Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 (8937 Views)

Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B / LAD GLOBAL SERVICES: SHIP FROM USA ONLINE STORES TO NIGERIA $5/LBS / BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by booblacain(m): 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2018
Nbote:

I doubt dat... Onitsha and Nnewi alone accounts for most imports into d South East..

he said Capital import, that is investment money coming in, not goods import.
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by xcrew20: 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ï am impressed with Abia State.
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by TundeBricklayer: 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2018
asha80:
unfortunately i do not have it but we cant dismiss this report as fake until we see it as the ones you posted arent the ones the report is talking about.
Thanks bro, is a pity that many here don't understand the report, I have seen Q2 2018 report, Abia recorded 29% in 2Q report 2018, the boy that was quoting me is very ignorant, Abia recorded zero throughout 2017 and 1Q 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
Nbote:
One would have expected Anambra to b in dat list ahead of Abia... Na wa ooo, how only 3 states account for 99% shows jus how most states are jus making up numbers

Which is why Regions are the best. Most states are useless and weak

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by asha80(m): 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Thanks bro, is a pity that many here don't understand the report, I have seen Q2 2018 report, Abia recorded 29% in 2Q report 2018, the boy that was quoting me is very ignorant, Abia recorded zero throughout 2017 and 1Q 2018
well not evryone who is literate understands these things so it is expected..what i am more interested is what was responsible for that abia capital importation in the Q2 that wasnt there in 2017 and Q1 2018

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by dipoolowoo: 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thanks Africonji for the defence.

The picture @TundeBricklayer posted is for Q1 2018 and not Q2 2018, which we reported. It is very easy for people to term report as "fake" without proper verification. Business Post is a reputable platform trying its best to dish out credible information.

While we admit that no one is above mistake, we do our best to make sure figures are verified before posting.

Even in the NBS report, they made an error of giving same amount to Lagos and Abia, which we detected and corrected when we checked the map, which indicated something different. That is how far we go to crosscheck facts and figures before posting.

Attached is a screenshot of the Q2 2018 we extracted our story from.

Africonji:

Lie! You claiming to know more than the reporter of the news?? So you know more than NBS? Jealousy kill you there. I know that $1-billion is still shocking you but you have not seen anything yet. Mark my words.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by asha80(m): 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
dipoolowoo:
Thanks Africonji for the defence.

The picture @TundeBricklayer posted is for Q1 2018 and not Q2 2018, which we reported. It is very easy for people to term report as "fake" without proper verification. Business Post is a reputable platform trying its best to dish out credible information.

While we admit that no one is above mistake, we do our best to make sure figures are verified before posting.

Even in the NBS report, they made an error of giving same amount to Lagos and Abia, which we detected and corrected when we checked the map, which indicated something different. That is how far we go to crosscheck facts and figures before posting.

Attached is a screenshot of the Q2 2018 we extracted our story from.

in this your pic though anambra was shaded thick blue but nothing was said about capital importation there

2 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by dipoolowoo: 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
You are right and this was because the emphasis was on the three states that contributed 99% to the total amount; Abuja, Lagos and Abia.

Anambra did not make up to what Akwa-Ibom and Ogun States made; $16m and 12.7m respectively, which was included in the story. The state only managed $5m.

But like stated earlier, the main story is the 99% contributed by the three states.
asha80:
in this your pic though anambra was shaded thick blue but nothing was said about capital importation there

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Nbote(m): 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
Peacelikeariver:
Capital importation and goods importation are two different things. This report is talking about the capital importation ( foreign investment) while Onitsha is more of goods importation.

Ok ...Thanks for d info
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by flimsy2(m): 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
speaktome:
Just give us constant light and good road... We will restrcture Nigeria!!!

Proudly Nwa Aba...

Onye Ngwa for that matter...

#MySignatureMyBusiness
see my brother....

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by asha80(m): 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2018
dipoolowoo:
You are right and this was because the emphasis was on the three states that contributed 99% to the total amount; Abuja, Lagos and Abia.

Anambra did not make up to what Akwa-Ibom and Ogun States made; $16m and 12.7m respectively, which was included in the story. The state only managed $5m.

But like stated earlier, the main story is the 99% contributed by the three states.
alright bro

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Marbleaik: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yoshy:

Shut up man, you guys should stop these shameless statements. I'm Igbo but this beating of chest for nothing really should stop. Without Igbos, Lagos would still do great if not better.
\

YOUR NOT ONLY IGBO BUT ALSO THE FALLING DEMON DIRTY ASS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Jokerman(m): 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
Where is Oyo my state.... buh we have Ventura mall and ShopRite...
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2018
speaktome:
Just give us constant light and good road... We will restrcture Nigeria!!!

Proudly Nwa Aba...

Onye Ngwa for that matter...

#MySignatureMyBusiness

Brother from the other side.

Proud of Abia.

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
God bless Abia state, God bless Rivers state. Together we will make Eastern Nigeria GREAT.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Shukazu: 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yoshy:

Shut up man, you guys should stop these shameless statements. I'm Igbo but this beating of chest for nothing really should stop. Without Igbos, Lagos would still do great if not better.

I don't know why they just manage to turn every post to tribal war.

Information by such agency should help in planning and developmental purpose in a saner clime
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Xander85: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
asha80:
well not evryone who is literate understands these things so it is expected..what i am more interested is what was responsible for that abia capital importation in the Q2 that wasnt there in 2017 and Q1 2018

There was this talk of a billion dollar Chinese investment in Abia some tome back. Maybe that accounts for this huge investment inflow..either that or the billions for the Economic City have come in a bit early!
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by gentlezypher: 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
Africonji:

Shut up there chino. You are just jealous. Anumanu. Abia got $1-billion dollars!! Has your state received 1/50th of that amount before? Why else do you think Abians are saying no vacancy in till 2023? OVI does not make noise but is developing Abia at a crazy pace, more than any other governor in igboland without making noise. Have you seen the Enyimba stadium? Go round Abia and you will be shocked!!! I am not talking about propaganda. With the $1-billion importation Abia will become an African economic power in the next two to three years. Mark my words.
stop over hyping this OVI, i live in abia too

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Africonji: 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
gentlezypher:
stop over hyping this OVI, i live in abia too

Enemy of progress. Now that OVi as attracted cool money into the state you pipo don't want to give him credit. If the state was still bad you pipo would have abused him. OVI till 2023. If you don't like it go and hug wet transformer. Bad belle pipo.
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by gentlezypher: 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
Africonji:

Enemy of progress. Now that OVi as attracted cool money into the state you pipo don't want to give him credit. If the state was still bad you pipo would have abused him. OVI till 2023. If you don't like it go and hug wet transformer. Bad belle pipo.
lol, oga i support OVI more than you do, dede m la obu inula nwe nkara gboo? But i wont over hype him because we know whats up
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by keryj(f): 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
Abia the Gods own state. Even when they reject, insult, abuse and do everything possible to hinder their progress, they make means at all cost.

You refuse to give them enough higher institutions, just to slow their pace. They prove to you that education is not everything.

You refuse to recognise their hardwork, they robe success in your face.

You sent Python to dance on them, they ignore you and move on yet you branded them names

What more can you do to stop the good work on where the presence of God resides.

#stopthehate #embracegood #encouragethem
#Abia # Elephant #strength # forward ever #peace

3 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Africonji: 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
gentlezypher:
lol, oga i support OVI more than you do, dede m la obu inula nwe nkara gboo? But i wont over hype him because we know whats up

But we must support our own. OVI is trying and working. It is not easy clearing all the rottenness and dilapidation from over the years. He is working.

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by gentlezypher: 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
Africonji:

But we must support our own. OVI is trying and working. It is not easy clearing all the rottenness and dilapidation from over the years. He is working.
let him disassociate himself from that ibeku man and see perform wonders
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by selemempe: 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
ElChidi:
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria thus had federal input.
Abuja is the capital of Nigeria thus has federal input.
Abia is self-made with zero federal input thus is the only one on the list worthy of praise.

Igbo Amaka!!!
guy edit ur post and add ''even tho abia was leveled by war''

Compare igbo recovery with north east recovery from war

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by JacksonOyibo: 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
smiley
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by speaktome(m): 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
IkwereBuIgbo:

Brother from the other side.

Proud of Abia.

Ina akota kwa sign?

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
speaktome:

Ina akota kwa sign?

Ole way gi!

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by speaktome(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
SatanIsLord:

WHY ARE YOU DISPLAYING MADE IN INDIA PRODUCTS?

From my signature, you can see sales and supply...

Am an Indian company Rep also
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by speaktome(m): 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
IkwereBuIgbo:

Ole way gi!

Nwanne Udo pasa

Ina esoritukwa?
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
speaktome:

Nwanne Udo pasa

Ina esoritukwa?

Udo ndi nwannem.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NMDPRA Denies Approving Import Licence For Dangote / Bpp Online Registration And Renewal Of Expired IRR Certificate For Contractors / Two Filling Stations, Three Gas Plants Sanctioned By DPR In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.