Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" (4415 Views)

Historic Footage Of Hausa Slave Traders Selling Slaves To Arabs / Buhari Is Not Fulani But Used As Hausa Slave / See Nigerian Slave Girl Who Was Also Queen Victoria’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by AbuMaryam1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2018
OP...... Keep your job clean they thought you don't know it before you type the trash. Keep on it will soon be over for your type.
Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by annnikky(f): 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
Paretomaster1:

After displaying ur ignorance.....
Guy do me a favour, go n play with ur mate ok cos this is last tym i will reply ur mention so pls, biko abeg ejor swerve undecided

1 Like

Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by AbuMaryam1(m): 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dan-baiwa ( it's a compound word) which mean the Talented or Extra-ordinary. While Baiwa stand for female slave. Then, son of slave is writing Dan baiwa. I don't how it translate to the title given.

1 Like

Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by Paretomaster1(m): 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
annnikky:

Guy do me a favour, go n play with ur mate ok cos this is last tym i will reply ur mention so pls, biko abeg ejor swerve undecided

Shamelessly gerraheremehn..... Olodo

Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by MetaPhysical: 6:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hausa will say "baiwan Allah".
Meaning "servant of God"

Dan Baiwan Hausa could mean "the lineage of he who serves Hausa". It can also mean "that from which service to Hausa is possible".

Emirs never give a title for entire Hausaland. In this regard they are like Yorubas. Titles are prerogative of each Emirate only.

Dan Masani is the title for "Gifted".
Dan Masanin Kano means "a lineage of gifted ones of Kano". It is given to those who brought advancement to the society in Kano.

Baiwa, Baiwan are not at all related with talented, gifted.

Hope this helped.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by Butterflyleo: 6:38pm On Aug 27, 2018
jerseyboy:
ORJI UZOR KALU AND HAUSA CHIEFTAINCY TITLE

For those who may not know, I lived in Shimankar Community in Shendam LGA of Plateau State of Nigeria during my teenage years and can speak Hausa language to a high proportion. Recently, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu whom we all know as son of whoredom from a whorish woman of Igbere in Abia although laying claim of one Pa Kalu from Aba as his father bagged so-called Chieftaincy little from Emir of Daura where he made caricature of himself. The title is "DAN BAIWAN HAUSA".

In putting record straight for all to see how the so-called Igbo leaders are bringing disrepute to Igbo people. In Hausa language,

* DAN means Son.

* BAWA means Slave, although it is also informally used as servant. But "Servant" is translated in advanced Hausa language as "Mai Bauta" because "Bauta" means service.

* BAIWA means female Slave or Slave girl.

Letter "i" differentiates between BAWA and BAIWA as male Slave and female Slave.

*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA simply means "Son of Hausa Slave Girl". Or making it less offensive "Son of Hausa Female Servant".

This is the Title that Emir of Daura gave Orji Uzor Kalu recently.

Note: If anybody has different analysis on my translation of the title given to Orji Uzor Kalu by Emir of Daura, then feel free to counter my own in the comments box.

Will anybody be surprised at that?

Orji Uzor Kalu's mother, Elder Mrs Eunice Uzor Kalu has been a Slave girl to Hausa Fulani all her life.

Mazi Onyebuchi Eze Writing for Family Writers Press.

OP the title given to him is DAN BAIWAN HAUWA.

Dan Baiwan Hauwa means gift from a woman with the Arabic root of Hauwa meaning eve.

his title is in honour of him and his mother for birthing such a worthy son.

OP thanks for the wrong interpretation.

I understand and also speak Hausa so I know.

BAIWA is not the same thing as BAIWAN.
Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2018
MetaPhysical:
Hausa will say "baiwan Allah".
Meaning "servant of God"

Dan Baiwan Hausa could mean "the lineage of he who serves Hausa". It can also mean "that from which service to Hausa is possible".

Emirs never give a title for entire Hausaland. In this regard they are like Yorubas. Titles are prerogative of each Emirate only.

Dan Masani is the title for "Gifted".
Dan Masanin Kano means "a lineage of gifted ones of Kano". It is given to those who brought advancement to the society in Kano.

Baiwa, Baiwan are not at all related with talented, gifted.

Hope this helped.
Tremendously
Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by Arda1000(m): 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
The wealthiest Igbo on earth is a Hausa slave.

Heey! Chineke!
The whole tribe is servant of Daura Emirate. cool
the wealthiest igbo man? Are u alright?

1 Like

Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by Birniwa(m): 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
OP, I'm afraid to mention that you got it all wrong, we're the typical Hausa people and only us are qualified to make interpretations like this wink.

First of all, the word BAIWA is a homonym word - this means that it has different meanings but same sound.

1. BAIWA - Female Slave
2. BAIWA - Wisdom or The Gifted One

From the situation in which the word is attributed here, we know that it can't be the first meaning since Orji Uzor Kalu is not a female gender. So from here we can deduce that the best possibly correct meaning is "The Gifted Hausa Son".

ADDENDUM

The addition of the letter "N" after the word "BAIWA" is a possessive form, more like John's Car or Paul's House in English. Again, the possessive form "N" can only be attached to masculine noun, for feminine noun, Hausa Language uses letter "R" instead.

This is how tricky Hausa Language is grin, It is never easy to learn Hausa as a second language.

1 Like

Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by hakanai(m): 8:53am On Aug 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Even the head of dongari, descendants of palace slaves, use turban and cape like the emir.

This ya explanation does not cut it.

Even Hausa people agree that the dictionary is an authentic Hausa to English conversion and cannot be wrong.

A slave is always a gift. Especially when he submits himself to Seriki. Rwmember this is same Emir that converted a 14yrold and started screwing her saying she cannot be released her marriage to him is irreversible. Abi u don forget? And you talk about him as if he has some honor and dignity.

Kalu has enslaved Ibo to Katsina State
If you don't know you don't know...The dogari are a royal guard out fit. Which in itself is unique and I have not seen an Emir appoint a dogari less than the head of the dogari? It never happens except the head of the royal guards (dogari) appointment.Assigning you such a portfolio puts you in-charge of security within the palace and atimes the capital.The slot is often for the trusted and not a small position. Compare it to your equivalent of CSO,FCT minister and ADC etc. which is a title to lead a group tasked with guarding the Royalty and certain level of enforcement.

If it were before such positions carry dignity and good welfare. Also some level of influence as they can make or break you.The slave in that context does not apply. Slave do the normal duty of serving via hard work eg cleaning,stuff like that etc.That said please mention or show me an Emir turbaning a dogari as dogari and I shall apologise to you and accept your position.

Most kingdoms or emirate start with slaves or royalty.Eg. a peasant knighted can become noble.A conqueror can be become lord or king.You may not have started as royalty but could die of royalty. Alot of royalty today may have being the strongest amongst there peers or good leaders that people look up to and over time there children have turn to become royalty.They all started from nothing.Its about the people and a tradition. A Dogari once assigned can be of the royal court like wise. Its a position that uplifts in society and not equivalent to slave status.

If you no sabi something say it. Try also to study your history books especially of Nigeria. Alot of good stuff there and something to be proud about in our different cultures. The intention is good and noble. Nothing sinister in it. Except for folks like you who are hell bent on a divide rather than a bridge.
Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by hakanai(m): 8:55am On Aug 28, 2018
Birniwa:
OP, I'm afraid to mention that you got it all wrong, we're the typical Hausa people and only us are qualified to make interpretations like this wink.

First of all, the word BAIWA is a homonym word - this means that it has different meanings but same sound.

1. BAIWA - Female Slave
2. BAIWA - Wisdom or The Gifted One

From the situation in which the word is attributed here, we know that it can't be the first meaning since Orji Uzor Kalu is not a female gender. So from here we can deduce that the best possibly correct meaning is "The Gifted Hausa Son".

ADDENDUM

The addition of the letter "N" after the word "BAIWA" is a possessive form, more like John's Car or Paul's House in English. Again, the possessive form "N" can only be attached to masculine noun, for feminine noun, Hausa Language uses letter "R" instead.

This is how tricky Hausa Language is grin, It is never easy to learn Hausa as a second language.
Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by revolt(m): 9:28am On Aug 28, 2018
hakanai:

If you don't know you don't know...The dogari are a royal guard out fit. Which in itself is unique and I have not seen an Emir appoint a dogari less than the head of the dogari? It never happens except the head of the royal guards (dogari) appointment.Assigning you such a portfolio puts you in-charge of security within the palace and atimes the capital.The slot is often for the trusted and not a small position. Compare it to your equivalent of CSO,FCT minister and ADC etc. which is a title to lead a group tasked with guarding the Royalty and certain level of enforcement.

If it were before such positions carry dignity and good welfare. Also some level of influence as they can make or break you.The slave in that context does not apply. Slave do the normal duty of serving via hard work eg cleaning,stuff like that etc.That said please mention or show me an Emir turbaning a dogari as dogari and I shall apologise to you and accept your position.

Most kingdoms or emirate start with slaves or royalty.Eg. a peasant knighted can become noble.A conqueror can be become lord or king.You may not have started as royalty but could die of royalty. Alot of royalty today may have being the strongest amongst there peers or good leaders that people look up to and over time there children have turn to become royalty.They all started from nothing.Its about the people and a tradition. A Dogari once assigned can be of the royal court like wise. Its a position that uplifts in society and not equivalent to slave status.

If you no sabi something say it. Try also to study your history books especially of Nigeria. Alot of good stuff there and something to be proud about in our different cultures. The intention is good and noble. Nothing sinister in it. Except for folks like you who are hell bent on a divide rather than a bridge.
but the bottom line is, the position gives him allegiance and responsibility ie servitude to the emirate. This hes a minion.

1 Like

Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by hakanai(m): 10:33am On Aug 28, 2018
revolt:
but the bottom line is, the position gives him allegiance and responsibility ie servitude to the emirate. This hes a minion.

That's your opinion which is wrong. He has a title that makes Daura people also respect and answer to him in there affairs. Which if you look at means they are his people now. Don't always look at it from one side.

As a noble and a title holder it also means he has a say in the affairs of the emirate. As his people they also have to respect him as a leader and a noble.Which is a good thing and more influence to his person. He is accepted as one of there own,not as a captured slave but a noble man of repute. Which some Daura people do not have or will never have until they die despite there being natives of the Emirate.

So his place is not of servitude but a bridge builder,respect and leadership.If you have a good look at it. He has just added his influence and his domain. If tomorrow say a SE or Abian has an issue or needs support of the emirate.Someone like Kalu can build the link more easily.So think straight .
Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by geryque(m): 11:06am On Aug 28, 2018
jerseyboy:

For those who may not know, I lived in Shimankar Community in Shendam LGA of Plateau State of Nigeria during my teenage years and can speak Hausa language to a high proportion. Recently, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu whom we all know as son of whoredom from a whorish woman of Igbere in Abia although laying claim of one Pa Kalu from Aba as his father bagged so-called Chieftaincy little from Emir of Daura where he made caricature of himself. The title is "DAN BAIWAN HAUSA".

In putting record straight for all to see how the so-called Igbo leaders are bringing disrepute to Igbo people. In Hausa language,

* DAN means Son.

* BAWA means Slave, although it is also informally used as servant. But "Servant" is translated in advanced Hausa language as "Mai Bauta" because "Bauta" means service.

Letter "i" differentiates between BAWA and BAIWA as male Slave and female Slave.

*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA simply means "Son of Hausa Slave Girl". Or making it less offensive "Son of Hausa Female Servant".

Note: If anybody has different analysis on my translation of the title given to Orji Uzor Kalu by Emir of Daura, then feel free to counter my own in the comments box.

Orji Uzor Kalu's mother, Elder Mrs Eunice Uzor Kalu has been a Slave girl to Hausa Fulani all her life.

Oga, you got it all wrong. BAIWA in this case means talent. The Title DanBaiwa in Hausa land translates to "the talented son". I'm sure your understanding of Hausa does not beat that of a man who lived and schooled in Maiduguri. The Goemai people of shinmankar are not Hausa and by no means do they speak impeccable Hausa, so you must have picked up very poor Hausa language. Sorry
Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by Paretomaster1(m): 11:07am On Aug 28, 2018
jerseyboy:

* DAN means Son.

Then u have learn nothing of Hausa language..... And who told you the people of Shendem r Hausas?
Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by phase1: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2018
No wonder nobody has ever received that title in history according to the Emir of Daura on NTA.

1 Like

Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by fergie001: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2018
I think it might have several connotations but even at that he will know the meaning.....
Orji Uzor Kalu was brought up in the North and speaks fairly good Hausa,he was a school dropout at UNIMAID,before taking to stockfish trading from the East to North.....then finally he met IBB/Mariam,who involved him in their cartel....the rest is history
He is one of Abia's worst governors ever,both himself and his 'Elder-Mother'.....his time was one Abians don't want to re-live or even give an afterthought.....a corrupt entity and murderer
Apc is not ready to move into the SE....
They seem to want to make people have the belief that they are in tune with anyone pro-North or pro-Islam,à la Rochas

OUK is really bad news to anything civil
Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by alizma: 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
Redhot111:

In this case we choose to recognize the last meaning of BAIWA female slave for Kalu
is is OK like that, besides you never hold any of your leaders in high esteem. as much as you people shout Ojukwu's name, how many Vote did he get from that region when he contested for presidency, how relevant do you hold Ohaneze indi igbo? I am not surprised at your response.
Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by Redhot111(m): 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2018
alizma:

is is OK like that, besides you never hold any of your leaders in high esteem. as much as you people shout Ojukwu's name, how many Vote did he get from that region when he contested for presidency, how relevant do you hold Ohaneze indi igbo? I am not surprised at your response.

Pathetic zombies will always think from their anus. Wat gave you the impression that I'm from the east?
Re: Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" by UncleJudax(m): 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
lewis33:
DONT DISPLAY YOUR STUPIDITY ON THINGS YOU DONT KNOW 1- THE WORD BAIWA MEANING SLAVE GIRL AND BAIWA MEANING TALENT ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS....PLEASE THE FORMER IS WHAT HIS TITTLE IS...GET A LIFE
You mean the latter? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Fail To Deliver His Ward To APC / Katsina Election: Tribunal Dismisses Petition Against Governor Masari / Millions Of Nigerians Will Not Have Access To Their Bank Accounts From January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.