Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. (12212 Views)

S20 ultra,Note 10 Plus, S8 Plus, S9, S9 Plus, S10 Plus,S10, A71, A50 Going Cheap / Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus Price Leaks / Galaxy S9 Price, Release Date And Specs: Samsung Confirms Mwc Launch For S9, S9+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by TechCapon(m): 7:01am On Aug 27, 2018
TechCapon

There’s no doubt 2018 has been a lot more profitable and better for LG than it’s previous years especially in the smartphone segment as it already dominates the TV segment. Now, with the South Korean giant preparing for a launch of yet another Android smartphone – the V40. Or most likely going to be called – the LG V40 ThinQ. We all expect the company to launch the V40 ThinQ at the annual trade show taking place in Berlin, Germany, that’s running from August 31 through September this year with rumors suggesting an October release. However, it doesn’t really matter, this is what we know about the flagship killer.

LG V40 ThinQ display

It’s no secret that LG is the king of display technology so this phone which is built to rival the Galaxy S9 comes boasting a premium-grade display panel with a metal-and-glass build, together with an elongated screen using an 18:9 (2:1) aspect ratio. and an OLED screen with a diagonal north of six inches, as well as QHD+ resolution support.

LG V40 ThinQ memory and processor

Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 chip powers the phone and combining that power to the 6GB of RAM, 64GB of storage space, which is expandable via a microSD card slot. This phone is perfect for multi tasking while keeping everything running smoothly.

LG V40 ThinQ camera and battery

Sporting a 3.5mm headphone jack of course, no information on the V40’s battery has yet emerged but LG is widely expected to not go under 3,300mAh. As far as the camera is concerned a triple-camera setup is expected on the back, featuring three horizontally arranged sensors and a dual-LED flash unit, with at least one of them being a wide-angle affair.

LG V40 ThinQ Features & Software

The V40 ThinQ is widely expected to run Android 9 Pie out of the box which should be the Korean company’s proprietary implementation. A rear-mounted fingerprint reader and face recognition support should be on board as well, together with AI-infused photography, similar to what LG already introduced with the V35 ThinQ and G7 ThinQ.

Price and conclusion.

This premium flagship is going to start at over $700 this upcoming phablet is also expected to be LG’s final flagship without 5G capabilities, with the V45 ThinQ already being rumored to debut in the first half of the year 2019 with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X50 modem.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/lg-set-to-launch-the-lg-v40-thinq-to-rival-the-samsung-galaxy-s9-s9-plus/

1 Like

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Acjohn(m): 7:08am On Aug 27, 2018
'Its no secret that LG is the king of display technology?
Bros wake up you must be sleeping

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 27, 2018
Acjohn:
it's true. Apple uses the OLED display being produced by LG for it's own iPhone. Sony also uses the OLED for it's high end smartphones as well.

16 Likes

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:58am On Aug 27, 2018
SAMSUNG: THE KING OF PHONES

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by EmmaLege: 7:58am On Aug 27, 2018
LG killer
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Metuh: 7:59am On Aug 27, 2018
3,300mAh? I will rather stick to my 5000mAh/6050mAh.
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by ohosi4real(m): 7:59am On Aug 27, 2018
Price in naira pls
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by XVIER(m): 8:00am On Aug 27, 2018
Hope una wey dey use this expensive phone dey use am call heaven, If not what's the essence?
I use leagoo, you use iPhone X.
You nairaland, I nairaland.
You Twitter, I Twitter.
You Facebook, I Facebook
You WhatsApp, I WhatsApp.
You Skype, I Skype.
You telegram, I telegram.
You take selfie, I take selfie.
You flaunt your iPhone X to get the ladies, I flaunt my own too, Bros na same pussyy we go fvck.
Your phone fall screen break you je gbese, my screen break I smile replace am with shingili money.
iPhone X is vanity upon insanity. Leagoo kiikaa is the real deal

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by certified1(m): 8:01am On Aug 27, 2018
Metuh:
3,300mAh? I will rather stick to my 5000mAh/6050mAh.

Is battery the only feature to be enjoyed in phones?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Acjohn(m): 8:02am On Aug 27, 2018
lofty900:
it's true. Apple uses the OLED display being produced by LG for it's own iPhone. Sony also uses the OLED for it's high end smartphones as well.
Because it'd cheaper than that of Samsung. Most big brands see Samsung as serious rival and are skeptical on entering contract with them not to foster their growth. The best thing to do is to meet a company that can't have a chance with them, give them a specification with an agreement that they won't replicate the specifications on their brands andbpay them for it. That is to also add that what LG produces for these companies can't be replicated on their brand if not it will leave them in an Unended legal battle which was what happened between Samsung and Iphone.
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Proffdada: 8:02am On Aug 27, 2018
I don't see any competition
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Springdale: 8:02am On Aug 27, 2018
lofty900:

I thought Samsung owns OLED screens, which Apple uses.

No come write your own story o grin

5 Likes

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by sirusX(m): 8:03am On Aug 27, 2018
certified1:

I guess that's a feature he considers a priority

For you...it might be different

2 Likes

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by chikasin4(m): 8:03am On Aug 27, 2018
lofty900:

That is pure lai. Very untrue. Iphone X uses oled display produced by Samsung not lg. Lg phone section is struggling at the moment. Samsung is even the biggest chip maker in the world right now followed by Intel. Google it and stop misleading people hear. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeees

13 Likes

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Koralords: 8:03am On Aug 27, 2018
ohosi4real:
Price in naira pls

700 times 360
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by chikasin4(m): 8:07am On Aug 27, 2018
Acjohn:

Because it'd cheaper than that of Samsung. Most big brands see Samsung as serious rival and are skeptical on entering contract with them not to foster their growth. The best thing to do is to meet a company that can't have a chance with them, give them a specification with an agreement that they won't replicate the specifications on their brands andbpay them for it. That is to also add that what LG produces for these companies can't be replicated on their brand if not it will leave them in an Unended legal battle which was what happened between Samsung and Iphone.

Use google. Samsung chips set remains the cheapest and the biggest. Googlr it. Apple uses it even thought they are in a legal battle. Apple also remaind the richest phone company with a net wort of over 1trillion dollers. Fact
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by dalongjnr: 8:08am On Aug 27, 2018
Koralords:

700 times 360
a millimilli oh a milli

1 Like

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Jeromejnr(m): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2018
My S9 is still king.

Waiting for the S10.
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Jeromejnr(m): 8:11am On Aug 27, 2018
lofty900:

The display is being made by Samsung sir. Please do research.
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by ObservantFellow: 8:12am On Aug 27, 2018
lofty900:

Huh??
Is it no longer Samsung AMOLED screens that iPhone uses?

From the days of Macbook till last I checked, Apple take delivery of their screens from Samsung. I remember having the option of buying a Samsung screen to replace that of a damaged Macbook as a cheaper alternative to buying Apple spare. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by stevrulez(m): 8:13am On Aug 27, 2018
Samsung phones r wack angry
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by SojiCash(m): 8:14am On Aug 27, 2018
Acjohn:

If you don't know you don't know shut up

1 Like

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Metuh: 8:14am On Aug 27, 2018
certified1:

How will you enjoy the features without a battery? or a battery that can't even last more than 5hrs on an average use
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Jeromejnr(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2018
stevrulez:
Samsung phones r wack angry

Which Smasung phones have you used?

Have you used the S8 or the S9?

Samsung won the best smartphone for last year and currently it has the best smartphone for this year.

1 Like

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Acjohn(m): 8:18am On Aug 27, 2018
chikasin4:

Use google. Samsung chips set remains the cheapest and the biggest. Googlr it. Apple uses it even thought they are in a legal battle. Apple also remaind the richest phone company with a net wort of over 1trillion dollers. Fact
Does that mean you are comparing Samsung display to LG?

If yes, bros I rest my case. Its too early to argue plus this company will not pay me for promoting their brands, coupled with I don't think my last LG product I bought has convinced me that they are a in any way competing with the big brands
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by clemzyzone(m): 8:19am On Aug 27, 2018
Biko ...Mk person bless me with 2k or 3k mk I use buy small foodstuff till small thing show for my side can't die in silence..God bless
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by certified1(m): 8:21am On Aug 27, 2018
Metuh:

How will you enjoy the features without a battery? or a battery that can't even last more than 5hrs on an average use

iPhone X battery is 2716mah. I charge once in a day sometimes once in 2 days. It's not about the battery capacity but how the phone is optimized

6 Likes

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Jeromejnr(m): 8:21am On Aug 27, 2018
Acjohn:

Does that mean you are comparing Samsung display to LG?

If yes, bros I rest my case. Its too early to argue plus this company will not pay me for promoting their brands, coupled with I don't think my last LG product I bought has convinced me that they are a in any way competing with the big brands

Bros..Samsung makes the best displays ever on Smartphones.

They have the highest PPI in any display.

The S9/S9 plus was said to have displays better than any 4k tv.

Go check displaymate.com

2 Likes

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by Metuh: 8:26am On Aug 27, 2018
certified1:

iPhone X battery is 2716mah. I charge once in a day sometimes once in 2 days. It's not about the battery capacity but how the phone is optimized
How well do you use it? Are you a heavy phone user?

That 2716mAh can't last me 5hrs self.

2 Likes

Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by TechCapon(m): 8:27am On Aug 27, 2018
Springdale:

I thought Samsung owns OLED screens, which Apple uses.

No come write your own story o grin
lol. LG owns the oled and has complete monopoly over it especially in the TV segment. That's why Samsung developed the QLED to rival it but didn't succeed
Re: Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. by bigfat05: 8:46am On Aug 27, 2018
super

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones / Konga.com Is Giving Free Credit.. Tested And Confirmed / Glo Has not Acquired 9mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.