Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (149506 Views)

Name The Good/best Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Worst Companies To Work In Nigeria With Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by rezzy: 12:47am On Aug 30, 2018
extremelygolden:
Kids Court School, Modupe Johnson for Creche and Montessori and Femi Ayantuga for Primary School. They are situated in Surulere, Lagos.

1. You come to work a second late, they deduct N1000.00 from your salary.

2. Even if you were admitted in the hospital and you eventually resume work with a doctor's report, as soon as it's salary time they mark you absent for those days and deduct your salary for the number of days you were hospitalized. It doesn't matter if you're looking pale when you resume.

3. If you're pregnant and suddenly falls ill while at work, the Deputy Head Teacher will tell you not to step out of the school gate. He'll tell you to manage until closing hour. And if it's glaringly serious that you were eventually rushed to the hospital from the school, the Deputy Head Teacher, marks you absent for the day. That one has transformed himself to a demigod on someone else's business, hurting many people because of N150,000 per month salary.

4. If one is bereaved of a close family member, be it a father, a mother, a brother, or a sister (I am not even talking about Cousins, Nephews or Nieces) and you seek permission to attend the burial, they deduct your salary for the number of days they permitted you to go.

5. Salary is deliberately paid as from 15th of next month. And no one tells you while it can't be paid at least on the last day of the month.

6. As soon as you enter the school gate by 7am (being the school's official resumption time), they lock you inside. You're not allowed to go out again until closing time, unless few teachers who have a class to teach at the 2nd school in Modupe Johnson.

7. And if you're tired of the job, dare sit down to greet the woman or her husband. The law is that no teacher or staff of that school should greet them while sitting. In fact, it's an abomination. She has sacked people because they sat down to greet her, or because they weren't fast enough in doing so.

8. The Director of the School finds so much pleasure in publicly insulting her staff. Just recently on the School's Fun Day, she asked her teachers and staff to go get bin bag each and begin to pick the dirt on field where the event was already taking place, with parents and invited guests watching in awe. Remember field was paid including cost of tidying up the place.

Owing to the demeaning ways she treats her teachers and staff, majority of the Parents no longer have respect for them, except the Management Staff.

9. The Director does not regard anybody below her level as a human being. She's very beautiful but extremely wicked and arrogant. And regrettably, she is a Nigerian! Not a Lebanese.

10. This is to mention a few because there are just too numerous. Many people resume work there and leave immediately after their first salary. Many. It is that bad.

11. Just two cleaners in each of the school. No body working there is expected to sit down.

It is a good school for the pupils, but not for anyone going there to work.

I think I can manage except @ the bolded,
No matter the amount, I can't work in that environment.

I know some people will be killing themselves there. If a staff falls and dies, he or she will be replaced the following day.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by rezzy: 12:57am On Aug 30, 2018
There was a school I once worked, the proprietress can insult teachers. She made us stood for close to 2 hrs in the name of meeting that a pregnant woman collapsed.
Before a new session begins, she asks teachers to sweep, wash, dust their classroom and also clean louvres, desks and chairs. I was pregnant then, so another teacher helped out.

The following year, same thing. Other teachers were busy washing, I told them I'm ready for a sack because I won't even clean my own table. When Head teacher saw I was busy gisting while other teachers were working, she told the cleaners to wash my class that she doesn't want my wahala.
Ask me how much was the salary o, 20k and and I was the highest paid.

There was a day she told a staff that her mother did not give her home training, the lady told her to her face never to involve her mother cause she isn't paying her mum, she raised her hand to slap the teacher, she caught the hand in the air, twisted it, then flung it backwards. She lambasted her saying "you think I'm like other staff you talk to anyhow? I be correct Warri girl, I no dey carry last" as she walked to her classroom to pack her things, she said, I don dey go my fellow teachers, I don sack myself,.

For the rest of that term, Madam was a bit cool

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by lionson3: 1:35am On Aug 30, 2018
Church. Either you're serving as a pastoral or administrative staff, their pay sucks. And they use you like no man's business and still tell you you're serving God.

22 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Ak47young(m): 1:41am On Aug 30, 2018
egbaguy2:
isn't ashaka owned by lafarge?Lafarge pays well....so?
Pay isn't everything bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Ogalanyaidi(m): 1:51am On Aug 30, 2018
The worst of all worse places to work is ISON BPO. u will contemplate suicide or maybe plan of burning their building

10 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Ikpongiton: 2:22am On Aug 30, 2018
kogi state government

4 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by lordswill03: 2:35am On Aug 30, 2018
I will call MTN customer care and they will tell me my network is bad. No brah, that's your network not mine! And that's why I called to fix your network!!

8 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by udo2018: 3:06am On Aug 30, 2018
franchasng:
Nigerian youths are so freaking cowards!

Why are u guys scared of naming these companies that do not value your destiny

Nobody knows your name here, go ahead and name them to shame them and pre warn others from working for them angry

Nigerian youths have been victimised to become cowards to even speak up anonymously, gosh, no hope for Nigeria angry angry

Let me help you guys:

1.) Any private owned school in Nigeria that is not owned by Europeans or Americans, don't work!

Most Nigerian private schools pay their staff between 15,000 - 45,000 per month as salary, isn't this suicidal angry

2.) Any private hospital in Nigeria is a hell to work!

Private hospitals in Nigeria pay nurses between 30,000 - 50,000 and doctors between 75,000 - 150,000 depending on how big the hospital is, don't envy their staff cry

3.) Any Call center job is a hell!

4.) Any bank contract job is slavery!

5.) Any Nigerian fast food reatuarant or eatery or hotel job is slavery, don't expect good salary or welfare!

6.) PHCN under the new private owners now is a hell. I repeat NEPA work don cast! Anybody that tells u he or she works with Nepa now, pls pity him or her unless he or she is a manager or those people that go about disconnecting lights because they make money by stealing and crooks.

You see Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company If they offer u a job, get a lawyer and sue them for 10billion for attempting to enslave u angry angry

7.) Jumia, konga, Payporte, etc, in fact all online store companies in Nigeria are a waste of time. They don't pay their staff. They pay only the key managers!

8.) All transport companies in Nigeria; name anyone u know, pls be prepared to die young working for peanut unless u know how to steal smartly to makeup your useless monthly salary that can't rent u a house angry

9.) Any Nigerian owned factory, Indian or Lebanese owned factory or company, run for your life because u are going in for another slavery! angry

10.) Dangote companies; forget the name Dangote, all his staff members who are not managers are suffering, except those that steal in one way or the other.

Dangote job is another form of slavery! Run if any Dangote company offer u job, run, run and never look back until u disappear! angry

In fact, the only good jobs in Nigeria are federal government jobs, international oil company and oil servicing jobs, international shipping company jobs, some few bank jobs, government parastatals and NGOs (the best jobs), international aviation and airline company jobs, others are crap, most of their staff survive by stealing the company angry
Not all call center jobs are hell o.. NCC Customer care center job is good..

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by debokeji(m): 3:14am On Aug 30, 2018
Chinese companies

4 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 30, 2018
Konga.com angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by popcykaylah(m): 3:29am On Aug 30, 2018
Tae wool Ltd.. them go dey give us our salaries in bits and pieces like say we come beg for money. .

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by nick50(m): 3:46am On Aug 30, 2018
New life international a company situated at Lagos i
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Gamesmart: 4:10am On Aug 30, 2018
chyammy:
One Lebanese company I worked for great brands Nigeria limited trading unit of British american tobacco company....at landmark building ajah....salary scale very poor ,poor working conditions for Nigerians and the monthly deductions my people na die.....

Vowed never to work for Lebanese again after my experience with them

With your grammar and construction of sentences, I would not pay you above N15K if I employed you.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Gamesmart: 5:00am On Aug 30, 2018
mkoabiola:
Eye opener to all graduates
But still most workers /employees are afraid to mention names of organization

Common.this is a blind forum

That is why they deserve low pay and mistreatment.

Stupid people should get what they deserve.

4 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by essentialone(m): 5:29am On Aug 30, 2018
Seriously that SUMAL company in Ibadan is a slave camp.

Useless management.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by magicminister: 5:30am On Aug 30, 2018
See them yarning rubbish.
People that have no idea what it takes to run and keep a successful business.

Firstly, I strongly condemn any employer that treat their employees unfairly. Employees are entitled to 1hr break for every 8hr and 30mins extra break for anything above 8hrs. Employees should also be paid fairly and entitled to 2 weeks sick leave and 2 weeks vacation with salary still paid.

Having said that, I must add that from personal experience, The average Nigerian employee have very poor work ethic. They just want to collect salary without bringing any value or doing what they’re told effectively.

If you wanna collect big salary, what’s your value?

some actions that are very common with most Nigerian employees;

1 - coming late to work:
We all know Lagos traffic na die but I expect you to be at work exactly on time. How you plan to do that is exactly your business.

2- phone calls at the work place:
On numerous occasions, I’ve seen employees on their phones instead of facing their duties

3- leaving during work hours for personal activities:
Happens a lot. When the manager of myself are out of office, employees tend to leave their duty post.

4- lack of motivation and initiative.

They always blame this on the “low salary”.
Mind you, I run a small firm and for the size of my firm, I believe I’m paying my employers fairlyand I also provide room for bonuses tied to performance.

5- lack of empathy and poor listening skill.
Lack of empathy stems from the fact that they do not see the organization as theirs and would never go Beyond Duty calls regardless of how important it is.
I once lost a multimillion deal simply cos our office closes at 5 and the bidding papers came in after 5. The employee that was supposed to lock up failed to email me the papers..

All I’m saying for is that the average Naija employee often forces employers to become the monsters thT most have become.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by kunlegboye(m): 5:48am On Aug 30, 2018
osazsky:
u mean people earn 36k in this country how do they survive? or their relatives they contribute money for them? god how did I find myself in Nigeria, pls employees are slave ,d best thing is to learn a trade or handwork, forget the shame am talking from experience,at times I make 36k a day,what's happening to this country self

You will even work on Saturday...you must not press phone during working hour,no single welfares package, there a lot of people borrow...the Lebanese are just too corrupt!... They bribe our government officials and their way through always.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Busuyib(f): 5:57am On Aug 30, 2018
Shezkid:

Do you work there??
my elder sis
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by essentialone(m): 5:57am On Aug 30, 2018
kunlegboye:

You will even work on Saturday...you must not press phone during working hour,no single welfares package, there a lot of people borrow...the Lebanese are just too corrupt!... They bribe our government officials and their way through always.

Lebanese and Indian employers are beasts. God save Nigerian workers.

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by emmizy02: 6:02am On Aug 30, 2018
Working at Dangote cement factory in obajana is modern day slavery
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by jonadaft: 6:12am On Aug 30, 2018
essentialone:
Hi Friends,

Let us begin to mention the worst companies to work for in Nigeria and list your reasons or experience.

We learn by learning.
See this hypocrite
Why won't you start?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by mavinjay1(m): 6:15am On Aug 30, 2018
Dont u dare work in this private school: Mollys school, Ilorin, Kwara state...

And there is this man in Ajah, Lagos State. His company goes by... SmartKraft Tecnology... (No even waste ur time)

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by mavinjay1(m): 6:18am On Aug 30, 2018
DonPikko:
one man company in lagos
Yeah...Like SmartKraft Technology in Ajah. If d man employ u, e don be for U

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by spiritedtete: 6:19am On Aug 30, 2018
edoman2016:

You haven't answered my questions. How will they cope with feeding and transport fare to work for nine months without salary? Definitely money is coming from somewhere at there place of work. Let's reason with logic.

There are always outside gig... For the fact that you are a staff of AIT... You can automatically do PR in other stuffs (Linking)

People will trust you more than someone with no identity.. So when they come for advert... You help them with client and get cut. It's easy to survive that way.

But it's disheartening when you remember you work for an organisation that suppose to take care of you more and nothing was forthcoming from them.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by essentialone(m): 6:23am On Aug 30, 2018
Jonathan:

See this hypocrite
Why won't you start?

No one is a hypocrite here. Go through the thread and see.

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by ahmEenu(m): 6:25am On Aug 30, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

I heard of irupeju branch worst..
I MISSED A DAY DUE TO ILLNESS , I WAS SUSPENDED AND SACKED AT THE SAME TIME

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Donpenny(m): 6:35am On Aug 30, 2018
Na wa o undecided
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Whobedatte(m): 6:38am On Aug 30, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

You forgot... Vijumilk

Wicked China company... Thunder will fire all d black management up there.. Start from idiots chinedu. Joe. Moses n ikechukwu.. It will never be well wit dem.
They are vr heartless both d black n Indians.
Correct bro!!! Worked with a Briton, a German, an American, an Indian before and I must tell you Indians, or Asians generally are the worst amongst them. Very wicked and no regard for the sanctity of human lives. Europeans and Americans are good to go sha, enjoyed every bit of working w them
It's only an Indian man that will make you work 7am-7pm (mon-sun)
No off, salary poor, no overtime, no health hmo etc
Wicked subhumans

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by fedora04: 6:39am On Aug 30, 2018
The question still remains what value are you adding to the organisation.?

Many employees really don't take their work seriously. So we should also stop blaming the employers.

Moreso running a business in Nigeria here has enormous challenges.

I congratulate every employee of labour.. It's not easy.

NLC must also wake up.It's there responsibility to check for any deviation from labour laws and engage this erring companies

Conclusively, let's all strive to be employers of labour. I once was told when I started working then... You can't be richer than your employer!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by essentialone(m): 6:39am On Aug 30, 2018
I remember when I was earning 50... after month end.. I was owing instead of saving.

I no drink.. I no chase woman.. where was the money going to?

I don't trust salaries again. Employers dey put juju inside grin wink

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by OLAplusONE(m): 6:39am On Aug 30, 2018
Seap microfinance

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Ayo25: 6:42am On Aug 30, 2018
NICON INSURANCE.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here / NBC Aptitude Test Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.