Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Married To A Fink - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Married To A Fink (51585 Views)

Married To An Atheist***Jessica Duru / A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) / Story Titled: Married To The Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married To A Fink by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2018
Dilemma for Ameerah

I'm very sure this story will move her
Re: Married To A Fink by excelmerry: 9:28am On Sep 23, 2018
Criis:
Dilemma for Ameerah

I'm very sure this story will move her
Exactly. Imagine what the guy and his family has been through, and u'll have the heart to try to kill him again just for a stupid reason. If she continues with her plan, it shows she's the devil herself and deserves every bit of karma coming her way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married To A Fink by gennysq(f): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2018
Damnnnnnnnn...... Dat was a real show down.... Finishing cheesy ..... Maryam is too much..... Sokodobo u r awesome wink
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 10:41am On Sep 23, 2018

Extremely lassitude from famishment, hours of trekking, and psychological trauma, Ameena felt like crashing on the ground. She dragged her legs with an effort, putting extra effort to keep her eyes open.
The last time she ate was last afternoon before she escaped from that horrible house. She had been wandering about aimlessly, paranoid and scared of telling anyone about her plight. What if she was reported to the police and her aunty was looking for?
When it was night and she found nowhere to sleep, scared of molestation, she found a murky corner and sat down, in the cold, close to a masjid (Mosque), and cried.

At dawn, she hit the road. It just dawned on her that she had no one to turn to, or anywhere to go and she felt dejected, rejected and lonely in this world. Why would people not feel the travails of an orphan?
Why?
Now she sat down watching out. She read the sign post and was sure it was here. She prayed she was lucky. She did not know if she could take this anymore. She wiped off her tears.

Then she saw him. Alhamdulillah (Thank God)! He was walking towards her. He looked like he was in a good mood. Then her heart paused for a second. He was with a girl. The girl was pretty, slim and very attractive.
He held a folder while she carried a bag.
Ameena hesitated. Should she talk to him or just turn back? Turn to go where? She was scared she might crash in the next thirty minutes.

She summed up courage, hoped the girl who looked like his girlfriend would not misconceive her and mud-sling her.
She stood up with an effort and moved forward. He had seen her, he glanced at her then back at his girl who paused to redress her bag.

“ Good afternoon, uncle.” Ameena said quickly.

“ Afternoon my dear.” He replied and passed by her.

What just happened? He behaved as if he had never seen her! He denied her, ignored her! Oh God! She thought he cared. She almost believed him. So this was it!
Ameena had never felt more dejected and disillusioned. He was her last resort and he just proved to be like the rest. Maybe worse because of the pretense.

“ Come on, Teetee, let’s go. I am hungry.” He told his girlfriend.

Uncle Amaar! She was beginning to trust him, thinking he was different. Not in her wildest imagination did she ever felt he would treat her like this. She had taken pain staking steps to look for him. She remembered telling her he was a mechanical engineering student in UJ.
She has been here since morning, searching for him only to be denied. What a world! Should she go back to that house? At least she ate food and had a place to sleep. No! Anything was better than place.

Then she saw him walk out of a class hurriedly and she became confused. Was she hallucinating? Was hunger and exhaustion subjecting her to been under illusion?
She was sure Uncle Amaar just passed-by with his girlfriend, she even greeted him, and she could still sight them far away. How come she was imagining him here? No! Her condition was worsening. She was going insane. Ya Allah! Save my sanity.

Amaar and Ameer rarely wore the same kind of clothes though they used to do that a lot when they were kids. But today, they wore the same kind of clothes and that added more to her befuddlement.
The image was making a call, “ Haba Ameer! I was in the class. Couldn’t you wait?”
Ameer?
She saw the other ‘Amaar’ receiving a call. They were talking to each other. Ameer, Amaar, twins! Damn! He never told her he was a twin.

“ You can’t come back? …..Okay, we would meet at home. ”Amaar concluded.

Ameena got up again, walked towards him but he turned and saw her before she got to him.
Yes! This was Uncle Amaar. His sapphire eyes widened, his hands akimbo and surprise splashed on his handsome face.

“ Meena!” He said.

“ Uncle Amaar.”

He saw how crestfallen, and lassitude she looked. Her legs were dusty, her eyes sagged, and her face lost some of it’s colour. What the hell had she gone through?
No! He could not return this girl to them. Let her do her worse, even the worst. Seeing her, he assured himself again that he was not ready to part with her again. He did not know what exactly he felt for her, hardly admitting it was love, telling himself it was just compassion, kindness and gregariousness.
Whatever it was, he was attracted to her and she had an effect on him. He was ready to scarify his life for her. Damn forty-eight hours! Let the heaven fall.
He could see she was about to cry. She had been crying, Her eyes were messed up. She was all messed-up and he felt broken.

“ Don’t talk.” He said. “ Come here.”

He did not know when he held her hand and took her to sit on a concrete pew. Then it dawned on him that Jib or someone could see them.

“We need to get out of here first.”

As they walked out of the school premises, he fought the urge to carry her on his back. She was weak and at the verge of crashing. He knew without been told that she had been through a lot. He got a cab and took her to a restaurant.
She was glad he asked her not to talk. She did not have enough energy to do that, and she could not talk without crying. When she saw them go into a restaurant, she began salivating and her intestines cobble-wobbled.

“ What do you want to eat?”

“ Anything.” She replied.

Amaar turned at the waiter.

“ Two plates of white rice, egg, plantain and chicken.”

“Okay sir.”

“ And two bottles of malt drink.”

Ameena was shivering. The ten minutes wait was like a year to her. When the delicious food was brought, she pounced on it. They ate in silence, and she rarely raised her face. It was only when she went half way she relaxed and began to eat at a slower pace.

After the meal, and gulping chilled malt down her throat, she felt satiated and her vision sharpened. Alhamdulillah.

They left the restaurant and took a cab. Amaar was very careful, alert to make sure they were not been trailed. He had to keep this girl safe. And he could trust no one to help do this. He had no option than to take her to a hidden lodge.
When he was collecting the key to Room 15, the attender winked at him.

“Bros, I envy you o. Young and fresh. Chai!”

Amaar felt his bile rising. What did he think of him? Bringing a fifteen year old to a hotel to fornicate? But on a second thought, who wouldn’t think of that?

Amaar smiled.

“Thank you.” He said. Maybe it was better he gave such an impression to avoid suspicions.

The room was neat and fairly furnished with a very clean toilet.

“ You need a bath.” Amaar said. “ Give me a few minutes. Let me check if the heater is functioning.”

It was functioning.

“ Just give me a few minutes.”

He went out, rushed to Bauchi Road and withdrew two hundred thousand naira. The way things went, he needed cash at all times. And that was all he had in his account before the next rental fees is received. Emergency may arise. He took a bike to Main Market and got her a few clothes. He bought three Abayas, long skirts, tops and three veils and two niqabs.
He also bought two pairs of shoes, and under wears. He had looked a lady and asked, “please don’t feel offended. I want to buy pants and bra for someone of your size. May I know your size please.”

And she gladly told him. He also bought some snacks, drinks, Nokia phone and SIM card. on his way back. He met her lying on the bed. Hmmm….

“ I got you a few things. I think you can have a bath.” When she saw the things he bought for her, and the fact that someone cared for her, she began to cry. It has been long since someone showed her true love.

“ Come on, Meena. Just go and freshen up. I will give you some space. Let me keep myself busy outside by fixing your new phone. It needs to be charged.”

After taking her bath, she felt freshened up and back to life. She dressed up then asked him to come in. He plugged her phone for charging then sat on the chair which was placed before a reading table. He could see she was tired. She lay on the bed and within a few minutes she fell into a deep sleep. He would wait for her. He wanted to know more about her. What happened? She needed rest.

He called Ameer and told him he would not be coming back home. He would sleep in his friend’s house. After they had dinner, she told him a bit about herself.

Her name was Ameena Kamal. She was the first child of her parents and had two younger sisters. Sa’adat was ten years old while Aisha was five. Her mother used to give birth after five years and it was not as a result of family planning. They were natives of Gombe.
Her father was a civil servant and of middle class. He died in a fatal car accident a few months before Aisha was born. He was not that rich but a left a substantial amount to cater for their needs. Two years later, they lost their mother to cancer.

That was the beginning of her troubles. She was brought to Jos, to her father’s elder sister who maltreated her, subjected her to beatings, malnutrition and child-abuse. She treated her children differently. Her younger siblings were left in the village. When she went into details on how she was treated, Amaar could not help but shed tears. Ameena was shocked to see him trying to hide his tears. Was he crying for her? Was there anyone who would cry for her? Who was this guy?

“ Just put your trust in Allah. I pray you would live to get over it. You would be a saving grace and be the one to pull your siblings out that abyss.”

“Ameen.”

She looked at her phone.

“ I have never had a phone. I never even thought of it. I can’t believe this is mine. Thank you, Uncle Amaar.”

"Don’t mention.”

“ You are a nice person. Why are they your friends? I used to wonder a lot and it kept keeping me away from you. I felt everyone there was bad. You were the only one I ever saw performing ablution, or stayed away from alcohol and drugs.
But I kept wondering because my father used to say, ‘show me your friends and I will tell you who you are’, I was judging you from your relationship with them.”

“ Hmm…then why did you come to me after you ran away from them knowing they were my friends?”

“ I don’t know. Something in my mind kept telling me to look for you. I did not know how you would treat me, or react but I just felt…….you were the only person I had.”

Her last sentence nearly made him cry. Come on, man-up.

“ You will never regret your decision. I need you to trust me. I will always be there for you….once I am privileged to be alive, and able, then I will be there for you.”

“Thank you. I believe you.”

“ I never wished to be with them. I am been blackmailed. I think it is safer for you not to know the details. But I will get free insha Allah. If you noticed, I have no friend there, and never mingle with the girls there. I stayed back because of you.’

“Me?”

“Yes. I was about leaving the night you came. When I saw you…knowing they were deceiving you, making you believe you would go and work and school, I decided to hang on and …help you if you would give me the chance.
They intended to take you for prostitution. That is what they do. It is called women trafficking.”

“Subahanallah!”

“ I went back to the house for you and they maltreated me. They want me to get you back…but that will be after I am dead.”

God! So Gogo Uwale wanted to send her for prostitution! She knew they were not good, but she never thought it was this bad. How could she have known he was there for her? She knew he had a kind of interest in her, and she thought it just lust. But when he saved her from Jib, and refused to rape her even when he had the chance, she had a second thought about him. But the fact that he was their friend and hung with them kept disturbing her.
He was there for her, and went back for her, he was here for her and he was going to be there for her.
She now felt comfortable with him. And something inside her sparked a bond between them. She wanted him in her life. It might be platonic, or just that brother thing but she was sure she needed him in her life.

“ I am sorry I made you go through all these.”

“ Never say that again. It is my mission. Order from above.”

She chuckled. What? When was the last time she did that?

“ I never knew you had a twin brother. When I saw him, I thought you were the one….with your …your girlfriend. And when I greeted him, he just replied and left. I thought you ignored me, denied me because she was there or….did not want to see me. The world crumbled before my eyes then.”

“But I was there to mend it at once. That is my YOUNGER brother.”

“You over emphasised the word younger. Now ,I am suspicious. Twins always behave like that. I know the original Hassan and Hussein were not twins but in our context, who is Hassan and who is Hussein. He is the Hassan and I am the Hussein. He is the Taiye and I am the Kehinde, from Yoruba naming. He is the Peter and I am the Paul…”

she laughed.

“ He was born before you.’

“ I sent him to check what the world looked like.”

She laughed.

“ Is that his fiancée or school girlfriend. I heard there is what is called campus couples.”

“ Campus haram dai. Yes, that is Fateema, his heartthrob and he is about to go to Jigawa for formal introduction.”

“She is cute. You guys will get married the same day, right? So, who is your ……”

“ funny enough, I don’t have yet. The only girl I ever dated and it turned out to be a disaster was a girl called Tessy.”

“Disaster?”

“We would not talk about it. Part of the things you are not supposed to know. She was part of them.”

“ Ohhh…Allah kiyaye (God forbid).”

“Ameen.” He looked at her, he had never seen her looked this vivacious. Was he falling…..no. “ We need to talk about you. You said you were in SS2, right?”

She nodded.

“ How about continuing your education?”

“Kai! Who would sponsor me?”

“Allah will use me as a sabab (cause). But you have to leave this town. I have been thinking. I want to take you to Kaduna and enroll you into a school there. But I am thinking of where you would live. It has to be with a responsible family. The problem is what do I tell them?

A place where you will be safe. Then you would give me the address of your younger siblings . We will deduce a plan on how to help them. When I begin to visit them and giving your grandparents gifts, claiming to be a prospective farmer, I would then offer to send them to school, and help them with provisions and basic needs.
Then when the right time comes, you will come out of hiding.

“ Please tell me what you are? I don’t want to wake up and realise that you are a dream.”

“ I am for real, Meena.”

She smiled and lay her head on the pillow.

“ I will sleep on the floor, Uncle. Come and lie on the bed.”

“ I hate beds.”

“ Uncle, I am fifteen.”

“ Okay, there is something I need to do. I don’t need the bed. Just sleep.”

And he needed it really. He went into the restroom and performed ablution. Apart from Shafa’I and witr (voluntary prayers) he performed after Isha (obligatory night prayer), which is also considered as qiyama lail (standing at night for voluntary prayers), the last time he stood up late at night to perform tahajud (voluntary prayer) was during Ramadan.

He spread a polythene bag on the floor as mat and started performing nawafil. He needed it. Spending the night with this chubby, voluptuous girl was tempting and the only remedy was to invite angels of mercy and send iblis (satan) away.
Sallah, here we go.
Amaar kept praying, pausing for tasbih (meditation), Qur’anic recitation while she slept. At a point, he got tired then leaned against the wall and dozed off.

He came out of sleep with a start. Something nudged his brain. No, it was a dream or nightmare. But ….it was not. He heard voices. It was late. He did not put off the light. It was 3: 10 AM . He heard steps too. Ameena was sleeping peacefully. He quickly took his eyes off her.
Maybe it was a someone bringing a girl to the hotel after clubbing. He got up and peeped, then he saw them. Checking a door were two men. He recognised them at once: Jib and Black!

Innalillahi wa’ inna ilaihi raji’un! They found them!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married To A Fink by MhizSuccess(f): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2018
This story is awesome. I just can't love it less. Weldon Sokodobo

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 23, 2018
Divepen1, we need this story on fp ahn ahn

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by tijehi(f): 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2018
Criis:
Divepen1, we need this story on fp ahn ahn

As in, I tire ooo. Sokodobo's story should be on FP back to back.

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2018
Chai! This is the sweetest Muslim story i've ever read. Mr Sokodobo, i'm your new fan.
Re: Married To A Fink by girlhaley(f): 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2018
embarassed embarassed

This is a masterpiece... But please one more tonight pulease
Re: Married To A Fink by Toeyean1507(f): 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
To think I've been ignoring this story for a while now. This is superb, intriguing and deep.
No offense intended, op but your moniker in my dialect means something disgusting and that's d reason I've been ignoring but I know better now.
Well done, boss.
Re: Married To A Fink by opalk(m): 11:53pm On Sep 23, 2018
Mehn this story is the bomb,Amazing
Re: Married To A Fink by Nobody: 3:58am On Sep 24, 2018
Toeyean1507:
To think I've been ignoring this story for a while now. This is superb, intriguing and deep.
No offense intended, op but your moniker in my dialect means something disgusting and that's d reason I've been ignoring but I know better now.
Well done, boss.

Should we tell him? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 8:52am On Sep 24, 2018
Toeyean1507:
Well done, boss.

Thank you for the complement.

My moniker means "Their is God " in my mother tongue.

The world is indeed loaded with interesting diversities.
Re: Married To A Fink by Born2Breed(f): 10:05am On Sep 24, 2018
SokoDobo:

Soko is there?

Dobo is God?
Re: Married To A Fink by Toeyean1507(f): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2018
Criis:

Should we tell him? lipsrsealed
Lol. Don't o so he won't pursue us comor for hin thread.
Re: Married To A Fink by Toeyean1507(f): 11:38am On Sep 24, 2018
SokoDobo:

Really?
It is o, my brother.
It's something so degrading in my dialect.
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 12:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
Born2Breed:

Soko is there?
Dobo is God?

Soko is God
Dobo can be translated as "present".
so Soko-Dobo means "God is Present" or "Their is God "
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
Toeyean1507:
Really? It is o, my brother. It's something so degrading in my dialect.
Sorry about that.
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2018
I am excited to announce that hard copies of Married To A Fink will be available from 4th October 2018.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-05nda9alNd0/W6jie4djPrI/AAAAAAAACKc/iBQR9P3Qbc0L3x8bblp7xxaBAUNjZVJlwCLcBGAs/s1600/proom.jpg[/img]

You can pre-order the book here

Beneath My Heart, The Root Of A cynosure and The Last Insurgent will also be available mid October 2018.

3 Likes

Re: Married To A Fink by charytea(f): 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2018
Are you based in Kaduna
Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 3:42pm On Sep 24, 2018
ELEVEN

It was a mud house with four rooms and two toilets located in the compound situated at Hayin Dan Jaki, a suburb in Kaduna City. The old zinc roof reminded him of Ibadan City. This was their new home, acquired miraculously. God! Ameer could hardly believe this. He remembered their mansion, the sophistication and luxury. Life was nothing and man was nothing.
Everything was gone! Fateema gone! Life gone!

It was his second month back home and he felt no direction in life. He was glad and thanked Allah for sparing his life. The trauma his mum and brother went through was severe and their joy new no bound.
That day in court, as the tough looking judge read the verdict, and exonerated him, and he heard acquitted, there was a lot of emotion in the court. Tears of joy flowed. Not just from his family members alone but from some of the audience.
And lawyers surrounded Maryam, congratulating her. Okorie met Barrister Bilkis Kankia, Fatima’s mother and said, “Madam, see what your little girl did?”

“Don’t mind her.” She replied. And he congratulated her and told Maryam how proud he was of her. A lady who witnessed this could not help tell her husband, “ look at the lawyers that just fought talking and laughing together.”

“ It is nothing personal.” The husband told her, “that is their job. They were not fighting. That is the battle of the job. The job is all about battling. A lawyer who seeks evidence or speak against you does not hate you, that is what he is trained to do and that is how he gets the money to put food on the table.”

People had come around Ameer, hugging him, congratulating him and Hajiya kept thanking Allah amid tears. Ameer saw pressmen gather round Maryam while she talked to them with her mum proudly beside her.
The message was established. Want your parents to be proud of you? Be positive! Faqat. The smile on Barrister Bilkis’ face stated it clearly: she is my daughter.

A beautiful teenager walked up to Maryam, when she got the rare chance, because Maryam was the cynosure and everyone wanted to get to her, trying to have a photo shot with her.
Maryam was intrigued with the cute teenager who walked up to her confidently.

“ Congratulations!” Said the young girl, “ you were impressive. I begged my aunty to always bring me for the trial.”

“Awwnnn, thank you darling. I am elated.” Maryam said with a genuine smile and warmth. “Why are you so interested in the trial?”

“ I want to become a lawyer insha Allah (God's willing). And now, I want to be like you.”

“You will be greater my dear, insha Allah. You are still in secondary school, I guess?”

The teenager nodded.

“ What is your name?”

She smiled, exposing her gap teeth.

“ Miss Julde.”

Ameer kept receiving congratulatory salutations but he never smiled for once. He was still stone cold and the image of Fateemah would not go away. The memories will not go and the pain lingered. He wondered what the future held for him.
Would he ever be happy again?

Maryam turned, she was in midst of people, and their eyes met. She saw the coldness in his eyes and some of her joy drifted out. She knew what was going on in that mind. She knew the story. Ameer wove at her and she felt like crying.
He looked pathetic, trying to show appreciation but his face looked granite hard. She wove back. After that day, two days later, Ameer, Amaar and Hajiya went to show appreciation to her, her parents and the organisation.

Ameer came out of the bathroom, which was a small place plastered with cement and covered with zinc. He rushed in and wore his clothes. It was a few minutes after 6:00AM.
He left home in a hurry then walked briskly to the main road. Most of the houses in the neighbourhood were mud houses with just a few ones built with blocks.

He boarded a bus and alighted at Kawo. The rest of the distance to Rafin guza was covered on foot. He got to the place a few minutes to 8:00 AM.
It was his new place of work.
He saw the foreman standing with a frown. The rest of the workers were standing before him. It was one of his prosaic sermons.

“ Boneface, why are you late?” He said rashly at Ameer.

“ I reside at…..”

“Shut up! everyday stories, look at his face like over-cooked kpomo!” He insulted, “can you see what I was just talking about? These are some of the things I was telling you. I don’t know if it is illiteracy that is worrying you people.

When I was in school, doing my diploma in business studies accounting, I was taught a course about respect for work and time and foremen.
I was the class monitor, in the polytechnic and later a prefect because of my good behaviour. That is what I want to teach you people. Look at you, most of you only stopped at primary school…”

A man quickly rose his finger.

“Yes?”

“ I stopped in JSS three.”

“Ohhhm, please clap for him.”

They all clapped except one person.

“ Boneface, are you mad? I said clap for him. Bakin ciki (malice). Did you pass primary school? I was the one who interviewed you, you stopped at Primary school. This is someone who went up to JSS and you can’t clap for him. Clap for him jooh!”

They all clapped. The man was smiling proudly. He was the most educated there. Ameer did not refuse to clap because he felt vainglorious. He was dazed by the lies this so-called foreman told the workers who were mostly illiterates. What course was business studies accounting, and when did polytechnics start appointing prefects? Maybe he would say he used to write the names of noisemakers.

“ You must come to work early. If they say 8:00am, come 7:30am because you have a lot to learn from me. When I was in school, in polytechnic, there was a house master who was jealous of me, because of my brilliance.
I used to come first every term. His brother was my classmate, and I will beat him in all the subjects so the house master wanted to distract me. He would make me be on duty for hours. But you know what? Our VC…do you know VC?”

“ VCD” The man who got to JSS said quickly.”

“ No!” Foreman said and laughed. “ Like you have principal in secondary school, we in the highest (higher) institution of polytechnic have VC. Vice councillor ( vice chancellor). Say vice councillor everybody.

“Vice councillor” They said in unison….including Ameer.

“ But, sir, I know one man who went to poly, he used to say our tractor (rector) every time he talks about their vice councillor.”

“Hehehehe!” Foreman laughed, “ Oh, daddy, thank you for sending me to highest institution. Illiteracy is a sickness. It is not tractor it is director.”

Chai!

Ameer wished this was been recorded. It will go viral within minutes. This was the new setting Ameer found himself. If the man knew he was a final year chemical engineering student before, he would not have employed him.
It was a job that needed no education so he made sure all the workers were illiterates. It was a block industry where they produced varieties of blocks and Ameer was one of his new labourers.

Their father’s friends abandoned them at the time of need, claiming they did not want to have anything to do with a murderer. Amaar graduated in 2006, was called to serve the next year. He was still doing that which made him live from hand to mouth.

Ameer had no option other than working here for now. At least he could feed himself and his mother. He still had not found a way to pick up his life. Jezebel! She destroyed him!

They usually closed around 4:00PM, then wash their bodies, wore their clean clothes before collecting their daily wage of one thousand naira.
Around 3:15 pm, a posh Toyota Camry was driven into the yard. The lady who alighted made eyes bulge. She was gorgeous and young. The foreman quickly got up, took some swaggering steps towards her.

“Hey do that thing well!” He shouted at a labourer who was diligently doing his work. That was just to show the lady that he was in command.
He produced that smile he felt was sexy.

“ You are welcome to Gamsuwa block industry. I am the chief foreman and General Manager of this place. You are highly welcome.”

“Thank you. I am sorry if I disappoint you. I am not here for business.” She said.

“Wao! Hear accent! Like baturiya(White woman).” He said in his mind.

“ Noh, noh, noh” he said trying to twist his tongue, “you know, life is a very simple, you know, I mean, it’s nothing. When I was in school….” he paused, this type could not be lied to. He changed direction. “ I learnt a lot about life so there is no problem if you have not come for business, you know, you know.”
Idiosyncratic!

“ I learnt Ameer Adam works here.”

“Oh….he is one of my labourers, hehehe, I am his boss, you know.”

“ You have made in life, I can see.”

“Hehehe. You see, you know, it is all about education. You know, most of them did not go to school, so they can only stop as labourers. But I like Ameer. He stopped only in primary school but I can make him a supervisor, you know, because of you.”

“ Thank you. May I see him?”

“ Who are you, please?”

“Tell him his acquaintance"

“ Chori!” He called authoritatively “ Tell Boneface that Mrs Akuntans is looking for him.”

Chai!

“ Come with me.” the foreman said after a second thought. He led her to where Ameer was busy using shovel to mix cement. The foreman did it on purpose. He did not know the relationship between them but he liked her. Wao! If she saw him at that state, she may beg him to make him a supervisor and they could get closer. She could not be his girlfriend. No! how could that be possible?

She saw him and she fought the urge not to cry. She tried and hide her pain, not wanting to make him feel worse.

“ That is him, right? Boneface! Come here! Now!”

“ Why do you call him boneface?”

“You know, he has never smiled. He hardly speaks to anyone, you know. Is he your worker or former houseboy?”

“ He is my boyfriend.”

“Kambalai !”

“What?”

“Emm..nothing. I just thought, you know, you know…..okay.”

Ameer came over and said, “ It’s nice to see you.”

“ I was just introducing myself to your BOSS as your girlfriend and he seems surprised. Did you tell them about me?”

“ I never got the chance to do that ”

She turned at the foreman.

“Please don’t let any girl snatch him from me. Amana.”

The foremen was still dazed.

“ It’s okay. Em….go and round up your work before you go. That cement must be mixed.”

Ameer nodded.

She followed him back to where he was working, pulled off her flat shoes and sat on the ground watching him. All attention was distorted. The foreman would pretend to be watching the workers while peeking at them. How did he get her? Kutuma!

“ You must be very strong.” She said with a smile. This was the fifth time she was visiting him after the case. The case was won, but he was still completely broken. He was like a walking corpse. She wanted him to have his life back and that she would consider as total victory.

“ About the girlfriend thing…” she started.

“I know. He is idiosyncratic. When he was in school right?”

She laughed but he did not. Not even a smile.

“ How did you locate me?”

“ Mama. She is such a darling.”

“ Yeah. You have already taken too much trouble for me, done a lot. I feel you are still doing that and I feel like a burden.”

“ You are not. I have done nothing for you.”

“ Hmm….don’t even start .”

“ Have you thought of what you did for me?”

“Yes. Took you through hell. Long journeys from Kaduna to Ibadan, Jigawa, Kebbi…”

“ And you made me a star. You brought the best in me. You showed me the Way to light. My first case, I am famous. My father’s chamber is now busier. I am getting more cases. Can’t you see that you are a light in my life. Don’t feel like a burden. Stop feeling like it is the end of life for you. Whatever happened is qadr (destiny). Even if Jezebel had not poisoned them, they would have still died that day by other means.
It is painful but we must bring Allah into our minds. You are not a burden but a light…..Fateema was right when she called you her noor (light). You are a noor to many…including this poor girl here. You have a purpose for living. Live it. Now, finish this work and let’s go. There is a place I want to show you and don’t be scared. I told mama about it.”

“Where?”

“ Surprise….but don’t think it is a big deal though. Just an ordinary place.”

“Boneface! Work ! Everybody work! Work!” Foreman said authoritatively. If Boneface, a mere primary school leaver and labourer could date her, then he who was a foreman and wrote WAEC six times……No! sorry, went to Polytechnic could get her.

He was bent on snatching her. He must have her. Boneface? Boneface? How?

“It seems this guy is falling for me. Am I not lucky?”

“ Hmm….. That guy is an act. You need to hear him talk to us.”

“ I have seen a lot already.”

“ I forgot that you are a lawyer. A shit-hot one.”

Ameer had finished mixing the cement and it was time to close. He washed his body, got dressed up.

It was time to pay.

Foreman held a bundle of cash swaggeringly. He had them standing before him while he glanced at Maryam time to time to see if she was watching him. She was. Good!

“ Okay. This is why I employed all of you. To help you, you know. “ He began. “ You know, If you keep working hard, I will increase your wages.”

Lie! He was just an ordinary employee. Well, that was for Maryam.

“ Now, line up and collect your money.”

After he paid them, he smiled at her.

“You know, goodbye.”

He walked to the manager’s car and posed like he was about going home but wanted to see everyone gone first. The laborers understood what he was doing. Melodramatic.

He watched Ameer get into the Camry while Maryam got under the wheel. She drove out without given him a second look.

“ Kambu!” A labourer exclaimed, “ Ashe boneface is a big boy! Check out the babe that came to pick him. See her body! See the car. And hin no dey yan ( and he doesn't make a noise) ”

“Shut up!” Foreman shouted. “ Go home!”

Twenty minutes later, Maryam was pulling the car at a parking lot.

Ameer fell in love with the place at once. It was so serene, and he felt an air of peace he had not felt for a long time. The greens and flowers, the arrangement and beauty of the pews all made him mesmerized.
They walked in to the park, then moved deeper.

“It is a new spot.” She said, looking round. They were sequestered from the rest of the people.

“ Chose a seat.” She said.

“Ladies first. Please do.”

She looked round then pointed at one which became their favourite. This was the first day they went to the new garden together. It was called Teekay garden and that was how Ameer fell in love with that pew. The pew he always sat on. The pew he was sitting on as he told Ameerah about his past. That was the beginning of the story of Ameer and Maryam.

5 Likes

Re: Married To A Fink by SokoDobo: 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2018
charytea:
Are you based in Kaduna

Yes.
Re: Married To A Fink by excelmerry: 4:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
This story na wa!! (thumbs up).
Re: Married To A Fink by olukuewu(m): 7:02pm On Sep 24, 2018
Excellent job,bros keep moving.
Re: Married To A Fink by Sensitivity1254: 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2018
Is the language fulfude (Fulutanci)??

SokoDobo:

Soko is God

Dobo can be translated as "present".

so Soko-Dobo means "God is Present" or "Their is God "
Re: Married To A Fink by MhizSuccess(f): 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2018
Awesome.
Re: Married To A Fink by Wheezdohm(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2018
MhizSuccess:
Awesome.
he deserves some accolades..watcha think ma'am?

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
Wheezdohm:

he deserves some accolades..watcha think ma'am?
Seconded ;-)
Re: Married To A Fink by Wheezdohm(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2018
Pinkberry5:
Seconded ;-)
Alrght then...its just that we're still waiting for more updates sad

1 Like

Re: Married To A Fink by Born2Breed(f): 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2018
SokoDobo, oya come and arxept ya akoorlaid!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married To A Fink by Fijumokesayo(f): 10:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
Born2Breed:
SokoDobo, oya come and arxept ya akoorlaid!!!
s

You're a clown, Lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To A Fink by gennysq(f): 6:55am On Sep 26, 2018
Am in love, am in love with this story cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Secrets And Scandals / Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend / The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.