Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? (2650 Views)

Moving To Benin Republic From Nigeria / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic / My Adventure To Liberec, Czech Republic from Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by marvelos1: 7:44am On Aug 26, 2018
Am thinking of traveling to benin republic to 've my passport first stamp, please can anyone help or recommend any transport company from Benin or Asaba that's travel to Benin republic and how it will cost?
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by meforyou1(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2018
marvelos1:
Am thinking of traveling to benin republic to 've my passport first stamp, please can anyone help or recommend any transport company from Benin or Asaba that's travel to Benin republic and how it will cost?
go to lagos and take ABC from Mile 2. U can even take small buses to badagry. And enter Benin Republic from there

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by celestialAgent(m): 9:54am On Aug 26, 2018
Whatever you do, don't go with commercial taxis, follow companies like ABC, Cross country, otherwise, you will get ridiculously extorted when trying to stamp a virgin passport on your own for the first time.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by dayon2012: 11:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
marvelos1:

Travelling to benin is pretty easy with proper guidance. I will advice you get to Lagos first. But then, are you familiar with Lagos?
If you are familiar with Lagos then it's easier. If you are not then it might be challenging

Route 1,not familiar with Lagos.
In this case take a bus to Lagos. From wherever you alight, take a another bus or taxi to mile 2.from mile2 ask for where they take seme taxi, it's about 1500_2000. When you arrive to the border, at seme, alight at con oil filling station, walk or take a bike to immigration Nigerian side to stamp your passport, and benin police on benin republic side. Nigerian immigration would demand for 1000 naira in two places to stamp your passport, while benin police would demand the same in two places making a total of 4k. If a bike took you across the bike would collect 500 naira. Pls try to come with your yellow card or you would be extorted of 3k naira if you don't have it.

About the second option, there isn't any need to write that since am not sure you are familiar with Lagos.

If you are planning to stay in benin for a few days, the cheapest hotels around is 5000cfa, about 3300naira. Not that exchange rate is 1000 naira exchanges for 1600cfa.

For further information about your trip to cotonou send me a mail, then I can give you other details you need to make the journey easier and maybe cheaper..

However if you have alot to spare just take a ABC /God is good /cisco from lagos coming to cotonou and it will be an easy experience for you but definitely more expensive

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by marvelos1: 10:53pm On Aug 27, 2018
dayon2012:

Travelling to benin is pretty easy with proper guidance. I will advice you get to Lagos first. But then, are you familiar with Lagos?
If you are familiar with Lagos then it's easier. If you are not then it might be challenging

In this case take a bus to Lagos. From wherever you alight, take a another bus or taxi to mile 2.from mile2 ask for where they take seme taxi, it's about 1500_2000. When you arrive to the border, at seme, alight at con oil filling station, walk or take a bike to immigration Nigerian side to stamp your passport, and benin police on benin republic side. Nigerian immigration would demand for 1000 naira in two places to stamp your passport, while benin police would demand the same in two places making a total of 4k. If a bike took you across the bike would collect 500 naira. Pls try to come with your yellow card or you would be extorted of 3k naira if you don't have it.

About the second option, there isn't any need to write that since am not sure you are familiar with Lagos.

If you are planning to stay in benin for a few days, the cheapest hotels around is 5000cfa, about 3300naira. Not that exchange rate is 1000 naira exchanges for 1600cfa.

For further information about your trip to cotonou send me a mail, then I can give you other details you need to make the journey easier and maybe cheaper..

However if you have alot to spare just take a ABC /God is good /cisco from lagos coming to cotonou and it will be an easy experience for you but definitely more expensive
Am grateful sir
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by marvelos1: 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
In the case of obtaining a yellow card how and where do I 've to get it from, and how much may i need to pay get it?
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by ProGSM(m): 11:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
Following this!
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by Pelaiye2703(m): 12:08am On Aug 28, 2018
dayon2012:

Thank you for this piece of information. What if someone is thinking of going beyond Benin. Maybe Togo or Ghana to get his visa stamped. Do you know any cheaper or more reasonable route he/she can ply?

Thanks.
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by Powerhousemm: 11:41am On Aug 28, 2018
celestialAgent:
Whatever you do, don't go with commercial taxis, follow companies like ABC, Cross country, otherwise, you will get ridiculously extorted when trying to stamp a virgin passport on your own for the first time.

I went to Benin Republic with virgin passport via taxi, Omo that move is still the biggest regret of my life, come and see as immigration officers treat me, abeg if you traveling with virgin passport, just travel with those companies, it will save you time and unjust maltreatment and daylight robbery at the hands the Nigerian immigration officers.

Besides, Benin immigration officers are another nightmare if you are visit with a virgin passport, especially if you are traveling via Idirioko or Deme. The way I look at immigration officers when passing through immigration at Idirioko border.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by Powerhousemm: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2018
marvelos1:
In the case of obtaining a yellow card how and where do I 've to get it from, and how much may i need to pay get it?

You can easily obtain Yellow Card at any Federal Secretariat, am sure there is one in your state, the cost is about N1k or less. Note that they will give you an inoculation (immunization), so don't just get the yellow card get immunized as well because the immunization is the essence of the yellow card.

Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by marvelos1: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2018
Powerhousemm:

You can easily obtain Yellow Card at any Federal Secretariat, am sure there is one in your state, the cost is about N1k or less. Note that they will give you an inoculation (immunization), so don't just get the yellow card get immunized as well because the immunization is the essence of the yellow card.
thank U sir
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by zevous: 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2018
Please give and route for someone like me that don't wanna stamp my passport. Just wanna cross and spend the weekend and back in Lagos
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by celestialAgent(m): 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2018
Powerhousemm:

I went to Benin Republic with virgin passport via taxi, Omo that move is still the biggest regret of my life, come and see as immigration officers treat me, abeg if you traveling with virgin passport, just travel with those companies, it will save you time and unjust maltreatment and daylight robbery at the hands the Nigerian immigration officers.

Besides, Benin immigration officers are another nightmare if you are visit with a virgin passport, especially if you are traveling via Idirioko or Deme. The way I look at immigration officers when passing through immigration at Idirioko border.

I can relate bro. Even with regular passport, if you no strong face for them, they will attempt to extort you. Have never really had any issue passing through Idiroko, but Seme na war, lol

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by meforyou1(m): 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
marvelos1:
u can get the yellow card from any govt hospital in benin.
The card is basically your immunization history
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by meforyou1(m): 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
Pelaiye2703:

Thank you for this piece of information. What if someone is thinking of going beyond Benin. Maybe Togo or Ghana to get his visa stamped. Do you know any cheaper or more reasonable route he/she can ply?

Thanks.
its all same thing. U have the new Nigeria passport written ECOWAS abi. It takes you from nigeria to senegal
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by meforyou1(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Powerhousemm:

funniest thing is that i went to benin republic, though i had my passport, but didnt show them. Nigeria immigration just took 1k from me, and benin immigration a stone throw away from there, took another 1k, i just crossed and entered benin like a ninja. I was even surprised at my confidence. And it worked.
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by meforyou1(m): 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
zevous:
Please give and route for someone like me that don't wanna stamp my passport. Just wanna cross and spend the weekend and back in Lagos
check my previous post. I had my passport. Didnt want it stamped. I just walked straight to nigeria immigration at seme. They asked me my passport, i say i didnt have. They say i should bring 1k. I gave them. Got to benin immigration, same thing. Another 1k. And i entered and spent 3 days in cotonou and enjoyed myself. When i came back, nobody even asked me anything. So simple. Just have no fear. Walk up to them.
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by meforyou1(m): 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
celestialAgent:
I can relate bro. Even with regular passport, if you no strong face for them, they will attempt to extort you. Have never really had any issue passing through Idiroko, but Seme na war, lol
i walked pass seme easily. But u have to have d confidence
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by celestialAgent(m): 6:01am On Aug 30, 2018
meforyou1:
i walked pass seme easily. But u have to have d confidence
I can get you didn't as a beginner.
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by meforyou1(m): 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2018
celestialAgent:
I can get you didn't as a beginner.
1st time i went there. Though had been to europe and asia severally, so i knew that wouldnt b a problem for me
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by meforyou1(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
dayon2012:

i entered benin 3 times without holding my passport on foot. It's all confidence. Walked by confidently where people were going to stamp passport. Taxi stopped me before border, i crossed on foot, taxi crossed, i entered back after d boarder
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by celestialAgent(m): 1:30am On Sep 06, 2018
meforyou1:
1st time i went there. Though had been to europe and asia severally, so i knew that wouldnt b a problem for me
Irrespective of where you have been to, I'm sure you encountered some sort of extortion. Going through flight is not excluded.
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by celestialAgent(m): 1:37am On Sep 06, 2018
meforyou1:
i entered benin 3 times without holding my passport on foot. It's all confidence. Walked by confidently where people were going to stamp passport. Taxi stopped me before border, i crossed on foot, taxi crossed, i entered back after d boarder
I bet your bag was in the Taxi, lol. If you wish to know how the extortion is done, just look fresh, then attempt to cross (using leg) with a loaded back pack on you and see if you won't get stopped. Once you are stopped, even if you won't drop a dime, be sure to have your time wasted except if you are regular and know how they operate.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by meforyou1(m): 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
celestialAgent:
I bet your bag was in the Taxi, lol. If you wish to know how the extortion is done, just look fresh, then attempt to cross (using leg) with a loaded back pack on you and see if you won't get stopped. Once you are stopped, even if you won't drop a dime, be sure to have your time wasted except if you are regular and know how they operate.
my bag was with my belongings including my passport was in a hotel in Badagry.
And i didnt even have any evil intention. Just to go and enjoy myself in cotonou and back.
Not what i will advise people shaa. because i know me and my intentions, thats why they even let me pass the whole 3 days.
Re: How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? by meforyou1(m): 5:49pm On Sep 06, 2018
celestialAgent:
Irrespective of where you have been to, I'm sure you encountered some sort of extortion. Going through flight is not excluded.
1k from each naija and benin immigration. I didnt bother though. They didnt speak grammar, so i didnt reply them in grammar. Just bring 1k and i gave. But that was d 1st day, the next 2 days were free entry.

(1) (Reply)

Best Route From Nigeria To Dominica? / Direction To Azikiwe Road, Portharcourt / Refugees Benefit Around Europe...nigeria Failed Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.