Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Your Portion In Rebuilding Nigeria From Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Portion In Rebuilding Nigeria From Home (271 Views)

Nigerian Wife Kicks UK Husband Out From Home / Man Sent Away From Home For Demanding Too Much Sex / 6 Ways Of Rebuilding Trust In Your Marriage After It's Been Broken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Portion In Rebuilding Nigeria From Home by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 28, 2018
This is the third time my fiancee would bring up such issue, and it's about the enmity between Ogun and Ekiti. This time around, she finally said 'goodbye' to me.
It's no more a rumour that Ogun and Ekiti people hardly marry themselves. Well, I don't know if there's an ancient story or event that brought enmity into practice till today. One thing I know is that Ekiti people around me really do show the hatred towards Ogun people especially when it comes to marriage issues. My mother told me that what matters is; the families the two couple-to-be are coming from, the genuineness of the love between the two and most importantly seeking the face of God over the matrimony.
My fiancee made it known that the best ringtone her family plays frequently is 'Never get married to Ogun people' which I confirmed from her sibling too. Her mother sometimes makes the issue a topic during their quiet time. It's a pity that we, Nigerians, have taken state/tribal war to higher level. We hardly teach what is right. How can a nation be exalted and peaceful when every citizen does not teach or learn to love another as oneself? Yet, we appear as the most spiritual and holy on earth.
My lady said she could only marry me by turning her back on her family or getting disowned, which she wouldn't want to do, as her mother had sacrificed a lot for her existence - she means so much to her life. Even if I advise her, take her by hands and fight our way out, won't she look back as Lot's wife did?
Meanwhile, the first husband of the mother in question (who fathered her first two children) originated from her town, yet they had to divorce when they could no longer tolerate themselves. I just kept mute on this so that it won't look as if I am mocking her family.
Some of the mistakes we do is believing we could build a Happy Home by putting two or more experiences or stories together. We forget that if God does not build the house, the labourers are working in vain. The Perfect Home that we admire and hope isn't built a day. It requires perseverance and prayerfulness.
In conclusion, I do not write this to seek for advice on gaining the heart of my lady back. I'm only after restoring the lost Brotherly Love. The fact we must accept is that the nation is greater than one's ambition/family. So let us be righteous before God and Man. Learn/teach to love others as you love yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Cervical Osteoarthritis - Physical Therapy Treatment For It!! / Factors That Leads To Prostitution Https://www.marylouiseonline.com / Altcoin Fantasy (best Trading Platform)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.