Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

The Irony Of Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Irony Of Life (395 Views)

Irony Of Life / A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". / The Power Of Life & Death- A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Irony Of Life by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 28, 2018
I work in one of the best restaurants in Lagos and it is located on the island. Day in day out I get to see a lot popular faces and the not so popular faces and also the unknown faces too.

Now, my cry is the money being spent. The celebrities are not the most spenders, the unknown faces are actually the most spenders. A table of 10 people can spend up to a million Naira in less than 4 hours, just on food and drinks and smokes sometimes.

I know this because am the cashier and at the end of day when I'm collating the total sales I can't help but marvel at the amount of money spent on lisure. And if you really think about it and are honest with yourself, you'd know that that's probably the only reason you also want to make money/more money - all for that luxurious lifestyle...

I only need 500k loan with an interest of 20% by the end of the year to provide a comfortable lifestyle for my mom and siblings and somebody spends times two of that money on food and drinks in one sitting, in less than half a day, with less than 20 people! Oh lord! The irony!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Irony Of Life by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2018
this the sad but true irony of life Tonia. it's a pity

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ferocious (chapter Nine) / My Wish(a Poem) / Daddy Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.