Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

20-year-old Student Sentenced To Prison For Lying About Being Raped By Football - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 20-year-old Student Sentenced To Prison For Lying About Being Raped By Football (759 Views)

UNIPORT Student Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Murder Of 8-Year-Old Girl / Chukwudi Onweniwe: RUGIPO Student Sentenced To Death For Killing Girlfriend / Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20-year-old Student Sentenced To Prison For Lying About Being Raped By Football by Just2endowed2(m): 11:50am On Aug 26, 2018
Nikki Yovino has received her sentence after admitting to falsely accusing two men of rape.

Back in October 2016, Yovino accused two Sacred Heart University football players of raping her while she was at an off-campus party, The Daily Mail reports.

Yovino's later said she lied abouyt the rape so that a male love interest would feel sorry for her.

In June, Yovino pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of falsely reporting an incident as well as interfering with police. The 20-year-old was sentenced to one year in jail during her hearing on Thursday in Bridgeport Superior Court in Connecticut.

One of the accused players was recently revealed to be Malik St. Hilaire, while the other has remained anonymous.

“I went from being a college student to sitting at home being expelled with no way to clear my name,” St. Hilaire said in his victim impact statement. “I just hope she knows what she has done to me, my life will never be the same. I did nothing wrong, but everything has been altered because of this.”

The attorney representing both football players, Frank Riccio III, read a statement from the player who chose to remain anonymous in which the man who says he suffers from anxiety, depression and lost his football scholarship, according to the New York Daily News. Prosecutor Tatiana Messina noted Yovino's actions were a "disservice" to sexual assault victims, as their claims are very often not believed.

As she received her sentencing, Yovino appeared to show no remorse, and even smirked and rolled her eyes, Law & Crime reports. Another source report says she groaned while St. Hilaire gave his statement.

Yovino's attorney Ryan O'Neill has stressed his client's body language is being misinterpreted.

https://blavity.com/20-year-old-student-sentenced-to-prison-for-lying-about-being-raped-by-football-players-rolls-her-eyes-during-sentencing
Re: 20-year-old Student Sentenced To Prison For Lying About Being Raped By Football by TITOBIGZ(m): 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
Imagine.
WOMEN ARE SC:-XM ...

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Student Sentenced To Prison For Lying About Being Raped By Football by TITOBIGZ(m): 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
Imagine.

WOMEN ARE SClipsrsealed M ...

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Student Sentenced To Prison For Lying About Being Raped By Football by GODWINLOWSKI: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
na so one idiot girl accuse me of staring at her pink pants way she wash outside...... Jail all of them.
Re: 20-year-old Student Sentenced To Prison For Lying About Being Raped By Football by Just2endowed2(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
Both footballers lost their scholarships due to the accusations
Re: 20-year-old Student Sentenced To Prison For Lying About Being Raped By Football by okwabayi(m): 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
Just2endowed2:
Both college footballers list their scholarships that's to the accusations
English?
Re: 20-year-old Student Sentenced To Prison For Lying About Being Raped By Football by okwabayi(m): 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
I wish more of this will happen so only people who were truly raped will step out to throw accusations.

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Cultist Killed By Rival Gang In Rivers State. Graphic Photo / Lagos Big Boy Nabbed, Days After Stealing 3 Laptops At Computer Village, Ikeja / 45-year-old Woman Caught Trying To Dump Lover's Corpse In The Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.