Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) (360 Views)

Lady Burns Virgin Mary’s Statue In Enugu (Photos) / Virgin Mary Miracle Of The Sun In Lagos On 28th Oct. 2017 (Video) / Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) by Thenewtruth: 6:01am On Aug 28, 2018
1. Why an immaculate conception when there are men who did what he did on earth without the holy spirit sleeping with a Virgin?

2. Why an immaculate conception when the baby she still gave birth to was still human? The baby physique wasn't special. It was like any other baby.

3. The baby was breast-feed like every other babies. If he doesn't need a man to be brought to the world then why does he need a man to grow?
Re: Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) by IamPlato(m): 6:04am On Aug 28, 2018

This Is Big
Re: Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) by Blakjewelry(m): 6:15am On Aug 28, 2018
Zeus has sneaking into peoples home and be doing same to
Re: Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) by Blitzerz: 6:15am On Aug 28, 2018
Thenewtruth:
1. Why an immaculate conception when there are men who did what he did on earth without the holy spirit sleeping with a Virgin?

2. Why an immaculate conception when the baby she still gave birth to was still human? The baby physique wasn't special. It was like any other baby.

3. The baby was breast-feed like every other babies. If he doesn't need a man to be brought to the world then why does he need a man to grow?
On number 1
Mention the men who did what Jesus did on earth
Re: Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) by enilove(m): 6:40am On Aug 28, 2018
Re: Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) by enilove(m): 6:48am On Aug 28, 2018
Thenewtruth:

1.. It is true that there were men who could easily sleep with virgin Mary for her to be pregnant but that pregnancy and the baby would belong to the earthly father and not God.If the baby were born by any earthly father , the child would automatically inherit the curse God placed upon the first man Adam , which every man that ever lived inherited.

2.. It is necessary for the baby to still be a man like you and I in order to represent the new Adam and to take away our sins.

1 Peter 2:23-25 KJV
Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: [24] Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. [25] For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

3... He needed no man to grow. It is God that makes a man to grow and not man.

Matthew 6:27 KJV
Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

LASTLY FOR YOUR CORRECTION , HOLY SPIRIT DID NOT SLEEP WITH MARY .

1 Like

Re: Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) by sonmvayina(m): 7:36am On Aug 28, 2018
enilove:

1.. It is true that there were men who could easily sleep with virgin Mary for her to be pregnant but that pregnancy and the baby would belong to the earthly father and not God.If the baby were born by any earthly father , the child would automatically inherit the curse God placed upon the first man Adam , which every man that ever lived inherited.

2.. It is necessary for the baby to still be a man like you and I in order to represent the new Adam and to take away our sins.

1 Peter 2:23-25 KJV
Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: [24] Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. [25] For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

3... He needed no man to grow. It is God that makes a man to grow and not man.

Matthew 6:27 KJV
Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

LASTLY FOR YOUR CORRECTION , HOLY SPIRIT DID NOT SLEEP WITH MARY .

Which prophet prophesied or reported that God was going to be the father of the messiah or that the Messiah will not have a human father or that his mother will be a Virgin..... And lastly that he was going to die for sins?
Give me old testament quotes.
Re: Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) by enilove(m): 8:28am On Aug 28, 2018
sonmvayina:

Which prophet prophesied or reported that God was going to be the father of the messiah or that the Messiah will not have a human father or that his mother will be a Virgin..... And lastly that he was going to die for sins?
Give me old testament quotes.

Isaiah 7:14 KJV
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Hosea 11:1 KJV
When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Isaiah 53:4-10 KJV
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. [6] All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. [7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. [8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. [9] And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. [10] Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

I hope these satisfy your questions ,although there are more refetences.
Re: Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) by sonmvayina(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
enilove:

Isaiah 7:14 KJV
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Hosea 11:1 KJV
When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Isaiah 53:4-10 KJV
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. [6] All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. [7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. [8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. [9] And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. [10] Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

I hope these satisfy your questions ,although there are more refetences.

Did you read those passages at all? I don't think so.. How does those refer to jesus?

The sign in Isaiah is Isaiah 's son.. Read it till the end. The sign was for King Ahab, who was scared that the Syrians where going to kill his lineage..

All the others refer to Israel.. Who is the suffering servant.. Start from chapter 47. It will be clear.. The suffering servant in Isaiah is Israel...

Read.. Don't be lazy..

(1) (Reply)

Experience, The Best Teacher (with pics) / Five Reasons Why Your Mind(God's Words) Don't Correspond With Reality / Birth Of Red Heifer In Israel, The First In Over 2000 Years !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.