Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police (26697 Views)

Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Borno For Planning Gay Wedding In Borno (Pix) / 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos Granted Bail / 6 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Aba At City Gobal Hotel (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by metronaija4: 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
The Lagos State Police Command on Monday said it had arrested 57 persons suspected to be involved in homosexual activities in the Egbeda area of the state.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Edgal Imohimi, confirmed the arrest to newsmen during a news conference.

He said that the suspects were picked up on Sunday at 2 a.m. while they were performing gay-initiation for newly recruited members, according to the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN.

“Intelligence gathered revealed that some youths will be initiated into a Gay/Homosexual Club between 1 a.m and 2 a.m., at Kelly Ann Hotel/ Event Centre, located at No. 3-7, Adenrele St., Egbeda, an action contrary to Section 1 (1) of Same Sex Marriage, Act 2014.

“Consequent upon this, some operatives from the Shasha and Idimu Police Stations stormed the venue and met no less than 80 young men.

“They were taking different types of drinks including banned substances like Tramadol, Shisha laced with substances suspected to be Marijuana.

“As soon as they sighted the police, they ran into different directions but the team arrested 57 of them,” he said.

The CP said that investigation into the case was ongoing and the suspects would be charged to court soon.

However, some of the suspects who spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on the sidelines of the press conference, denied the allegations.

They said that they were at the hotel to attend a wedding and a birthday party.

One of the suspects, James Obialu, said that he was a dancer and had come to the party to perform before he was arrested.

“I am not a gay, I am a dancer and I was there to perform before I was arrested. I am a responsible citizen and I work at the Alimosho General Hospital as a counsellor for those living with HIV,” he said.

Another suspect, Samuel Olarotimi, 22, and also a graduate of Mass Communication from the Yaba College of Technology, said that there were other females in the hotel who were not arrested.

“I was there for a birthday party which started late. About eight ladies were at the bar with us while some other ladies were dressing up in their rooms.

“I don’t know why the police refused to arrest the other females but brought us here as alleged homosexuals, “ he said.

One of them, Bob China, said that he accompanied his friend, a caterer, to deliver food at the party but was arrested while waiting outside the hotel.

http://www.metronaija.ng/lagos-police-arrests-57-suspected-homosexuals/

3 Likes

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Ekez(m): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
Where's bobrisky?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Ekez(m): 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
Where's bobrisky? He's a celebrity .

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by SarkinYarki: 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
Na waooo

2 Likes

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by sweetyme001(f): 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
Alright!! Donald Duke won't like this!!!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Jay5mie: 5:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
grin
Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Buharimustgo: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
The only thing Nigeria Police know how to do.
Always oppressing the Weak among Nigerians.
How are we sure they are homosexuals?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
We are so sure 90% of those guys are not gays,
but trust Nigeria police now,
when they bring out their lies and allegation concerning you,
you will even be thinking about it twice like, wait o,
' am i a gay or not '?! grin cheesy.
Na today?! wink

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Mmlanrehh(m): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
Where is Bob

1 Like

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by themonk(m): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
sweetyme001:
Alright!! Donald Duke won't like this!!!
What do you mean grin

3 Likes

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by kollinz1234(m): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
The police must have acted on existing information. Certainly there would be gays amongst them but obviously not all, that is why the court will be necessary.

ITZ KOLLINZ1234

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by hurify147(f): 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
forgive dem. nah their body.
Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Anstone: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
What if they are wrong? I've stop taking the Nigeria police less serious ever since I got remanded for a crime I knew nothing about... The useless DPO had us charge to court 'cause he got pussy from our demonic complainant

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by SarakiBukola: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
Pillowbiters and Asssfuckers Crew angry angry angry

The female figure is one of the best creations of the Lord why da Bleep would one wanna....yuck angry

Anyways, jail is probably Heaven for a fagg0t
Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by bluefilm: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
What of lesbians? undecided

1 Like

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Godswillu(m): 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
How come I have the feeling that the Nigerian police is not telling the truth.

4 Likes

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by ednut1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
Who else doesnt believe this

7 Likes

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Sleyanya1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dammmmn...
Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by spirul77: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=metronaija4 post=70658896]The Lagos State Police Command on Monday said it had arrested 57 persons suspected to be involved in homosexual activities in the Egbeda area of the state.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Edgal Imohimi, confirmed the arrest to newsmen during a news conference.

He said that the suspects were picked up on Sunday at 2 a.m. while they were performing gay-initiation for newly recruited members, according to the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN.

“Intelligence gathered revealed that some youths will be initiated into a Gay/Homosexual Club between 1 a.m and 2 a.m., at Kelly Ann Hotel/ Event Centre, located at No. 3-7, Adenrele St., Egbeda, an action contrary to Section 1 (1) of Same Sex Marriage, Act 2014.

“Consequent upon this, some operatives from the Shasha and Idimu Police Stations stormed the venue and met no less than 80 young men.

“They were taking different types of drinks including banned substances like Tramadol, Shisha laced with substances suspected to be Marijuana.

“As soon as they sighted the police, they ran into different directions but the team arrested 57 of them,” he said.

The CP said that investigation into the case was ongoing and the suspects would be charged to court soon.

However, some of the suspects who spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on the sidelines of the press conference, denied the allegations.

They said that they were at the hotel to attend a wedding and a birthday party.

One of the suspects, James Obialu, said that he was a dancer and had come to the party to perform before he was arrested.

“I am not a gay, I am a dancer and I was there to perform before I was arrested. I am a responsible citizen and I work at the Alimosho General Hospital as a counsellor for those living with HIV,” he said.

Another suspect, Samuel Olarotimi, 22, and also a graduate of Mass Communication from the Yaba College of Technology, said that there were other females in the hotel who were not arrested.

“I was there for a birthday party which started late. About eight ladies were at the bar with us while some other ladies were dressing up in their rooms.

“I don’t know why the police refused to arrest the other females but brought us here as alleged homosexuals, “ he said.

One of them, Bob China, said that he accompanied his friend, a caterer, to deliver food at the party but was arrested while waiting outside the hotel.

http://www.metronaija.ng/lagos-police-arrests-57-suspected-homosexuals/

[most of them are sure innocent,wait o,why is no one talking about m.I. abaga's young denzl,its lit]
Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by OttHin: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
L for Lifeless
If you know you know

1 Like

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by engrkaz(m): 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Heard Ibb and Mike adenuga were biz partners..
Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by obafemee80(m): 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
sad
Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Why arrest homosexuals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by AmazingELixir: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
The Nigerian society and specifically the Nigerian police should please leave this guys alone, people's personal sexual orientation is hardly anywhere close to the myriad of security challenges we are faced in this country.we need to put our priorities straight in this country if we are to make any headway.
By the way I'm straight before troll exponents latch on my mention cool

12 Likes

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Uchemus(m): 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
hope they arrested bobrisky and denrele?

1 Like

Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Anstone: 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
Anstone:
What if they are wrong? I've stop taking the Nigeria police less serious ever since I got remanded for a crime I know nothing about... The useless DPO had us charge to court 'cause he got pussy from our demonic complainant
Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by bcube01(m): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
Buharimustgo:
The only thing Nigeria Police know how to do.
Always oppressing the Weak among Nigerians.
How are we sure they are homosexuals?

Bros na wa for u o. Did u read the post properly? There is a part that talked about intelligence (whether true or false). Also a part that talked about illegal substances. Kindly re-read again. And repost (if u have to). Police must do their duties.
Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos By Police by Hakeem12(m): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
typing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Blame Us Fighting For A Better Life For You People - Paul Okoye To DSP Edafe / Three Tricyclists Arrested For Stealing 300 Bags Of Cement In Ogun (Photos) / Accused Person Collapses In Osogbo Court After Hearing Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.