Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? (1310 Views)

Man Holds Ex Lover Hostage On Her Way To Wed Another Man After Training Her / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / Can You Trust A Wife Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
I broke up with my bf of over 5 years recently, and I am going to share my story pretty much soon so other ladies can learn from my mistakes.
There's this friend of mine that has been on my case since too, I didn't date him then cos I was not ready to cheat on my ex. He's still interested in me... we have kind of started dating and I'm confused I don't know what to expect. I was young when I entered the first relationship with my ex. I have learned my lessons and I don't want to make same mistakes over again. Tho this guy is more matured and much older than I am, he is working too.
I went on a date with him yesterday and my mum won't stop preaching about my ex, I should be careful, shine my eyes, what if there's someone even better than this one bla bla bla. Pls I need advice, I have read here one time how a lady got jilted by her boyfriend of over 6 years but got married 6 months after the break up. How were you able to trust the new man? As it is now my mum wouldn't mind me double dating, she's still angry that I dated only one guy for that long. I need tips, questions that should be asked, how much to trust, what to expect, how soon bfr romance and all. Thanks all
No front page pls
Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by gaby(m): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hmmm...more worrisome in your narrative is how your mum wouldn't mind you double dating. This reasoning here is why most mothers see no issues in consenting to their daughters going to Europe for prostitution. They'd tell you instead of their daughters to be doing it locally for free, they should by all means up the ante and go earn some Euros while at it. This is how low we have descended as a people and parents.

Even if your mum is ignorant, I'd expect you to know better and not allow her to be the one to make decisions that are supposed to be this personal/lifelong for you.

The end of a relationship should signal the birth of another relationship and not the end of life.

Abi if water kill person, people dey stop to drink water, or say people dey die for road accident, but people still dey drive for the same roads.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
classicB:
I have read here one time how a lady got jilted by her boyfriend of over 6 years but got married 6 months after the break up. How were you able to trust the new man? As it is now my mum wouldn't mind me double dating, she's still angry that I dated only one guy for that long.

Your mum has to be a Gangster mum! grin grin grin But there is a fire on the mountain oh!

The same guy that was broke, got married to someone else. Where did he get the money from?

https://www.nairaland.com/2163909/boyfriend-said-not-wife-material

classicB:
My boyfriend has graduated for over two years now with nothing to show for it. It's really affecting us because most of the time he is down and I don't really like seeing him in such conditions. I know many people have given testimonies through this platform and I will also love to give mine. He graduated with a second class upper division from university of Ibadan. I am ready to reply dms concerning this course.thank you all
Lalasticlala
Mynd

classicB:
So many guys are have gotten it all wrong. I decided to put down our chat pictures, maybe that could have made you understand my point. I am not asking him for money. I have been with him for five years and I cannot pin point something in particular he has done for me simply because he is broke, I am always the one helping him financially and being the good supportive gf, it pains me that whenever he has little money like this, to even buy 500# airtime for me becomes a problem. I just wanna be sure am not with a stingy man cos I don't see myself getting married to one. We'd enter cab together and I'd be the one to pay for either both of us or myself, he hardly gives t.fare whenever I visit him, never buy me anything, all these are making me feel like I'm in a one sided relationship. Broke guys can care for their gfs too, especially the ones that are always there for u either financially, emotionally or otherwise, don't make her feel like she's missing out on something.
No FP pls.

classicB:
I dunno if this is love o because I no longer understand.
My boyfriend doesn't want me to visit guys, tho is he not against me having as many male friends as possible.
He doesn't wanna hear that am personally going to visit a guy on my own grin he ends up talking about rape! 'what if the guy rapes you' sad
My introverted nature doesn't permit me visit people frequently but then, does it make sense for him to stop me from visiting my guy friends?
Is that how guys advice their girlfriends to keep away from guys just so she doesn't get 'raped'
Tnks
Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
No need sharing your pathetic story here...

When the going was good, did you share it?

Spare us the "men is scum" shhii you wanna type.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
cruchenutii:

Your mum has to be a Gangster mum! grin grin grin But there is a fire on the mountain oh!

The same guy that was broke, got married to someone else. Where did he get the money from?

https://www.nairaland.com/2163909/boyfriend-said-not-wife-material

I didn't say he is married.
Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by ikeno(m): 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
are you under pressure from your mum to get married? because I don't see a reason why you jump into a new relationship just few days after breaking up from a 5yr relationship.

why not take a chill pill and wait.what if your ex comes begging with tearing flowing like river Niger,will you leave the other guy hanging.

this new guy,how sure are that he loves you or just want to get in your pants.

Do not let anyone to dictate how you should live your life most especially your mum

1 Like

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
classicB:
I broke up with my bf of over 5 years recently, and I am going to share my story pretty much soon so other ladies can learn from my mistakes.
There's this friend of mine that has been on my case since too, I didn't date him then cos I was not ready to cheat on my ex. He's still interested in me... we have kind of started dating and I'm confused I don't know what to expect. I was young when I entered the first relationship with my ex. I have learned my lessons and I don't want to make same mistakes over again. Tho this guy is more matured and much older than I am, he is working too.
I went on a date with him yesterday and my mum won't stop preaching about my ex, I should be careful, shine my eyes, what if there's someone even better than this one bla bla bla. Pls I need advice, I have read here one time how a lady got jilted by her boyfriend of over 6 years but got married 6 months after the break up. How were you able to trust the new man? As it is now my mum wouldn't mind me double dating, she's still angry that I dated only one guy for that long. I need tips, questions that should be asked, how much to trust, what to expect, how soon bfr romance and all. Thanks all
No front page pls

its too early, and you should first clear your mind of your ex and get back on your knees. if you are still hurting and bitter about your ex, then chances are you are only going to be a waste if time for any man that aprroaches you. so first WORK ON YOURSELF, and when you are ready then think of getting back on the market. the fact that you even think of asking total stranger as to what to do, how to act, who kind of demon to turn into, shows us all that you are not ready for anything.

btw trust is something that is earned over time....but let us all be clear on the fact that you should trust ANY new man from the get go, whether your ex was an aaaaashole or not, and only if that new man fukcs up, should your trust disappear. thats how it works, and the rules never changed because you dated a donkey in the past.

as for your mum..... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by yvelchstores(f): 5:50am On Aug 27, 2018
Personally I don't blame Ur mother. Committing yourself to someone for 5 good years when he hasn't committed himself and his future to u.

Ppl should listen to parents on this. A man doesn't need years to know he want to marry u.
Why date a boy who hasn't stood up on his feet as a man? He can't marry now and u know, yet u volunteered for 5 years service.

New again u have jumped into another one. The truth could be that this new one wants to FINALLY get u. No guarantee that he will now find out "wow, this girl is great, I want to marry her"

As a woman, for how long do u want to keep testing the waters. A man who is serious about you will want to know more about u, where u come from, family background, not the colour of your pant.

An Igbo adage says, why scratch and pinch on the package when u will still open it.

Give urslf time to discover Ur self. U did say u entered D 5 years relationship very young. Allow Ur self to grow up by yourself a bit.
If the new guy really wants to marry u, he shld come and see Ur parents, then u can take it slow from there.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
yvelchstores:
Personally I don't blame Ur mother. Committing yourself to someone for 5 good years when he hasn't committed himself and his future to u.

so future men in her life should suffer because ONE man had a change of heart with this woman?!?

Ppl should listen to parents on this. A man doesn't need years to know he want to marry u.

probably the dude who played this babe also listened to the awful advice of his mother, to go cheat on his partner. duh!

Why date a boy who hasn't stood up on his feet as a man? He can't marry now and u know, yet u volunteered for 5 years service.

who should be blamed here, the immature man or the person who willingly dated him?!

New again u have jumped into another one. The truth could be that this new one wants to FINALLY get u. No guarantee that he will now find out "wow, this girl is great, I want to marry her"

how would any woman know unless she takes her time to find out?!

As a woman, for how long do u want to keep testing the waters. A man who is serious about you will want to know more about u, where u come from, family background, not the colour of your pant.

the above is a damn LIE. yes a man who is serious would want to know more about you, where you come from etc, AND EQUALLY test ride your bedmatics. if you believe that a serious man wouldnt desire sex from you then you are either dating an undercover gay dude or living in la la land.

Give urslf time to discover Ur self. U did say u entered D 5 years relationship very young. Allow Ur self to grow up by yourself a bit.
If the new guy really wants to marry u, he shld come and see Ur parents, then u can take it slow from there.

you started making sense then lost it again.... yes she should give herself time to grow, but she shouldnt fail to act RIGHT in the future neither. when she is ready, let her start slow by DATING a dude, then in due time, getting SERIOUS with him, and then down the line if she likes his character/nature etc, maybe think of marrying the dude. dont put the carriage before the horses.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by lilmax(m): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
yvelchstores:

An Igbo adage says, why scratch and pinch on the package when u will still open it.

you are not an intelligent person

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by yvelchstores(f): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
lilmax:
you are not an intelligent person
u are not a civil person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by yvelchstores(f): 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

so future men in her life should suffer because ONE man had a change of heart with this woman?!?

probably the dude who played this babe also listened to the awful advice of his mother, to go cheat on his partner. duh!

who should be blamed here, the immature man or the person who willingly dated him?!

how would any woman know unless she takes her time to find out?!

the above is a damn LIE. yes a man who is serious would want to know more about you, where you come from etc, AND EQUALLY test ride your bedmatics. if you believe that a serious man wouldnt desire sex from you then you are either dating an undercover gay dude or living in la la land.

you started making sense then lost it again.... yes she should give herself time to grow, but she shouldnt fail to act RIGHT in the future neither. when she is ready, let her start slow by DATING a dude, then in due time, getting SERIOUS with him, and then down the line if she likes his character/nature etc, maybe think of marrying the dude. dont put the carriage before the horses.
if u like, pieces my write up and do a study, she asked for opinion. That's mine. I don't think like u and I bless God for it. Thank u.
Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by ImaIma1(f): 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2018
Just take it that your ex was not your husband even if you wasted years dating him. Close that chapter and don't judge other men according to him.

Do your due diligence on this guy...ask questions, be a private detective. There is a lot we learn fron asking questions. I dodged a bullet when i asked around about a guy that was on my case. No time.

I dated someone for 6yrs but i moved on. We broke up in October and by January i forgot him so much that his birthday passed without me remembering.Life is too sweet to be slowed down by anyone.

As for your mum, she has lived her life, she should allow you live yours.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2018
Why does everything have to be so serious?

Just have fun getting to know each other. Give him the benefit of the doubt, take no risks, just have fun and if you don't, move on.
Trust grows over time if the other person is worthy of it. For now, you are JUST dating. No need overanalyzing everything.
Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
You sound too desperate ,I hope you don't get hurt.
Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hanseel1:
You sound too desperate ,I hope you don't get hurt.

What does this little boy know about relationship o.
See him talking cho cho cho.
Wonders shall never cease!

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2018
post=70667558:
What does this little boy know about relationship o. See him talking cho cho cho. Wonders shall never cease!
CC mynd44,dominique.
Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hahahaha cheesy wink
Relationship experts o.
When you keep running all around all our posts with the same pic you stole from us, you forgot so fast boy?
Next time, you won't start what you can't finish Elder001.
cheesy grin wink.

@OP, just take life jeje please.
Please don't rush it!
Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:36am On Aug 28, 2018
TRUST HIM EXACTLY HOW YOU TRUSTED THE FIRST. cheesy

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 28, 2018
U dated him for 5yrs and he didn't marry u doesn't mean he is immature or a bad person. The fault could be from u

Marriage is really not the key to happiness in life so enjoy ur single-hood while u work on ur self. The right man will come don't be pressurized by ur mum.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by milemimi93(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
classicB:
No front page pls

Trust no one. Not even yourself.
Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by Wilfredpat22(f): 4:33am On Aug 29, 2018
Are you working yourself? Don’t go and dump your problems and be a liability on a man that is still planning and pushing through all in the name of marriage
Re: How Do I Trust A New Man After A Recent Break Up? by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 29, 2018
If a man dumped you after good five years of relationship, the reason(s) are obviously two ways. You both share the blames so I suggest you ask yourself some serious questions before embarking on this second missionary journey else what happened in 1985 will repeat itself.

One tip, never try to judge this new guy based on attitude of the other guy or else I see a relationship bellview crash. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Family Planning And Its Effect / Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? / We Have Beautiful Glasses (shades) Very Cheap!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.