Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons - Jobs/Vacancies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (149831 Views)

Name The Good/best Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Worst Companies To Work In Nigeria With Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by DexterousOne(m): 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
I came here to read comments
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by DexterousOne(m): 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2019
magicminister:
See them yarning rubbish.
People that have no idea what it takes to run and keep a successful business.

Firstly, I strongly condemn any employer that treat their employees unfairly. Employees are entitled to 1hr break for every 8hr and 30mins extra break for anything above 8hrs. Employees should also be paid fairly and entitled to 2 weeks sick leave and 2 weeks vacation with salary still paid.

Having said that, I must add that from personal experience, The average Nigerian employee have very poor work ethic. They just want to collect salary without bringing any value or doing what they’re told effectively.

If you wanna collect big salary, what’s your value?

some actions that are very common with most Nigerian employees;

1 - coming late to work:
We all know Lagos traffic na die but I expect you to be at work exactly on time. How you plan to do that is exactly your business.

2- phone calls at the work place:
On numerous occasions, I’ve seen employees on their phones instead of facing their duties

3- leaving during work hours for personal activities:
Happens a lot. When the manager of myself are out of office, employees tend to leave their duty post.

4- lack of motivation and initiative.

They always blame this on the “low salary”.
Mind you, I run a small firm and for the size of my firm, I believe I’m paying my employers fairlyand I also provide room for bonuses tied to performance.

5- lack of empathy and poor listening skill.
Lack of empathy stems from the fact that they do not see the organization as theirs and would never go Beyond Duty calls regardless of how important it is.
I once lost a multimillion deal simply cos our office closes at 5 and the bidding papers came in after 5. The employee that was supposed to lock up failed to email me the papers..

All I’m saying for is that the average Naija employee often forces employers to become the monsters thT most have become.

Valid points

But you are missing one KEY thing

It's promoted in the contemporary Nigerian culture today to take advantage of the next person

So that is why we have employeea trying to take advantage of employers
And employers taking advantage of employee's

4 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by akanbiaa(m): 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2019
Reussite:

can someone that once worked in ison reapply again?
Yes as long as you left honorably without issues with them(It will be even advantage to them)
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by kalushaiyke(m): 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2020
venus080:
Rom Oil Mills Ltd, a subsidiary of FMN PLC, based in Ibadan, is a terrible place to work.The workers are so poorly paid, they have some of the most egocentric management who are so selfish and insensitive.Also add most Lebanese and Indian run companies.Those guys are so wicked.
Do you still work here? Please I know someone going for interview
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Monmarri: 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2020
Please who is working in Dangote cement here?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Tinkulala: 6:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
If one is not happy with their jobs and have a passion for something else,I suggest they quit and pursue their passion,watch this :

SHOULD YOU QUIT YOUR JOB?

Watch here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr6BuFOQ9tE

Very insightful.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Stmiceel(m): 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
Where ever you are working don't steal, if the treatment is bad leave.

Nobody is begging you to work for them!

And nobody is will stop you for working for yourself!

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by DexterousOne(m): 10:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
Interesting thread that passed
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by DexterousOne(m): 11:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
dasparrow:
What I observed in the 5 years I lived in Nigeria is that the average Nigerian is very wicked and lacks compassion and empathy towards his/her fellow Nigerian. But Nigerians will quickly kiss the asses of foreigners especially non-black foreigners. Just look at all the horror stories I am reading here.

I studied the Nigerian society carefully and came to the conclusion that I cannot live in such kind of a society. I quietly packed my suitcases and left Nigeria promptly. Best decision I made in a long time.

I don't blame you for your decision

Many Nigerians are psychologically damaged and traumatised

That is why many behave the way they do
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by DexterousOne(m): 11:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
essentialone:
I have some friends who got fed up, learnt some handiwork and resigned to begin their own.

2 years down the line they were looking so hungry and malnourished.

Self employment is good but sometimes it does not turn out right. For instance too many people are already into barbing, tailoring, cake making, hair dressing, etc. It takes careful planning and grace of God to succeed through it. Many people are 'self employed' yet are as poor as the underpaid workers.

God save us all.
The economic fundamentals are wrong
That is just the main issue

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Kspicz: 10:32am On Mar 08, 2020
There is a company in Lagos with Factories in Ogun state called Solar Energy Ventures Industries, Entreprise Limited. They also bear other names Like REI plastics, NGS group, Sapatech etc. This organization has a very toxic environment. There is no job security, the owner Mr. Ugochukwu Emmanuel Madumere pays police stations to do his bidding. There is no leave, pension neither do they pay tax. Staff are fired without following due process. There is no HMO and there is no Employee compensation /Insurance in terms of injuries. Staff are hardly provided work tools but get constant blame for non performance.No health and safety equipment for factory workers. No trainings, no incentives, bonus or benefits. He verbally and sometimes could physically assault staff members. He pays graduates poor salaries but pays illiterates a higher one. Staff are not allowed to contribute their opinions even on jobs they are given. There is a lot of interference and do it his way. Working hours are not stipulated, you could see 8am -5pm but would work 8 am - 9pm. Factory workers work 7am-7pm. Please if you get any invite from this company please run for dare life. They could tease you with a bigger salary only to sack you one month later. Weather their Festac office, Ota factories or Igbesa is a no no! Please avoid this organization by all means or you are on your own!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Zinny24: 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
Outcess
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Heineken(m): 10:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
franchasng:
seriously, if I were the president of Nigeria, I will shutdown many companies for enslaving Nigerians, especially the innocent dehumanized Nigerian youths angry

If u can't pay staff well to at least be OK, don't hire!

If u need 10 staff, hire 10 staff and pay them well instead of hiring 50 staff to appear big and sharing the money meant for 10 staffs to 50 unhappy staff who will be praying for your company to shutdown out of anger and frustration.

My dear Nigerian youths, it is better to be hawking galla, open a kiosk, forget forming, go learn handwork, open worksg, forget graduate level, bend down and humble yourself and learn a skill or start a business no matter how small than to be slaving for these wicked souls in the name of working and wasting your future angry

I know it isn't easy, but try....it is better to be self employed, own a shop, a kiosk or gather your close friends and form a small business group than to slaving working for 50,000naira per month that won't feed u well for a month, it hurts me seeing and hearing these things, I just wished I can change all these automatically angry angry cry
lol ojuju calabar.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Heineken(m): 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
extremelygolden:
Kids Court School, Modupe Johnson for Creche and Montessori and Femi Ayantuga for Primary School. They are situated in Surulere, Lagos.

1. You come to work a second late, they deduct N1000.00 from your salary.

2. Even if you were admitted in the hospital and you eventually resume work with a doctor's report, as soon as it's salary time they mark you absent for those days and deduct your salary for the number of days you were hospitalized. It doesn't matter if you're looking pale when you resume.

3. If you're pregnant and suddenly falls ill while at work, the Deputy Head Teacher will tell you not to step out of the school gate. He'll tell you to manage until closing hour. And if it's glaringly serious that you were eventually rushed to the hospital from the school, the Deputy Head Teacher, marks you absent for the day. That one has transformed himself to a demigod on someone else's business, hurting many people because of N150,000 per month salary.

4. If one is bereaved of a close family member, be it a father, a mother, a brother, or a sister (I am not even talking about Cousins, Nephews or Nieces) and you seek permission to attend the burial, they deduct your salary for the number of days they permitted you to go.

5. Salary is deliberately paid as from 15th of next month. And no one tells you while it can't be paid at least on the last day of the month.

6. As soon as you enter the school gate by 7am (being the school's official resumption time), they lock you inside. You're not allowed to go out again until closing time, unless few teachers who have a class to teach at the 2nd school in Modupe Johnson.

7. And if you're tired of the job, dare sit down to greet the woman or her husband. The law is that no teacher or staff of that school should greet them while sitting. In fact, it's an abomination. She has sacked people because they sat down to greet her, or because they weren't fast enough in doing so.

8. The Director of the School finds so much pleasure in publicly insulting her staff. Just recently on the School's Fun Day, she asked her teachers and staff to go get bin bag each and begin to pick the dirt on field where the event was already taking place, with parents and invited guests watching in awe. Remember field was paid including cost of tidying up the place.

Owing to the demeaning ways she treats her teachers and staff, majority of the Parents no longer have respect for them, except the Management Staff.

9. The Director does not regard anybody below her level as a human being. She's very beautiful but extremely wicked and arrogant. And regrettably, she is a Nigerian! Not a Lebanese.

10. This is to mention a few because there are just too numerous. Many people resume work there and leave immediately after their first salary. Many. It is that bad.

11. Just two cleaners in each of the school. No body working there is expected to sit down.

It is a good school for the pupils, but not for anyone going there to work.

nawao

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Heineken(m): 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
rezzy:
There was a school I once worked, the proprietress can insult teachers. She made us stood for close to 2 hrs in the name of meeting that a pregnant woman collapsed.
Before a new session begins, she asks teachers to sweep, wash, dust their classroom and also clean louvres, desks and chairs. I was pregnant then, so another teacher helped out.

The following year, same thing. Other teachers were busy washing, I told them I'm ready for a sack because I won't even clean my own table. When Head teacher saw I was busy gisting while other teachers were working, she told the cleaners to wash my class that she doesn't want my wahala.
Ask me how much was the salary o, 20k and and I was the highest paid.

There was a day she told a staff that her mother did not give her home training, the lady told her to her face never to involve her mother cause she isn't paying her mum, she raised her hand to slap the teacher, she caught the hand in the air, twisted it, then flung it backwards. She lambasted her saying "you think I'm like other staff you talk to anyhow? I be correct Warri girl, I no dey carry last" as she walked to her classroom to pack her things, she said, I don dey go my fellow teachers, I don sack myself,.

For the rest of that term, Madam was a bit cool
nawao... Things are happening o
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Heineken(m): 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
franchasng:
Entrepreneurship and skill development!!!

Instead of wasting time doing these hopeless peanut jobs with no future, pls go and learn valuable skills like fashion designing, welding, carpentry on a high skill level, plumbing, POP, metal works, tiling, web design + programming/coding, graphics design, etc or plan and migrate to a more promising country legally.

These jobs will only kill your self esteem, make you more scared of the future and more scared to face the future. They kill time and waste future angry

Nigerian graduates must forget that useless status: "I am a graduate", it no longer holds water....the value has died...any graduate still feeling fly because he or she graduated from either university, polytechnic or college of education is wasting his or her time. forget the name and humble yourself and join others to do whatever they are doing to survive.
bro I just copied this so I can be seeing it everyday on my phone. You're wise sir.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Heineken(m): 11:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
Babayoutoomuch:

God bless you real good for me even tho I don't know you. I will definitely do that. To me oo, this post is God sent. God Pls help me, my children will not schl in this country.
lol seriously I'll look for money and start to learn also.. This graduate thing na rubbish. I must see that tailor start work o
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Heineken(m): 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
livinbygrace:

This is really touched me.Its well with you and anybody going through this in Jesus Name
amen o.. I need this prayer.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by franchasng: 8:48am On Mar 16, 2020
Heineken:
bro I just copied this so I can be seeing it everyday on my phone. You're wise sir.
My honor, and may the good Lord lead and direct you to do the right thing that will put you on the right track. Good morning

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Heineken(m): 8:53am On Mar 16, 2020
franchasng:
My honor, and may the good Lord lead and direct you to do the right thing that will put you on the right track. Good morning
amen sir.. Thanks so much bro
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by extremelygolden: 11:41am On Mar 16, 2020
Heineken:
nawao

I will need a bottle of "Heineken" to be able to narrate all my experience in that school.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Heineken(m): 11:44am On Mar 16, 2020
extremelygolden:

I will need a bottle of "Heineken" to be able to narrate all my experience in that school.
hahahahahah a boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by extremelygolden: 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2020
Heineken:
hahahahahah a boss

That's how I roll. grin
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by essentialone(m): 2:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
extremelygolden:

That's how I roll. grin

Lol
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by aycorporat(m): 10:58am On Jun 06, 2020
PlsBanMe:
Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu Osun State and
The Polytechnic Ile-Ife

If you get a lecturing job there, don't laugh yet. The salary stated on your appointment letter is all lies. Almost 30k out of your salary will be deducted monthly for a supposed OSUA that do not exist as per the instructions of the proprietor.

Silly guys tagged "ticket men" can deduct any amount out of your salary for any cause;just or unjust.

Salary is intentionally paid at least 7th of the next month in case you wanna leave.

At the end of the day, your salary is what remains.
Plus you have no opportunity to go elsewhere to get more education i.e Ph.D if you don't have one yet. If you go,your salary will be deducted but if NUC is about visiting, the same university that don't want you do Ph.D will ask you to submit your admission letter for Ph.D to enhance accreditation.

Working there is crazy.
My dear brother, I applied there sometimes around 2014/2015. What is their pay structure like?

so all this private Universities are just modern day slave camps?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by PlsBanMe: 1:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
aycorporat:

My dear brother, I applied there sometimes around 2014/2015. What is their pay structure like?

so all this private Universities are just modern day slave camps?

It is modern day slavery there at Oduduwa University Ipetumodu in Osun state and even the Polytechnic Ile Ife which are owned by the same person.

Salary depends on qualifications. For MSc, the salary is officially around 125k. But goodluck to anyone there who get 95k as take home. You have to pay for OSUA monthly. And OSUA is basically a way the owner deny you of your salary cuz while he pays you your official salary, you have to remove over 20K monthly and pay to his account named OSUA. You also pay for development fees. And your salary will be deducted by some useless guys called ticket boys for any reason at all. Eventually, the owner smile to the bank, you frown your face and the students get substandard education.

That's the way with most private institutions anyways, except a few.

I am no longer there and I know everyone there is trying to get a better place. Goodluck to those who will still work there or are planning to work there.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Generaloluseye: 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Don't try to do any contract staff job in Any bank.
It is evil except you don't have any option.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by jd3trice(m): 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
Biswal.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by babsy4kc: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
The worst company I ever worked for is LOI Partners. It's a one man business where you agree a stipulated amount for income but you never get paid on that agreement. I felt so helpless being bullied. At some point I lost confidence in myself but thank God for the friends I have who encouraged me to keep fighting and searching as well as learning. Luck Idike (KCOB) is d worst thing to have happened to me in my career. 65k became 60k and ended up being 30k. I just hope someone else takes this knowledge from my experience and not fall same victim like I did for the Lions in sheep clothing's. Cheers!!!!
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by tundeos: 1:09am On Aug 28, 2020
jd3trice:
Biswal.

Pls can you explain further?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by inumidun2010(m): 5:52am On Aug 28, 2020
[quote author=osazsky post=70731779]u mean people earn 36k in this country how do they survive? or their relatives they contribute money for them? god how did I find myself in Nigeria, pls employees are slave ,d best thing is to learn a trade or handwork, forget the shame am talking from experience,at times I make 36k a day,what's happening to this country self[/quote

What kind of trade did you learn... I want to follow that path.. I just finished NYSC.. this year... I hate myself staying idle at home..it's appaling

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here / NBC Aptitude Test Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.