Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,010 members, 7,799,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

It’s Time To STOP Discrimination On The Grounds Of A Person’s Age. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / It’s Time To STOP Discrimination On The Grounds Of A Person’s Age. (409 Views)

Age Discrimination In Government Recruitment / The UAE Is Against Employee Discrimination / With N-power There Is No Discrimination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It’s Time To STOP Discrimination On The Grounds Of A Person’s Age. by kinggenesis(m): 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
By Brigette Hyacinth
Author: The Future of Leadership: Rise of Automation, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence

I HIRED a candidate with 30 yrs experience. You wouldn't believe the opposition I got. The HR Manager said he is "too old" and won’t 'fit into our culture.' She was not impressed.

This guy had been laid off by his previous employer due to restructuring at the age of 53 years. He kept applying for jobs but was rejected for being 'Overqualified' which led to his 'Employment Gap' reaching almost 1 year.

Everyone is looking for that 18 year old with 20 years experience.

This guy brought an abundance of experience and taught me a lot that I never learned from all my years in the industry. You can’t Google Experience! Employers if you want the best talent, you need to be considering the 'OVERQUALIFIED' candidates.

The truth is 'Overqualified' is really the code word for age discrimination. AGEISM in the workplace is very real and sadly quite acceptable. Our society needs to change. All that should matter is if the candidate has the right skills and attitude to do the job.

It’s time to STOP discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age.
Agree?

Cc Davide470, Mynd44, Dominique

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/activity:6438361214652338176
Re: It’s Time To STOP Discrimination On The Grounds Of A Person’s Age. by SexyCrixus25(m): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
That's bad

(1) (Reply)

Facility Coordinator @ Patjeda Group / Wednesday 29th August, 2018. Here Are Your Latest Job Vacancies For Today. / Technical Operations Mgr(it Vacancy) In A Tracking Company- Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.