Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? (669 Views)

What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? by wakabobo: 5:14am On Aug 29, 2018
@iamwakabobo

Hi guys it's your boy wakabobo, I have been away because of studies. Heard two pretty ladies on same argument yesterday and felt Nairalanders will do justice to this question.

"First class degree in Nigeria", Yay or Nah?

Ok guys let's deliberate on this, I feel its over rated, what do you think?

Cc: lalasticlala

Re: First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? by otipoju(m): 5:48am On Aug 29, 2018
Your topic should read

First Class Degree in Nigeria. Is it worth it?

2 Likes

Re: First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? by backnbeta(f): 5:48am On Aug 29, 2018
wakabobo:
@iamwakabobo

Hi guys it's your boy wakabobo, I have been away because of studies. Heard two pretty ladies on same argument yesterday and felt Nairalanders will do justice to this question.

"First class degree in Nigeria", Yay or Nah?

Ok guys let's deliberate on this, I feel its over rated, what do you think?

Cc: lalasticlala
@ title
'.. Is it what it?' Please change that to worth sir.
Re: First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? by wakabobo: 6:01am On Aug 29, 2018
otipoju:
Your topic should read

First Class Degree in Nigeria. Is it worth it?

Thank you my professor

1 Like

Re: First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? by wakabobo: 6:01am On Aug 29, 2018
backnbeta:

@ title
'.. Is it what it?' Please change that to worth sir.

Thank you my professor
Re: First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? by stayingfocused: 6:05am On Aug 29, 2018
Maybe for those interested in Academics
Re: First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? by MVLOX(m): 6:33am On Aug 29, 2018
stayingfocused:
Maybe for those interested in Academics

true other than that I dont think many 1st class degree holders in Nigeria are employable..... come to think of it if truly one is a first holder why would he or she need someone to employ them?
Re: First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? by stayingfocused: 11:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yea
Re: First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? by ugonna1054(m): 2:43am On Aug 30, 2018
MVLOX:

true other than that I dont think many 1st class degree holders in Nigeria are employable..... come to think of it if truly one is a first holder why would he or she need someone to employ them?
So it would be okay for a 2.1 or 2.2 grad to be 'Unemployable' and be in need of Employment, but not right for a 1.1 undecided

Y'all reading this, if u still have time, Better do your best in school to make good grades, if you had the opportunity to choose btw a 2.1 and a 2.2, which would it be??

It's only a given that most will choose the former. Everybody wants the best yea, not only in Academics but in all areas of Life, so whatever you do in life, give it your best.

A good grade in school will do you no harm, but rather will open you to opportunities.....

2 Likes

Re: First Class Degree In Nigeria, is it Worth it? by MVLOX(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2018
ugonna1054:
So it would be okay for a 2.1 or 2.2 grad to be 'Unemployable' and be in need of Employment, but not right for a 1.1 undecided

Y'all reading this, if u still have time, Better do your best in school to make good grades, if you had the opportunity to choose btw a 2.1 and a 2.2, which would it be??

It's only a given that most will choose the former. Everybody wants the best yea, not only in Academics but in all areas of Life, so whatever you do in life, give it your best.

A good grade in school will do you no harm, but rather will open you to opportunities.....

bro don get me wrong here. my point is that while every student should strive to make good grades they should also strive to be really good at what they re studying. Schools will only give u outdated knowledge. It's the students responsibility to acquire most of the technical and practical skills needed to differentiate a student with a very good result and an employable student.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Just Two Writers / We’ll Contact You Via Phones When 2019 UTME Results Are Ready-JAMB / 2019 Recruitment At Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.