Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg (32113 Views)

COVID-19: Nobody Is Safe Until Everyone Is Vaccinated — Boss Mustapha / Shehu Sani: If Kano Is Not Safe, No State Is Safe / 10 Effects Of Alcohol on The Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by kindnyce(m): 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
Thank God.
Muslims have been vindicated, because drinking has been prohibited since time immemorial

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by blackaxe78: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
Thank God Goldberg was not listed.

Alcohol I don't do, Goldberg I do and mostly take it with Catfish
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by xest(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
Acjohn:
Yet some will say because Jesus change water to wine, its safe others will say Bible says don't drink too much I wonder where they took that from.

If at least they explain the bible to satiate their desires o wonder how they will explain this discovery to fit into their desires
just as pastors quote Bible to steal from gullible Christians like u. Alcohol is not a sin neither is it bad wen taken moderately.

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Usefulusman(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Drinking alcoholic beverages is linked to some 2.8 million deaths each year, according to researchers who concluded that there is no safe level of alcohol use.
The chemical in beer, wine and hard liquor is associated with nearly one in 10 deaths in people ages 15 to 49 around the world, making it the leading risk factor for people in that age range, according to an analysis of earlier studies, published in the Lancet medical journal.

The combined health risks associated with alcohol outweigh any possible benefits, said the University of Washington’s Max Griswold, an author of the analysis, in a statement. Although the study found that alcohol offered some protection against coronary-artery disease in women, “the strong association between alcohol consumption and the risk of cancer, injuries and infectious diseases” offset that.

“The conclusions of the study are clear and unambiguous: alcohol is a colossal global health issue,” said Robyn Burton of King’s College London, another author. “The solutions are straightforward: Increasing taxation creates income for hard-pressed health ministries, and reducing the exposure of children to alcohol marketing has no downsides.”

The article is the latest salvo to hit alcoholic-beverage companies in a long-running debate over the safety of their products. In April, another large analysis of earlier studies, also published in the Lancet, found some reduction in heart attacks among drinkers but concluded that alcohol use increased the risk of premature death from several other ailments.
The world’s largest liquor producers, such as Smirnoff vodka owner
Diageo Plc and Chivas Regal whisky maker Pernod Ricard SA, have long promoted moderation to address health concerns. They’ve adopted a drink-less-but-better mantra that seeks to appease critics while boosting the bottom line by selling more expensive products. Diageo has also acquired a minority stake in
Seedlip, an alcohol-free drink that aims to deliver the depth of flavor and mouthfeel of a high-end spirit.

The main causes of alcohol-related deaths in the 15-to-49 age group were tuberculosis, road injuries and self-harm, the study found. For those older than 50, the leading alcohol-related cause of death was cancer.

The authors took data from nearly 700 previous studies to estimate the prevalence of alcohol in different countries, finding that the biggest drinkers were in European countries. The average Romanian man drank the equivalent of 8.2 bottles of beer a day in 2016, the most in the world. The countries that drink the least alcohol have mostly Muslim populations.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-23/no-amount-of-alcohol-use-is-safe-analysis-of-studies-finds
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
Thank God I don't drink nor smoke & nobody in our entire nuclear family does. grin

Here bloomberg for telling them da truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by captainamiedi1: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
912:
come to think of it what have these so-called scientists said is safe? undecided
chicken not safe
beef not safe
pounded yam - too much starch not safe
palm oil (when my grandma used till she was 90) not safe - too much cholesterol
groundnut oil not safe
egusi - too much oil - not safe
etc etc

now no amount of alcohol is safe undecided they should tell that to the old women that have been using it to brush their teeth in warri and are still strong

mtchewww silly scientists that will do anything just to gain prominence.

my grandmom take dis thing almost everyday. at 80 she still go about her regular activities. forget dis discover. important thing is use what works for u. our body systems dont work these same.

6 Likes

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by statusquoante: 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
Thank God I don't drink.
I must convince my relations to stop.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by bobnatlo(m): 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
Aldebaran:
I thank Allah for making me a MUSLIM grin
Ehh?
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
One of the many beauties of Islam .
MashaAllah
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Onlyonebuhari: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
ISLAM HAS TAUGHT US THAT!.......CONTINUE DRINKING SO THAT DOCTORS CAN GET MORE MONEY
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by AfonjaSlaves(f): 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2018
gerrout of here Mr bluebird or Blomberg if we do tramador problem, if we do weed trouble if we drink alcoholic nah wahala , stupid piple

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by segebobo: 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Drinking alcoholic beverages is linked to some 2.8 million deaths each year, according to researchers who concluded that there is no safe level of alcohol use.
The chemical in beer, wine and hard liquor is associated with nearly one in 10 deaths in people ages 15 to 49 around the world, making it the leading risk factor for people in that age range, according to an analysis of earlier studies, published in the Lancet medical journal.

The combined health risks associated with alcohol outweigh any possible benefits, said the University of Washington’s Max Griswold, an author of the analysis, in a statement. Although the study found that alcohol offered some protection against coronary-artery disease in women, “the strong association between alcohol consumption and the risk of cancer, injuries and infectious diseases” offset that.

“The conclusions of the study are clear and unambiguous: alcohol is a colossal global health issue,” said Robyn Burton of King’s College London, another author. “The solutions are straightforward: Increasing taxation creates income for hard-pressed health ministries, and reducing the exposure of children to alcohol marketing has no downsides.”

The article is the latest salvo to hit alcoholic-beverage companies in a long-running debate over the safety of their products. In April, another large analysis of earlier studies, also published in the Lancet, found some reduction in heart attacks among drinkers but concluded that alcohol use increased the risk of premature death from several other ailments.
Diageo Plc and Chivas Regal whisky maker Pernod Ricard SA, have long promoted moderation to address health concerns. They’ve adopted a drink-less-but-better mantra that seeks to appease critics while boosting the bottom line by selling more expensive products. Diageo has also acquired a minority stake in
Seedlip, an alcohol-free drink that aims to deliver the depth of flavor and mouthfeel of a high-end spirit.

The main causes of alcohol-related deaths in the 15-to-49 age group were tuberculosis, road injuries and self-harm, the study found. For those older than 50, the leading alcohol-related cause of death was cancer .

The authors took data from nearly 700 previous studies to estimate the prevalence of alcohol in different countries, finding that the biggest drinkers were in European countries. The average Romanian man drank the equivalent of 8.2 bottles of beer a day in 2016, the most in the world. The countries that drink the least alcohol have mostly Muslim populations.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-23/no-amount-of-alcohol-use-is-safe-analysis-of-studies-finds

What is the link between taking alcohol and tuberculosis.
The incidences of road crashes will be due to excessive intake or just accidents dat could happen anytime even in d absence of alcohol.
Is there a study that confirms taking alcohol predisposes one to cancer?
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by 100bands: 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
That’s why you should take the herb instead
Cannabis is the healing of the nation
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Temptee101(m): 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
Make dem go siddon for one corner joor

Also waiting for the adverse effect of drinking water very soon

Useless people
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by laughitall(m): 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2018
shayo don full for my system....and still taking more...a friend of wine is a friend of mine...
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Augustinaz(m): 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
Alcohol is good for your stomach. Alcohol beverages with alcohol content of 5% is good.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Doerstech(m): 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
Some are very safe with health benefits e.g Jedi, okpa eyin, ale, ashiama, ginger and garlic with hot, bajinotu, small leaf, action bitter, black wood.

Take 3 shots before match for heavy and effective kpanshing.

Wia can I get this mixture?
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by ikemesit4477: 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
Aldebaran:
remember that majority of your Muslim brothers are drunkard!

3 Likes

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by SoNature(m): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
NOETHNICITY:

OP, if you are not sure how to rewrite titles, leave the original title
Bloomberg used No Amount of Alcohol Use Is Safe, Analysis of Studies Finds

New Studies finds is wrong use of tense

You either say New Studies Find or A new study finds

You guys (you and nairalandler Sarrki) should stop embarrassing us in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by perryy(m): 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
Religion has killed more people than alcohol.

Ask those in Bornu what is killing them ? Is it alcohol or religion? Stop religion, free alcohol.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by Frankbaro(m): 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
Then we die naa, which kain wahala be this naa.
U drink ,u die, u no drink, u die. So lets drink

Person no go drink in peace again

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by perryy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
SoNature:

They weren't taught Concord.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by ajoshuay(m): 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
Aldebaran:
In my state the high rate of drunkers are muslim, just say thank God you are not driking alcohol.

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by justtoodark: 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
Acjohn:
Yet some will say because Jesus change water to wine, its safe others will say Bible says don't drink too much I wonder where they took that from.

If at least they explain the bible to satiate their desires o wonder how they will explain this discovery to fit into their desires

it says,drink but dont get drunk....i remember that....
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by sarrki(m): 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
SoNature:

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by midastouch: 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Alcohol is a NATURAL derivative of fermented carbohydrate, just like yogurt from fermented milk.

There is NOTHING WRONG with alcohol consumption for humans.

Moderation is the watch word.

That is why words like "gluttony" exist.

In some people, "Auto-brewery syndrome", also known as "gut fermentation syndrome", occurs where their stomach produces alcohol naturally from the food that they have ingested.

2 Likes

Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by 1Sharon(f): 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2018
Aldebaran:

So Muslims don't drink? Hypocrites
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by InvertedHammer: 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
/
Researches like this are useless. The inferences are tailored to favour the sponsors. A closer look at the data used usually shows variance with the screaming blanket statement they use for the headline.
/
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by tunary(m): 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
Thank God i am done with it
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by phabulux: 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
NOETHNICITY:

The main causes of alcohol-related deaths in the 15-to-49 age group were tuberculosis, road injuries and self-harm, the study found. For those older than 50, the leading alcohol-related cause of death was cancer.

Oh, you're very correct! None! The same applies to the rice you like eating, and the water you like drinking.

You ill-educated mofos make me sick!

Were you God, you'll probably stop us breathing air.
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by pablito21: 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
Alcohol is the destruction of a nation, weed is the healing
Re: No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg by phabulux: 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
Jiang:
Thank God I don't drink nor smoke & nobody in our entire nuclear family does. grin

Here bloomberg for telling them da truth

You are a very big foool!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vaginal Discharge: How To Tell If It’s Normal / Jack Dorsey To Donate $1 Billion To Fund Global COVID-19 Relief / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Imo (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.