Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi (9230 Views)

I’ll Beat Atiku, Tinubu Landslide, Kola Abiola Boasts / Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit / APC Sets Up Team For Buhari To “beat” Atiku In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by JosEast(m): 4:29am On Aug 27, 2018
A presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ahmed Makarfi, has dismissed the role of money in the race for the party’s presidential ticket.

He told newsmen yesterday in Lagos, that even party members concurred he is the best man, among a dozen aspirants, fit for the job and that he does not need to give them money to get their votes.

Among the aspirants are former vice-president Atiku Abubakar, former governor of Sokoto, Attahiru Bafarawa, former Kano governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso and Gombe governor, Ibrahim Dankwambo. Senate President Bukola Saraki has been on a national tour, ‘consulting’ to join the race.

Makarfi said contrary to certain opinions, money would not determine who picks the PDP ticket, and that money has never been a determinant in who becomes the president of Nigeria.

“When did Nigeria start to produce presidents because of resources? Former presidents Alhaji Shehu Shagari, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, Dr Goodluck Jonathan and now President Muhammadu Buhari, did not become presidents based on money.

“In one of the Southwest states I visited, a member said other aspirants have been giving them money and gifts, but I don’t have to give them money or gifts to vote for me in the primaries because they know I am the best man for the job,” he said.

Makarfi said he was confident of picking the party’s ticket for the 2019 election.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Makarfi, a former governor of Kaduna State who also served as the chairman, PDP National Caretaker Committee, is now one of the over 12 presidential aspirants of the party.

The PDP aspirant, who just concluded meetings with PDP members in the Southwest, said his exceptional performance as chairman of the caretaker committee would give him an upper hand at the primaries.

“PDP has become a beautiful bride because of what I did. The party was considered dead until I came in as chairman of the caretaker committee and turned it round.

“No other presidential aspirant in the party has my pedigree. I have been assured of becoming the groom by members who are aware of those efforts and have sworn they will not sell their votes at the primaries.

“Since I joined the PDP, I have never left the party.

“My experience as a member of the Senate committee on finance for eight years is also an advantage. I will bring the experience to bear when I pick the ticket and emerge as president,” he said.

Makarfi said he had plans to adopt in order to curtail herders-farmers clashes if he gets the party’s ticket and is elected president of Nigeria at a stakeholder visit he held with leaders of the Lagos State Chapter of the PDP in Lagos over the weekend.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-don-t-need-money-to-beat-atiku-others-for-pdp-ticket--makarfi-267601.html

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by edo3(m): 4:33am On Aug 27, 2018
FTC.
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by homotayo11(m): 4:34am On Aug 27, 2018
Mr makarfi Money and politics work hand in hand.

12 Likes

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by unohbethel(m): 4:34am On Aug 27, 2018
cheesy
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by madridguy(m): 4:47am On Aug 27, 2018
grin
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by DonCorleons: 5:07am On Aug 27, 2018
:A
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by orisa37: 5:11am On Aug 27, 2018
He is right.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Elukapendragon(m): 5:41am On Aug 27, 2018
Like if for Markafi. Share for Atiku..... undecided

27 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by jumper524(m): 5:49am On Aug 27, 2018
JosEast:

Makarfi said he had plans to adopt in order to curtail herders-farmers clashes if he gets the party’s ticket and is elected president of Nigeria at a stakeholder visit he held with leaders of the Lagos State Chapter of the PDP in Lagos over the weekend.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-don-t-need-money-to-beat-atiku-others-for-pdp-ticket--makarfi-267601.html
You have plans to end herders And farmers clash?
This is where people get it wrong.
Must you become president b4 you can achieve such?
Why not share those those ideas with pdp infected state govt and lets know how serious.
B4 the transformation of APC they had 7outstanding governors..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by intruxive(m): 6:46am On Aug 27, 2018
Only credible candidate in pdp

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by alizma: 6:56am On Aug 27, 2018
Now the game begins

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by afroniger: 7:01am On Aug 27, 2018
Makarfi is a joker if he thinks he can match the likes of money-bag Atiku without some serious money. Whether he likes it or not, he will be needing a lot of money to win-over delegates that he expects to vote for him during the primaries. This is Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by CChillz: 7:16am On Aug 27, 2018
Like I said in my previous post, the man should calm down. Ranting and boasting like this isn't gonna help. his contenders are also heavy weight in politics. but thank Go September is near for us to know which presidential aspirant wins the PDP primary
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Joevics(m): 8:09am On Aug 27, 2018
jumper524:
Why not share those those ideas with pdp infected state govt and lets know how serious.
B4 the transformation of APC they had 7 outstanding governors..
And how will the PDP infected state government schieve these objectives if it involves using the police or military?

Most of you forget quite easily.
I can still remember an Andy Uba proffering Solutions about the high exchange rate back then.
It was you dimwits in Apc that also laughed and attacked him.

Allow the man, when he becomes president (God willing), he will implement it, or he could advise when a listening president comes onboard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:28am On Aug 27, 2018
Hahahahaha cheesy wink

MAKE una dey dere they beat unasef on top the big lose starring you all in the face.

1 Share

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Waakanda: 9:29am On Aug 27, 2018
We shall see cool

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Brains1990(m): 9:30am On Aug 27, 2018
Shut up motherfuvka. We all know this is a blatant lie
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Afamed: 9:31am On Aug 27, 2018
Unfortunately Wike and Secondus will definitely hand over the PDP Presidential ticket to highest bidder.

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by frowland(m): 9:33am On Aug 27, 2018
Joevics:

And how will the PDP infected state government schieve these objectives if it involves using the police or military?

Most of you forget quite easily.
I can still remember an Andy Uba proffering Solutions about the high exchange rate back then.
It was you dimwits in Apc that also laughed and attacked him.

Allow the man, when he becomes president (God willing), he will implement it, or he could advise when a listening president comes onboard.

If you think Any fulani man will arrest, or oppose anything that will be against the ideals myetti allah then I have no word to describe you. All of them are silent with regards to anything myetti allah. Why have none of them spoken against them?
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Oduwils222(m): 9:35am On Aug 27, 2018
The ticket is just #12M so it shouldnt be a concern
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2018
jumper524:
B4 the transformation of APC they had 7outstanding governors..
lol...bro enlighten ursef...In normal climes u cud recommend or suggest such but in nja think again because the 2014 national confab and NEC recommendations are still in aso rock untouched...Perhaps we should start from there because all who participated has said it could have saved us...
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Joevics(m): 9:38am On Aug 27, 2018
frowland:

If you think Any fulani man will arrest, or oppose anything that will be against the ideals myetti allah then I have no word to describe you. All of them are silent with regards to anything myetti allah. Why have none of them spoken against them?
you believe the late Yaradua would allow people ro be consistently killed without doing anything.

Everyone who spoke against it, had been persecuted.
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by oyeb15: 9:41am On Aug 27, 2018
the only honest man in the bunch.
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:43am On Aug 27, 2018
Chai! cheesy
He craves for your attention badly wink grin grin wink.
Ignore him!
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by frowland(m): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2018
Joevics:

you believe the late Yaradua would allow people ro be consistently killed without doing anything.

Everyone who spoke against it, had been persecuted.

You are just assuming as the man is dead and have no history of dealing decisively with issues like this. No Fulani man from the north will dare arrest any myetti allah leader on the issue of herdsmen. Infact, no PDP aspirant will dare request the immediate arrest of any leader of myetti allah. Have you heard Atiku demand such? Have your heard Kwankwaso or Shekarau or even the brilliant Dankwambo demand the leaders arrest? Haha, keep deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by idu1(m): 9:46am On Aug 27, 2018
Patiently waiting
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by excomarow(m): 9:46am On Aug 27, 2018
Makarfi if you know you don't have money, no just waste your time.

PDP for that matter cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Idrismusty97(m): 9:47am On Aug 27, 2018
Atiku, Kwakwaso, Tambuwal and Saraki will all eat you raw. I pity Markarfi, In all fairness he is the most loyal and honest man in the PDP. Just because of defections from some hungry obsessive overambitious politicians the PDP have literary hand over the Keys and structure to them and throw Markarfi under the bus. Defect now where you would be celebrated and appreciated for your values, Don't stay where you are only tolerated.

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Themandator: 9:53am On Aug 27, 2018
afroniger:
Makarfi is a joker if he thinks he can match the likes of money-bag Atiku without some serious money. Whether he likes it or not, he will be needing a lot of money to win-over delegates that he expects to vote for him during the primaries. This is Nigeria.

He doesn't just need money. He need better manifesto to come close. Only Atiku has told us where he stands on burning national issues and has done that even while acting as vice to a man opposed to the most crucial of all the issues: restructuring

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by gassbee: 9:54am On Aug 27, 2018
markafi is d least marketable of all d PDP presidential aspirants

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis / Afenifere And The Politics Of Killer Herdsmen / Don't Blame Buhari For The Mess You Put Benue - Garba Shehu Criticizes Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.