Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Ex-governor Kalu: Stop Playing Politics With Religion, Tribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-governor Kalu: Stop Playing Politics With Religion, Tribe (342 Views)

Makinde: No Governor Received ₦‎30 Billion, Akpabio just playing politics / Bishop Kukah: Playing Politics With Religion Has Devastating Effects / Stop Playing Politics With Olakunrin’s Death- Presidency To Obasanjo, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-governor Kalu: Stop Playing Politics With Religion, Tribe by voiceoftheupcom: 7:10am On Aug 26, 2018
EX-GOVERNOR KALU: STOP PLAYING POLITICS WITH RELIGION, TRIBE
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/08/ex-governor-kalu-stop-playing-politics.html

Former Governor of Abia State and a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, Saturday asked Nigerians to stop play politics with religion.
He warned against the politics of religion and tribe after paying a courtesy visit to Enugu State Governor, Mr. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi at the State House, Enugu yesterday.
During the visit, Kalu commended the governor for showing respect to President Muhammadu Buhari and other leaders in the country irrespective of political affiliations.
According to the reports gathered by Eyes Of Lagos, He explained the reason behind his vision the Enugu Government House despite belonging to different political party with the governor, noting that he was just on a routine visit.
He said: “I pass through here. I also tell the President and Commander-in-Chief that I am going to him. There is no way I can come to Enugu without passing through here, more over he (Ugwuanyi) is a very close friend of mine.
This is like a home to all Igbos. This is the headquarters of Igbo land. I am in very good terms with the governor, not just because he is a governor. You know MV Neya and MV Sophia Maria when he was Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Marine Transport, he commissioned them in Malaysia.
“So, people should stop playing politics of tribe. We go to the same church. He is a catholic. I am a catholic. I wish him well; I hope he is also wishing President Buhari well.”
Kalu expressed delight at the friendship the governor has maintained with political leaders across the board, stressing that such uncommon leadership style has brought peace and development to Enugu State.
He said Ugwuanyi “is a very close friend of mine and we are family irrespective of the fact that they are in different political parties. I am in very good terms with the governor of Enugu State, even before he became a governor.”
Kalu disclosed that Buhari took Ugwuanyi as a family, declaring that there “is no point to quarrel with anybody who is not quarreling with us. I look at Ugwuanyi as a family member.
“So, I do not expect him to be in the same political party with me. He is of PDP. I am of APC. But we maintain the friendship. It is across the board,” Kalu noted.

Re: Ex-governor Kalu: Stop Playing Politics With Religion, Tribe by 360degreess(m): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2018
You are right Kalu,but most of your ppl are nt ready to change and that has really affected the region as far as politics is concern in nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Indigenes In Lagos Declare Support For Udom / A Lifeless President And A Lifeless Economy. / Jang Joins Race For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.