Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

LIST: Real Reasons Why People Go To Church. Truth We All Know But Dont Say - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / LIST: Real Reasons Why People Go To Church. Truth We All Know But Dont Say (1445 Views)

Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LIST: Real Reasons Why People Go To Church. Truth We All Know But Dont Say by HardMirror(m): 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
chiommy123:
spirit of God is really here. You just answered it. Pls don't be offended check your answer its there.
smh.
Re: LIST: Real Reasons Why People Go To Church. Truth We All Know But Dont Say by KayceeBanks: 1:20am On Aug 27, 2018
HardMirror:
This is a list of the wrong reasons why people go to church, but who am i to say these things are wrong. You be the judge

1. Because everyone is going. Majority dont like going to church. They reluctantly go because everyone is going and they are expected to go.

MY PROOF: they are distracted in church and always want to leave as soon as they enter. 2hours service is even too long. Most cant just wait to leave as soon as they enter.

2. To show off. yes. Most people cant wait to get to church to show off their new cloths, jewellery , cars and finally tell testimony of how fantastic their lives are. Everyone that attends churches knows that man and woman who always wants to give testimony of how he travels in first class, bla bla bla praise God for my fantastic life! grin

MY PROOF: majority would refuse to go to church if they cant iron their cloths or dont have fancy cloths to wear. Dont lie, have you not dodged church because of cloths before? Or when u dont have offering. Lolz

3. To get husband/wife/friends with benefits. In Nigeria church is a good hunting ground for play boys. They dress nice and smell nice and talk smooth, soon a choir member would be singing under bros. This is unfortunate.
Same thing applies to ladies looking for husbands. Church is the place to get the bros that are ready for marriage especially if you have wasted your youthful days in the world. Jesus arms are always welcoming he would give you an innocent brother to dump your remnant on.

My PROOF: just wait after service and see how bros and sis start pairing. Also from stories i get first hand.

4. To sell things/ for business church is where many ply their trade. Where to get clients for your GNLD products, where to get people for referal to MMM, where you sell your cloth materials at ridiculous price. Etc.

MY PROOF: many have approached me for one business or the other just after service. Especially the women, they always have something they want you to buy.

5. Because no where else to go. Need for miracle. Desperation poverty, ill health and a belief in miracles.

My proof. Many who are comfortable forget about church until they have problems.

What has been your experience.
OP, these are the only reasons tho
Re: LIST: Real Reasons Why People Go To Church. Truth We All Know But Dont Say by hakeem4(m): 9:04am On Aug 27, 2018
HardMirror:
This is a list of the wrong reasons why people go to church, but who am i to say these things are wrong. You be the judge

1. Because everyone is going. Majority dont like going to church. They reluctantly go because everyone is going and they are expected to go.

MY PROOF: they are distracted in church and always want to leave as soon as they enter. 2hours service is even too long. Most cant just wait to leave as soon as they enter.

2. To show off. yes. Most people cant wait to get to church to show off their new cloths, jewellery , cars and finally tell testimony of how fantastic their lives are. Everyone that attends churches knows that man and woman who always wants to give testimony of how he travels in first class, bla bla bla praise God for my fantastic life! grin

MY PROOF: majority would refuse to go to church if they cant iron their cloths or dont have fancy cloths to wear. Dont lie, have you not dodged church because of cloths before? Or when u dont have offering. Lolz

3. To get husband/wife/friends with benefits. In Nigeria church is a good hunting ground for play boys. They dress nice and smell nice and talk smooth, soon a choir member would be singing under bros. This is unfortunate.
Same thing applies to ladies looking for husbands. Church is the place to get the bros that are ready for marriage especially if you have wasted your youthful days in the world. Jesus arms are always welcoming he would give you an innocent brother to dump your remnant on.

My PROOF: just wait after service and see how bros and sis start pairing. Also from stories i get first hand.

4. To sell things/ for business church is where many ply their trade. Where to get clients for your GNLD products, where to get people for referal to MMM, where you sell your cloth materials at ridiculous price. Etc.

MY PROOF: many have approached me for one business or the other just after service. Especially the women, they always have something they want you to buy.

5. Because no where else to go. Need for miracle. Desperation poverty, ill health and a belief in miracles.

My proof. Many who are comfortable forget about church until they have problems.

actually these are the main reasons why a lot of people attend church and also to keep themselves busy on sunday/saturday mornings
Re: LIST: Real Reasons Why People Go To Church. Truth We All Know But Dont Say by Maamin(m): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2018
HardMirror:

You fail to add those that go to church to worship in spirit and in truth. wink
Re: LIST: Real Reasons Why People Go To Church. Truth We All Know But Dont Say by Maamin(m): 10:41am On Aug 27, 2018
JMAN05:

Most of the reasons are wrong. Why would go to church for such? Well, I blame there churches, not the attendees. True religion is not meant for that purpose.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

True religion is not even by going to church.
Re: LIST: Real Reasons Why People Go To Church. Truth We All Know But Dont Say by HardMirror(m): 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
KayceeBanks:
OP, these are the only reasons tho
lol. Maybe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievable As N50 Naira Turns N500, 000 In Church / These Pastors Didn't Begin Well By Deji Yesufu / Power Against Desert Spirits " Mountain Of Fire Ministries "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.