Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,885 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet (31296 Views)

Female Doctor Dies Inside Elevator Two Weeks To Finish Her Horsemanship Program / Man Reportedly Dies Inside Hotel Swimming Pool In Ondo / Prospective UBTH Consultant Slumps And Dies Inside Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by HeWrites(m): 4:48am On Aug 28, 2018
An applicant seeking Nigerian international passport has died in Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) Passport office, Ikoyi, Lagos.

The applicant was said to have arrived the passport office at about 7.am in company of his wife and they were asked to wait till 9.am when they would be attended to.

It was gathered that at about I0.am, the man became restless and started complaining of severe heat and discomfort. He, however, requested to use the rest room.

However, trouble started when he didn’t come out of the toilet after about half an hour and his his wife became very worried.

It was learned that after about 40 minutes, attendant from the agency knocked several times and he did not respond. ”We tried to open the door, but it was locked from the inside,” the attendant said.

An official who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said: “We don’t know what was wrong with him, he came with his wife, he was so uncomfortable with him self and a bit aggressive, complaining that he should be attended to as he and his wife arrived the passport office before other applicants.

”Later he went into the convenience to ease himself. Later an attendant knocked severally on the door but no response. We couldn’t force the door open, because our superiors warned that we should not break the door until the police arrived the scene.”

It was learned that when the police arrived and forced the door to the toilet opened, an official of the passport office said they found the deceased on the floor.

An eye witness, who identified herself simply as Jenny, said he died before the police arrived and forced the door open.
”Who knows, maybe he would have survived if he was rushed to the hospital immediately before the police arrived,” she said.

Confirming the incident, the Passport Controller in charge of Ikoyi Passport office, (PCO) Mani Yari, said: ” Yes, it is the true, an applicant died in our toilet. He came to our office with his wife. There was no queue, as he did not come to collect Passport. We attend to applicants from 9am. Along the line, the deceased said he wanted to ease himself .

It was after about 40 minutes that the wife started raising the alarm that her husband had not returned from the toilet. We thought it was the normal panic from a woman. But when we arrived the scene and he did not open the door, we called the police who came and forced the door open and we saw the lifeless body. The body has been deposited at the mortuary for autopsy.

https://www.torimill.co/news/9600/applicant-dies-inside-ikoyi-passport-office-toilet.html

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:01am On Aug 28, 2018
It was learned that when the police arrived and forced the door to the toilet opened, an official of the passport office said they found the deceased on the floor.

So sad..
RIP

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Elukapendragon(m): 5:04am On Aug 28, 2018
End time passport office and End time toilet

17 Likes

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by dingbang(m): 5:05am On Aug 28, 2018
”Later he went into the convenience to ease himself. Later an attendant knocked severally on the door but no response. We couldn’t force the door open, because our superiors warned that we should not break the door until the police arrived the scene.”

Clap for the superiors and our Nigeria police.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Baawaa(m): 5:37am On Aug 28, 2018
They should do autopsy to know the cause of his death

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Nukilia: 5:39am On Aug 28, 2018
Heaven rest his soul...

11 Likes

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by ct2: 5:39am On Aug 28, 2018
I will not die prematurely, I fulfill my good purpose on earth in Jesus name.

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:39am On Aug 28, 2018
The jazz done fail am
RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:41am On Aug 28, 2018
Nukilia:
The guy is part of the crew who want to escape from this country Don't vote for a dullard to keep running our country and you'll later start looking for an avenue to abandon the Nigeria Ship.. undecided .
See mentality.
So people started travelling out when Your President got there?!
Everythingis not about Your President.
Start living with him being your President till 2023.
The earlier, the better for you.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by dyze(m): 5:42am On Aug 28, 2018
ct2:
I will not die prematurely in Jesus name.

Amin o. Ati emi na

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:42am On Aug 28, 2018
ct2:
I will not die prematurely in Jesus name.

What is premature death?
Death can happen anytime nobody promised you long live.
Most of these mysterious deaths are not even preventable in our society due to poor health care, and poor access to health facilities.
And village people shooting arrow any how.
My brother anytime the thing come take it like that as your own appointed time everybody must not pass 75

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Eziokwugbaoto: 5:43am On Aug 28, 2018
Ah swear this superiors have too much sense.
They deserve some accolades.
What were the security personnels in the said immigration office doing? Sleeping I guess that they had to wait for the ever responsive and smart NPF.
RIP man

2 Likes

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 28, 2018
All in a bid to leave this shithole headed by a lifeless Cow!

8 Likes

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by yinkeys(m): 5:45am On Aug 28, 2018
Passport offices in Lagos can be really frustrating.
I remember getting there by 6am and leaving by 5pm
The stress in Nigeria ehn

13 Likes

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by gbakonray(m): 5:46am On Aug 28, 2018
Adieu.

So disheartening.

1 Like

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 28, 2018
post=70673130:

See mentality.
So people started travelling out when Your President got there?!
Smh
No just that emigration has increased greatly ever since we elected a lifeless individual... More people now stare at death eyeball to eyeball

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by wakaawaka(m): 5:48am On Aug 28, 2018
Was it Heat Exhaustion??
rip sir. And I extend my deepest sympathies to his family.

1 Like

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:48am On Aug 28, 2018
kaluxy007:

.. More people now stare at death eyeball to eyeball
Try to take a selfie with Mr death next time you see him eyeball to eyeball, let's see what he looks like.
Tnx in advance!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Bluezy13(m): 5:50am On Aug 28, 2018
dingbang:
”Later he went into the convenience to ease himself. Later an attendant knocked severally on the door but no response. We couldn’t force the door open, because our superiors warned that we should not break the door until the police arrived the scene.

Clap for the superiors and our Nigeria police.

They did the right thing.
In saner climes, if the door is forced open and the man is at ease with nothing wrong with him, he can sue the superiors for invasion of privacy and assault among others.
Some things may be morally right but legally wrong. Legality always supersedes.
I chose to ignore your negative comments on my personality. I see it as a function of ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by DKM123: 5:52am On Aug 28, 2018
The tension and stress from his aggressiveness after being told to wait till 9am even though he arrived at 7am (probably left his house before 6am ) made him have a heart attack.

4 Likes

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by dingbang(m): 5:55am On Aug 28, 2018
Bluezy13:

of course na. According to the standard of the Nigerian mentality
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by SarkinYarki: 5:55am On Aug 28, 2018
Definitely hypertensive
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Bluezy13(m): 5:59am On Aug 28, 2018
dingbang:
of course na. According to the standard of the Nigerian mentality

They followed the detects of legality.
It is not a matter of mentality.

And you should learn to let go of sentimentality.

2 Likes

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by tenmariner: 6:03am On Aug 28, 2018
Nukilia:
The guy is part of the crew who want to escape from this country Heaven rest his soul...

Election is coming, we all should make the right decision. Don't vote for a dullard to keep running our country and you'll later start looking for an avenue to abandon the Nigeria Ship.. undecided A word is enough for the wise.

Everything is not about Buhari, election, APC and PDP..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by kingsaif(m): 6:04am On Aug 28, 2018
village peepu
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by TDonald: 6:09am On Aug 28, 2018
R. I. P to the dead

3 Likes

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 28, 2018
The 'LIFELESS ONE' caused this...
Since he came onboard, everybody wan check out... even he himself always checks out

1 Like

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by BabaRamota1980: 6:18am On Aug 28, 2018
Baawaa:
They should do autopsy to know the cause of his death

Toxins attack.

His body organs were attacked by some toxic intake. Water, food or bad offensive odor got into his blood stream and attacked the organs. The immune will flush them out naturally, usually through vomit or shit. If he kept holding it in because he could not find a place to quickly ease himself the organs will begin to shut down his body functions. The skin will get hot and he will be very uncomfortable, sweating and dehydrated. He will get dizzy and loose consciousness. If he shuts out in an upright position, he will end up falling down. The head impact on the ground can cause additional damage to a body already under attack.

There are two possibilities
1. With help, the body will recover from the shock and regain consciousness.

2. The organs had gone cold and blood drained away from their capillaries, damage is irreversible. Even if consciousness is regained the subject will not fully regain body functionality and will soon pass.

14 Likes

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 28, 2018
Bluezy13:

That Woman should have BROKEN that door down! What rubbish!!
It looked like a Cardiac arrest issue - internal heat, restlessness, agitation, etc...
He might have still had some chances of survival with continuous CPR until the Medics arrive.

7 Likes

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 6:19am On Aug 28, 2018
HeWrites:
An applicant seeking Nigerian international passport has died in Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) Passport office, Ikoyi, Lagos.

The applicant was said to have arrived the passport office at about 7.am in company of his wife and they were asked to wait till 9.am when they would be attended to.

It was gathered that at about I0.am, the man became restless and started complaining of severe heat and discomfort. He, however, requested to use the rest room.

However, trouble started when he didn’t come out of the toilet after about half an hour and his his wife became very worried.

It was learned that after about 40 minutes, attendant from the agency knocked several times and he did not respond. ”We tried to open the door, but it was locked from the inside,” the attendant said.

An official who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said: “We don’t know what was wrong with him, he came with his wife, he was so uncomfortable with him self and a bit aggressive, complaining that he should be attended to as he and his wife arrived the passport office before other applicants.

An eye witness, who identified herself simply as Jenny, said he died before the police arrived and forced the door open.
”Who knows, maybe he would have survived if he was rushed to the hospital immediately before the police arrived,” she said.

Confirming the incident, the Passport Controller in charge of Ikoyi Passport office, (PCO) Mani Yari, said: ” Yes, it is the true, an applicant died in our toilet. He came to our office with his wife. There was no queue, as he did not come to collect Passport. We attend to applicants from 9am. Along the line, the deceased said he wanted to ease himself .

It was after about 40 minutes that the wife started raising the alarm that her husband had not returned from the toilet. We thought it was the normal panic from a woman. But when we arrived the scene and he did not open the door, we called the police who came and forced the door open and we saw the lifeless body. The body has been deposited at the mortuary for autopsy.

https://www.torimill.co/news/9600/applicant-dies-inside-ikoyi-passport-office-toilet.html

You people collect bribes before attending to people and you are talking as if I dont know what I went through at your office before I got my own passport sad.Paid so much even with that they still frustrated me. I was lucky to get an officer from my hometown that helped me through the whole process else maybe I'd have collasped from going back and forth for weeks..

2 Likes

Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by fotadmowmend(m): 6:19am On Aug 28, 2018
Get rich or die trying.... RIP
Re: Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet by Bluezy13(m): 6:20am On Aug 28, 2018
Gabbysky:

That Woman should have [/b]BROKEN[b] that door down! What rubbish!!
It looked like a Cardiac arrest issue - internal heat, restlessness, agitation, etc...
He might have still had some chances of survival with continuous CPR until the Medics arrive.

ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Die At Pitcoin Christmas Palliative Sharing Centre In Rivers State / Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID / Man Dies After Consuming 1000mg Of Tramadol In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.