Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,203 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP (4186 Views)

Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) / APC, PDP Senators-elect Clash Over Voting Pattern / Nigerians Made The Mistake Of Voting For Buhari - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by Jombojombo(m): 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
Good day dear nairalanders...

Now that is about five months to next years general election, anyone who wants to be realistic will agree with me that the winner of that election will surely be either APC or PDP. That is just the simple truth!

Looking at the latest political development in the land and on the expectation of more political development, I have projected the following to be the voting pattern of the six geopolitical zones come 2019.

NB: This is purely my humble opinion based on my study of the current political situation.

Constructive contrary opinions are welcome

South East
APC = 10%
PDP = 85%
Others = 5%

South South
APC = 25%
PDP = 70%
Others = 5%

South West
APC = 50%
PDP = 40%
Others = 10%

North Central
APC = 40%
PDP = 55%
Others = 5%

North East
APC = 50%
PDP = 45%
Others = 5%

North West
APC = 70%
PDP = 25%
Others = 5%

This conclusion is arrived at on the basis that both APC & PDP will be presenting Northern candidates

Brief Analysis

South East
Without any doubt, we all will agree that my Igbo brothers will not only vote for PDP, but will vote angrily against Buhari. Why?
The reason is simple... Buhari has so much marginalised the Igbos since his inception of office. This is a fact that is visible to the blind

South South
This is another support base for the PDP. But with the defection of Akpabio and based on the fact that one of the states (Edo) is under APC, their (APC) performance here will not be as bad as it will be in the south east

South West
The zone that is believed to be the most sophisticated. One thing about this zone is that you may not know where they stand until after the election. That notwithstanding however, with the influence of Tinubu, APC will still maintain a lead in this zone, though with a slim margin.

North Central
This zone used to be controlled by the APC until the recent defection of two Governors to the PDP (Kwara & Benue). It is also being rumored that Niger State Governor (being Atiku's loyalist) will soon follow suit.
More so, Nasarawa has always been won by the PDP since 1999 as far as presidential election is concerned. The remaining two states (Kogi & Plateau) though under APC might still vote in favour of PDP considering the fact that the citizens here are not core Northerners(I believe you know what I mean). Hence, PDP will maintain a lead here.

North East
No doubt, this is one of the major support base zone for the APC.
However, with the fact that PDP controls two states (Taraba & Gombe) in this zone, and also on the rumors that Adamawa state Governor may soon switch party, and on the premise that PDP's Presidential candidate will be from this zone, APC's lead in the zone come 2019 will be marginal.

North West
Do I need to make any analysis here?
APC surely have the remote control for this zone at the moment. No doubt!
Notwithstanding the fact that Sokoto State Governor just decamped to the PDP and also Kwakwanso, APC will maintain a comfortable lead here come 2019

Summary
Based on my empirical analysis above, I see PDP wining the 2019 Presidential election!

You can share your view!

Seun
Lalasticla
Mydn44

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by LudaChriz(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Nice analysis devoid of any element of bias

Lalasticlala
NgeneUkwune
sarrki
HungerBad
Madridguy
All zombie families worldwide...

Your attention is needed here grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by yomi96(m): 3:35pm On Aug 26, 2018
well said. but just so u know there are some flaws in your analysis with you allotting 70% to North west. KADUNA is already 50 50. Kano has kwankwaso and shekarau which is also an advantage. with lamido as a force in jigawa and tambawal in pdp. it's not going to be a landslide victory but Buhari will be sent parking.
Forget the noise BMC are making

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by michealewela: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
When you don't even know the aspirants....

3 Likes

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by abc115: 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
If it is emperical analysis...APC wins

NW votes=SS+SE votes

12 Likes

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by Bizibi(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
Nobody knows what will happen on that day,both parties will rig it so projections is just projections.
Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by LudaChriz(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
yomi96:
well said. but just so u know there are some flaws in your analysis with you allotting 70% to North west. KADUNA is already 50 50. Kano has kwankwaso and shekarau which is also an advantage. with lamido as a force in jigawa and tambawal in pdp. it's not going to be a landslide victory but Buhari will be sent parking.

I was also thinking that same way

Op 70% for Buhari in the North West is over estimated. With Tambuwal and Kwakwamso on the side of PDP, and on the fact that the PDP candidate will be a Northerner, Buhari will surely not have it so easy this time around in the North West as it were in 2015

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by LOM1(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
Good analysis... That's fair enough. I give this analysis 90%

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by abc115: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
yomi96:

Day dreaming...PMB will take 90% of votes in NW

15 Likes

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by jumper524(m): 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
remove 10% from pdp in southwest and add to APC.
remove another 15% from pdp in Northwest and also add APC.
as for middlebelt im sure your capitalising on fulani killings but trust me your wrong..
the killings increased in buhari era no doubt but the APC has provided lasting solutions including the communal/tribal crisis in jos which the media is politicising e.g premiumtimes.
the people there knows where the solution to thier problems lies..
am telling you give APC 80% in that region..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by LudaChriz(m): 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
abc115:

Joker

6 Likes

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by Oluwabusobomi(f): 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2018
Interesting!

With this, it is now cristal clear that the days of hardship, bitterness, hunger, killings, unlawful arrest and detention are numbered in Nigeria

Buhari must go!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
Even as an Igbo dude here in the Northeast grin grin.. Oga i have not seen a PDP poster for any elective position anywhere in Borno State.

In the Next Presidential election sincerely PDP will not score up to 10% here.

Do not stay in your state to run a country political analysis...

PDP For Imo state 2019.
SamDaddy

21 Likes

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by PeterObi2019(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
Atiku/Obi 2019!

God's own ticket

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by Beress(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Even as an Igbo dude here in the Northeast grin grin.. Oga i have not seen a PDP poster for any elective position anywhere in Borno State.

PDP For Imo state 2019.
SamDaddy

My friend you can not be marketing your albino Samuel Anyanwu in your state and demarketing PDP at the center... You are simply causing more political harm to the young man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by Jombojombo(m): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
Lalasticlala let's get a wider view please
Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by Oluwabusobomi(f): 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
jumper524:
remove 10% from pdp in southwest and add to APC.
remove another 15% from pdp in Northwest and also add APC.
as for middlebelt im sure your capitalising on fulani killings but trust me your wrong..
the killings increased in buhari era no doubt but the APC has provided lasting solutions including the communal/tribal crisis in jos which the media is politicising e.g premiumtimes.
the people there knows where the solution to thier problems lies..
am telling you give APC 80% in that region..

Stop joking

1 Like

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by senatordave1(m): 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
Beress:

My friend you can not be marketing your albino Samuel Anyanwu in your state and demarketing PDP at the center... You are simply causing more political harm to the young man
Thats objectivity and honesty.buhari will get 80% of northwest.kwankwaso cannot get up to 1 mililion votes in kano.ganduje will infate the votes and pdp will only protest.buhari will get 75% in north east.its only taraba that he will lose marginally,he has always won gombe.states like bauchi,yobe and borno love buhari more than kano-katsina.north central is 50 50.whoever wins will be marginally.buhari will get 60% in south west,pdp is almost dead in that zone.

Buhari and apc has penettated the ss/se especially the former.pdp will win south south by 65%.apc has also penetrated south east.apga are fielding a candidate which will reduce pdo votes plus ipob might declare a sit at home.pdp will get 50%,apga 30,apc 20.this is more realistic

11 Likes

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by Beress(m): 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
senatordave1:

Thats objectivity and honesty.buhari will get 80% of northwest.kwankwaso cannot get up to 1 mililion votes in kano.ganduje will infate the votes and pdp will only protest.buhari will get 75% in north east.its only taraba that he will lose marginally,he has always won gombe.states like bauchi,yobe and borno love buhari more than kano-katsina.north central is 50 50.whoever wins will be marginally.buhari will get 60% in south west,pdp is almost dead in that zone.

Buhari and apc has penettated the ss/se especially the former.pdp will win south south by 65%.apc has also penetrated south east.apga are fielding a candidate which will reduce pdo votes plus ipob might declare a sit at home.pdp will get 50%,apga 30,apc 20.this is more realistic

Deep down, you self know you aren't saying the truth here

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by modath(f): 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
Beress:

My friend you can not be marketing your aleybino Samuel Anyanwu in your state and demarketing PDP at the center... You are simply causing more political harm to the young man

Iya, the TRUTH always sounds like nonsense when it's against what one wants to hear/align with...

Have you seen Kwankwanso walking freely anywhere in the north yet? Does charity not begin at home? How is Tambuwal faring in Sokoto that he had to go on emergency hajj mere months to election?

February is almost here,when e go clear for doubtful thosases & thomasinas eyes that wishing does not equal to reality..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by gaby(m): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
Jombojombo:
Good day dear nairalanders...

Now that is about five months to next years general election, anyone who wants to be realistic will agree with me that the winner of that election will surely be either APC or PDP. That is just the simple truth!

Looking at the latest political development in the land and on the expectation of more political development, I have projected the following to be the voting pattern of the six geopolitical zones come 2019.

NB: This is purely my humble opinion based on my study of the current political situation.

Constructive contrary opinions are welcome

South East
APC = 10%
PDP = 85%
Others = 5%

South South
APC = 25%
PDP = 70%
Others = 5%

South West
APC = 50%
PDP = 40%
Others = 10%

North Central
APC = 40%
PDP = 55%
Others = 5%

North East
APC = 50%
PDP = 45%
Others = 5%

North West
APC = 70%
PDP = 25%
Others = 5%

Very balanced, methodical and apt analysis, especially with the North central votes.

Makes sense.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by gasparpisciotta: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
I respect op for his submission, but remember that the choice of candidate matters when electorates are deciding whom to vote for. If PDP can manage the egos of Kwankwaso and Atiku to concede to whoever wins then I will support your submission, but based on the antecedents of these two politicians, with no one to preach to their conscience if none is nominated by PDP then you can trust them to work against whoever emerges as PDP candidate which may affect the outcome of that election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
This is my take

People are reading into by-elections too much

The general election is a different ball game

Buhari can not win a free and fair election in 2019. APC know this and are planning to use INEC and security forces to rig the election

But this much is fact. Presidency goes the direction the middle belt or North central votes. Buhari has lost north central

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by Beress(m): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
gasparpisciotta:
I respect op for his submission, but remember that the choice of candidate matters when electorates are deciding whom to vote for. If PDP can manage the egos of Kwankwaso and Atiku to concede to whoever wins then I will support your submission, but based on the antecedents of these two politicians, with no one to preach to their conscience if none is nominated by PDP then you can trust them to work against whoever emerges as PDP candidate which may affect the outcome of that election.

You are wise!

But I guess even if Atiku and Kwankwanso are not favoured at the primaries, they obviously have no second choice than to support who ever immerge as the PDP candidate.
Just like in 2015 when they all supported Buhari after losing the APC primaries.

To them, they will believe that it is better for PDP to win... simply because Buhari may end up dealing with them if he wins second term

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
Beress:

I support Samdaddy does not necessarily mean i should not speak the truth. Happy Sunday Bro grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by ORIENTATION101: 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
it will be easier for apc to get 40% in south south region than pdp get 20% of votes in north east.

this people doing analysis seems to forget that the only major southerner contesting in election is osibanjo.
pdp will never get 70 percent of votes in south south again except you guys re still using Gej influence in last election as a yardstick in 2019.

northwest vote cannot be altered because the region is the incumbency expecting pdp to get 25% vote in north west is same as excepting apc to get 25% in south south region when their son was the incumbent.

pdp got 40% in south west when they had governors in ekiti and ondo couple with the fact that the party is the incumbent.south west apc is expecting power after buhari so they will be ruthless in rigging that's why they position all the govs as apc to be much easier.
a geopolitical zone expecting presidency like southwest with the 2ND highest voters in Nigeria.
will award buhari more than 70% votes.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by tuniski: 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
abc115:

No, he won't and he can't!

Even GEJ in 2011 had 25%+ in the NW. With northern candidate as main challenger, PDP won't go below 25%.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by tuniski: 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
it will be easier for apc to get 40% in south south region than pdp get 20% of votes in north east.

this people doing analysis seems to forget that the only major southerner contesting in election is osibanjo.
pdp will never get 70 percent of votes in south south again except you guys re still using Gej influence in last election as a yardstick in 2019.

northwest vote cannot be altered because the region is the incumbency expecting pdp to get 25% vote in north west is same as excepting apc to get 25% in south south region when their son was the incumbent.

pdp got 40% in south west when they had governors in ekiti and ondo couple with the fact that the party is the incumbent.south west apc is expecting power after buhari so they will be ruthless in rigging that's why they position all the govs as apc to be much easier.
a geopolitical zone expecting presidency like southwest with the 2ND highest voters in Nigeria.
will award buhari more than 70% votes.
PDP had it worst performance in the entire country zone by zone in 2015. Prior to that, Buhari was blown out 3 times by OBJ,yar Aua and GEJ.
Don't over rate Buhari 2015 was the exception not the norm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by Beress(m): 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
Lalasticlala pls do the needful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by ozo13(m): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

PDP For Imo state 2019.
SamDaddy
same here in kebbi.the only PDP poster I have seen is this turaki guy vying for PDP presidential ticket grin

8 Likes

Re: 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP by kabrudrapist: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
This analysis is more credible and realistic than that senatordave1 beer parlour analysis.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yakubu Warns INEC Staff Against Complicity With Politicians / Reps Demand Documents On ₦2.2 Trillion Foreign, Domestic Debts Utilisation / IPOB and ESN have gone quiet - here are some possible reasons why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.