Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? (21013 Views)

Edo Lord's Chosen Members Storm The Roads For Their Publicity In Benin. Photos / House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 26, 2018
Please Bible scholars in the house, help me out.

What is the Biblical meaning to this act please?
most big churches in Nigeria uses popular Nigeria actors, actresses, comedians to advertise church program /conventions.

I am not judging anyone. noone is perfect which I know. I'm actually getting sad about this. I was watching and enjoying this popular church program on the TV yesterday until one of those adverts came up. I don't know if I have a wrong idea about it, maybe my reasoning is not current. Please someone should help me out here.

1. is it right?
2. is it biblical
3. what's the spiritual indication about this
4. what's the motive behind this? or is it to make people believe no matter the level of their sinful life, a stripper can invite them to church?

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Shelumiel: 8:18am On Aug 26, 2018
The modern day church has mixed it's doctrines with worldly acts and beliefs . But it should not bother you , because these things have been predicted to happen.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by gasparpisciotta: 8:32am On Aug 26, 2018
I am really not against using subtle means to.attract worshippers to a church if the purpose is to win their souls to Christ. On the other hand if the purpose is to create buzz for worshippers contribution and entertainment, then there is a big problem.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by pointstores(m): 8:33am On Aug 26, 2018
Capital wrong

5 Likes

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by alBHAGDADI: 8:33am On Aug 26, 2018
It is all a strategy to increase their margin of profit. They know people will want to see those celebrities, that's why they invite them. The worst part is that they make then mount the altar which ought to be sacred. Imagine a comedian cracking jokes on the altar of God. Do you know how sacred the altar of God was in the Old Testament?

It is clearly wrong and one of the signs of a false prophet. That's one of the ways you get to know you are in the wrong gathering.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by EXLOVER(m): 8:34am On Aug 26, 2018
If I'm in church and i see someone like Eucharia in that same church, all i could imagine was when she was a sugarmummy to Jim Iyke, busy screwing the boy, all my imagination will be me in Jim iyke's shoe � enjoying the milf. It's really wrong, use them for club publicity instead or hotel � not church.

3 Likes

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Tonymario58: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Ebirra: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2018
I don't see anything wrong because Jesus did similar things. OK let's start here Jesus invited Matthew into his folk and yes, it caused a lot of publicity and fuss (although he was trying to prove a point). He also mingled with that short man that climbed a tree to see him (I don't know d spelling of his name, but I knw 4 sure that he was popular).

Paul and the early apostles they used strategic figures like kings, and wealthy men in the society to woo members.

Although I am not a Christian yet I believe in motive, if their motive is to serve as advertisements to attract members to their Church business centers, then it is wrong, but if it is a means of spreading Christianity good and fine.

#Ozi Patrick team no religion. cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by JesuEruOluwa: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2018
Comedy in church encourages lying!

Well what do I know?

That won't stop pastors from sleeping with church members

Won't stop the pop and Catholic Bishops from being gay

Won't stop Choirmaster from sleeping with choristers!

Useless Religion with no bearing and direction!!!

10 Likes

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 26, 2018
Are the Pastors themselves not actors and actresses undecided
Mtcheeeew

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by gaby(m): 8:35am On Aug 26, 2018
If it's all business and will benefits all parties involved with no complains, its all fair and game. QED

Check out my siggy for the story on how I trekked from Nigeria to Europe and back...juicy...

1 Like

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 26, 2018
It is not wrong my brother. They are all business men looking for the best way to advertise their business

1 Like

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by NWANICHODE: 8:35am On Aug 26, 2018
Wrong
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Pavore9: 8:35am On Aug 26, 2018
It is marketing, "customers" must be enticed! grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by chuksila(m): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2018
It's called marketing strategy... bring in more people into the church using familiar faces as a bait

1 Like

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:37am On Aug 26, 2018
missdivineprove:
Please Bible scholars in the house, help me out.

What is the Biblical meaning to this act please?
most big churches in Nigeria uses popular Nigeria actors, actresses, comedians to advertise church program /conventions.

I am not judging anyone. noone is perfect which I know. I'm actually getting sad about this. I was watching and enjoying this popular church program on the TV yesterday until one of those adverts came up. I don't know if I have a wrong idea about it, maybe my reasoning is not current. Please someone should help me out here.

1. is it right?
2. is it biblical
3. what's the spiritual indication about this
4. what's the motive behind this? or is it to make people believe no matter the level of their sinful life, a stripper can invite them to church?
relax and live a just life...U don't even need religion in the first place to know what is wrong or right...Let's start from there..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by SalomonKane: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2018
It's as wrong as sin itself. This actors and actresses churches use, did the church bother to check if their moral compass is pointing the right direction? I doubt it. It's now a norm churches like most Nigerians mistake notoriety for popularity.

1 Like

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2018
Well, the actors I see up there have declared that they are sold out to the gospel of Christ, hence their drama ministry.
But if they are putting up someone else who is just circular then I will say it is very wrong

2 Likes

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by dermmy(m): 8:37am On Aug 26, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Are the Pastors themselves not actors and actresses undecided
Mtcheeeew

Lol. Love this

2 Likes

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by demolinka(m): 8:37am On Aug 26, 2018
Some of them are ministers na and some are comedians. No biggie
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by JesuEruOluwa: 8:38am On Aug 26, 2018
K
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by maticdamian(m): 8:39am On Aug 26, 2018
Are they being paid if yes then fine by me
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:39am On Aug 26, 2018
Wrong and right if they believe that Jesus Christ is Lord FOREVER and EVER .
Chikena
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by chillychill(f): 8:39am On Aug 26, 2018
Y would a church needs publicity for God's sake,even banks DAT deals with money n needs customers don't do do dis. undecided
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Lomprico2: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2018
All na for advert, for increase in revenue generation.

The modern church is killing Christianity!!
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by mlkraj(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2018
space for sale 300k pere

1 Like

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by fkj950ax(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2018
Actors and Actresses are first people before they are screen buffs.
I know a successful comedian that is heavily in real estate. So if a church invite him to speak about housing or property investment...
Are they going there to talk about Nollywood?
Your profession and personal life are different.

3 Likes

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Caseless: 8:41am On Aug 26, 2018
grin

No be Nigerian church? Anything goes.

I respect the Catholic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 26, 2018
gasparpisciotta:
I am really not against using subtle means to.attract worshippers to a church if the purpose is to win their souls to Christ. On the other hand if the purpose is to create buzz for worshippers contribution and entertainment, then there is a big problem.
You don't use those whom you claim are working for the devil to win soul for Christ. You so called Christians are the most confuse been on earth. One moment you call celebrities agent of the devil ,the very next minute you need them to win soul for your business
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by Proffdada: 8:42am On Aug 26, 2018
It doesn't matter how you win souls it's how you maintain that matters grin
Re: Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? by sureheaven(m): 8:42am On Aug 26, 2018
It’s neither wrong nor right, it’s a conflicting and confusing argument.
What’s wrong there is the argument because in argument, one can sin to God. shocked

Only God will judge in the end.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Predicts Death Of African Leader In 60 Days / The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" / 'APC Will Use And Dump Tinubu' – Primate Ayodele Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.