Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice (14758 Views)

Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) / Reno Omokri - “Leah Sharibu: The Girl Boko Haram Left Behind" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by ijustdey: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
Her voice and Picture has rekindled our hope – Parents

The Parents of Leah Sharibu, the only girl still held captive by Boko Haram insurgents amongst other school girls abducted at Government Girls Science and Technical College Dapchi have confirmed the voice from an audio message from an Online publication, The Cable as that of Leah, their daughter.

The Nation reports that Leah Sheribu’s audio message was published by The Cable online news platform with her recent picture wearing a brown hijab dress.

In the message, Leah made an appeal for her release from Boko Haram captivity.

The audio is translated thus:
I am Leah Sharibu, the girl that was abducted in GGSS Dapchi. I am calling on the government and people of goodwill to intervene to get me out of my current situation.

“I also plead to the members of the public to help my mother, my father, my younger brother and relatives.

Kindly help me out of my predicament. I am begging you to treat me with compassion, I am calling on the government, particularly, the president to pity me and get me out of this serious situation. Thank you.”

Our reporter called Leah’s parents to confirm the veracity of the voice and both were in agreement that it is their daughter, Leah’s voice.

Both Mr. Nathan Sheribu and his wife Rebecca told our correspondent on phone that their hope has been re-iginited by the recent development having heard their daughters voice and seeing her recent picture.

“I can confirm to you that the voice that spoke is that of my daughter Leah. It is her voice no doubt. I am happy that I can hear my daughter speak. This has giving me hope that she is alive. I am also happy to see her recent picture displayed.

“My request is the same with my daughter. The government should play their part now by intensifying efforts to secure her freedom” Nathan said.

For the mother, her hope never died, though it has now doubled. She will however become happier the day her daughter is free.

Like her husband, Mrs Sheribu also called on President Muhammadu Buhari to without delay swing into action to free her daughter.

She also called on her daughter’s captors to unconditionally release her daughter to her so as to save her from the trauma she is going through.

The Nation reports that Leah along with her school mates were abducted in February from their school. Her mates were however released after one month but Leah was held back by the insurgents for the reason that she refused to renounce Christianity, her faith.

In the last seven months, there have been doubts as to whether she was still alive as well as whether she was still holding on to her Christian faith.

More than a month ago, the Excutive Director of Complete Care Foundation, Barr. Aisha Wakil popular known as Mama Boko Haram told reporters in Maiduguri that Leah was still alive hold on to her Christian faith.

“I am really worried about Leah Sharibu and her freedom from Boko Haram is very important to me. Leah did not renounced her faith in Christianity, that I can assure you and we shall do everything with both the government and the international organisation to ensure she regain her freedom just like her colleagues that were reunited with her families,” Mama Boko Haram said.

Today’s development has gone to vindicate her statement of the proof of life of the innocent girl still held by the insurgents in the last seven months.

http://thenationonlineng.net/leah-sharibu-parents-confirm-voice/

1 Like

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by jonathanOz: 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2018
The government's obvious silence on Leah's predicament is sickening. Won't be surprised if Buhari delays her release until few weeks to election

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by babyphaze07(m): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2018
I don't think Leah deserve to stay as long as she had stayed. Whatever the govt did to release the rest should be done to free Leah from her captor. PMB had paid ransome before, Leah's should not be different. #FreeLeah

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Aspiregreat: 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
Where are we heading as a nation? it only took 17 days for Thailand navy seals to rescue 12 Thai boys trapped in a cave.it has been months since she was taken but the government have done nothing to bring her back .My prayers are with you little angel, We expect your safe return.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by money121(m): 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ok
Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Lagosbynature: 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
Since all these days dem never release her? shocked

1 Like

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
Thank God.
We cannot wait for the GOOD NEWS of this great girl getting United with her family once again.

So shall it be in Jesus NAME.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by blackpanda: 11:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
jonathanOz:
The government's obvious silence on Leah's predicament is sickening. Won't be surprised if Buhari delays her release until few weeks to election

Oh shut up
Must u wail with every single thing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Chizmickey(m): 11:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
Trust me, when God start displaying his hand in this issue, Every religion will tremble

9 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by oloyedayo(m): 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
Your faith shall set you free.

2 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Caseless: 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
I pity her.

All she needed to do was to renounce her religion, get released and when she's back home, she can return to her religion.
She could have easily beaten those bastards and escape them by doing as they said so she could come out with her colleagues. Now, boko haram wan use her ransom buy weapons to fight us.

The girl de dere de form something wey I nor know.

4 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
blackpanda:

Oh shut up
Must u wail with every single thing
That is what makes them happy.
Wailing.
There is nothing we can do about it bro.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by 93Miles: 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
Leah hold ur peace. This administration is working hard to make sure u reunite back with ur family in good condition.

We love love.
PMB loves u
God loves u.

Sai baba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Gariki: 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
tongue
Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
sad

1 Like

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by klashe(m): 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
May the lord fight for you dear Leah. This government isn't good enough. Stop calling on them.

3 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Sharpshooota: 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
Buhari is a terrorist

Only fellow terrorists supports him

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by edo3(m): 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
Pls anyone with her picture in hijab should upload it and let's compare if she is truly the one..
Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
We know who the abductors are...Buhari said it's opposition but will opposition do something so Buhari can receive credit at the end??

5 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by 93Miles: 11:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
oloyedayo:
Your faith president @PMB shall set you free.
Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
jonathanOz:
Your President's boys would return her the way they took her without any confrontation with Army...I mean they'll just drop her Miraculously without passing through Army check points

1 Like

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by ednut1(m): 11:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
Caseless:
I pity her.

All she needed to do was to renounce her religion, get released and when she's back home, she can return to her religion.
She could have easily beaten those bastards and escape them by doing as they said so she could come out with her colleagues. Now, boko haram wan use her ransom buy weapons to fight us.

did she tell u thats the case Or the script writers fed u that line. She is only being held cos of more ransom abeg. Person wey no gree renounce go gree wear hijab or record dat audio Be guided this pple dey use our head

2 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
Caseless:
I pity her.

You be mumu o

2 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Foodforthought: 11:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
Nothing can harm those who put their trust in God. It may take a while but victory will surely come. This is a story that will announce leah and shape her destiny.
I salute ur faith, child.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Aspiregreat: 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
Caseless:
I pity her.

resident Zombie.

3 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Ochiboy11: 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
God will vindicate us all
Viral Video of Pastor dressed in army attires shooting his enemies with Toy Machine Gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MHmGilK3ts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by TEYA: 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
Aspiregreat:
Where are we heading as a nation? it only took 17 days for Thailand navy seals to rescue 12 Thai boys trapped in a cave.it has been months since she was taken but the government have done nothing to bring her back .My prayers are with you little angel, We expect your safe return.
Did the cave hold the boys ransom? Irrelevant analogy!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by gurunlocker: 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
Trust me, this lady will be released before the election period.

Have someone ever thought what would have happened if they kidnapped a lot of Christian and muslim students but left just one Muslim lady in the hand of terrorists?

3 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Beface(m): 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2018
jonathanOz:
I'm compelled to think in line with you because from all indication it's scripted but funny enough we are not lifeless beings.

2 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by Aspiregreat: 11:23pm On Aug 27, 2018
TEYA:

Did the cave hold the boys ransom? Irrelevant analogy!

They were lost,tired, helpless and vulnerable, it can only take a life full & working govt to rescue them. What do you think would have happened to those boys if they have found themselves in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Leah Sharibu: Parents Confirm Voice by adisabarber(m): 11:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
If FG really paid for the girls to be released, why is Leah still being held?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Inaugurates The Board Of The North East Development Commission NEDC / Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde / Senate Turns Down Budget Proposal For Information Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.