo etc. its just once off ball, once bursted its finished.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by YOUNGrapha(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
Mariinee:
Lola.
u knw it's a public space.....i will appreciate if we got to chat privately
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by YOUNGrapha(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
[quote author=Mariinee post=70625921]Lola.[/ ur thoughts?
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
YOUNGrapha:
u knw it's a public space.....i will appreciate if we got to chat privately
No, we can't.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by omo1478(m): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
Gone a old days, when men were boyz. Playing like Diego Maradona then
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by lukaino(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
I can still remember it's unique smell grin
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by YOUNGrapha(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Mariinee:
No, we can't.
OK.. ..i plead to knw why
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by jide219(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Am just 19 and have touch it
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by benjanny(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
in 1999 me and my elder brother Crespocollins.We have have this ball and we bought it just #10 at orie ugba market.Orie Ugba market is located at Ugba in Umuahia north local government area in Abia State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akobi Crescent, Surulere After Rain Today (Photo) / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) / See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.