Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well (21742 Views)

My Boss Refuses To Pay Me My Salary For June Till Now / Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same / How I Doubled My Salary Two Years In A Row, And Will Be Tripling It This Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DutchNegro(m): 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
I was interviewed for the Job of a facility manager in a school that has nur/pry and jun/Sen sec schools and also has a boarding house. I was offered below sixty even after i proposed 100k. What do I do now pls? This is the first proper interview I attended after NYSC, SO I THINK I PLAYED A NOVICE AT it. Is it okay to renegotiate the salary even after i agreed to the previous proposal or I just let the Job go?

Experts pls help

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by MrHandsome2013: 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:
I was interviewed for the Job of a facility manager in a school that has nur/pry and jun/Sen sec schools and also has a boarding house. I was offered below sixty even after i proposed 100k. What do I do now pls? This is the first proper interview I attended after NYSC, SO I THINK I PLAYED A NOVICE AT it. Is it okay to renegotiate the salary even after i agreed to the previous proposal or I just let the Job go?

Experts pls help
...are they still recruiting?....
Have Ond in computer sci

49 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Jokkarm2: 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
START THE JOB AND KEEP SEARCHING FOR BETTER OFFER.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:
I was interviewed for the Job of a facility manager in a school SO I THINK I PLAYED A NOVICE AT it. Is it okay to renegotiate the salary even after i agreed to the previous proposal or I just let the Job go?

Experts pls help

brov trust me that is what they actually had in mind to pay for that role.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DutchNegro(m): 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
nelem:

brov trust me that is what they actually had in mind to pay for that role.

You see, a friend told me I sold myself cheap. Also considering the fact that it's located in an ESTATE which is a plus to the school.

Another advice I even need on the job offer is how stressful can this job be?

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DutchNegro(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
Jokkarm2:
START THE JOB AND KEEP SEARCHING FOR BETTER OFFER.

Thank you for this...

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2018
Leave the job and regret it later.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by 1stNumeroUno: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
Dear Op,

Don't base your dissatisfaction on assumption. How much does the school pay for similar role? You need to confirm that before you follow your friend's words ( which might be out of jealousy). Secondly, for a starter gathering experience should be your priority for smooth career progression. Thirdly, there's no job that's not stressful (except govt work). Lastly you have a nice designation that can push your career.

Wishing you the best!

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:

You see, a friend told me I sold myself cheap. Also considering the fact that it's located in an ESTATE which is a plus to the school.

Another advice I even need on the job offer is how stressful can this job be?

is it that you dont know anything about the job? you have a job now and you are talking about stress. Nah waoh

9 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by onyegwu(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2018
1stNumeroUno:
Dear Op,

Don't base your dissatisfaction on assumption. How much does the school pay for similar role? You need to confirm that before you follow your friend's words ( which might be out of jealousy). Secondly, for a starter gathering experience should be your priority for smooth career progression. Lastly, there's no job that's not stressful (except govt work). Lastly you have a nice designation that can push your career.

Wishing you the best!
Pls keep quiet and face ur own life issues OK! How do u know is out of jealousy? Do u know the friend before? People just talk any how know wisdom applied. Nonsense!
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by dingbang(m): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ask how much is the school fees first. Then you know how much you should be paid

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Krak(m): 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
onyegwu:
Pls keep quiet and face ur own life issues OK! How do u know is out of jealousy? Do u know the friend before? People just talk any how know wisdom applied. Nonsense!

Are you the friend?

119 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by correctyourself(m): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:

Experts pls help

Please take it and include it on your CV while you search for more higher one, years of experience matters, and you need to start now and be getting more experience on this job.

Note that having this job does not deny you of applying for other job, this particular one would even preper you more for other higher job, OK.

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by timilehing(m): 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
You think a school will pay you 100k cos you negotiate well? Stop dreaming. Each job has a salary range attached to it by the employer irrespective of your answer.

14 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Ayoswit(f): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
K, manage the job till you get a better one, you're even lucky to get a job after your nysc programme bcoz there are so many graduates who graduated with First Class and 2:1 roaming the streets for years looking for any kind of job just to survive.

6 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by gaby(m): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
School say dem dey look for workers you carry your two legs go apply say you wan work. Dem give you work now you dey ask weda the work dey stressful.

Na wetin dey finish the black race be dis.

Na work dem call am no be enjoyment ...work.

Sometimes I hear people ignorantly stating and actually believing blacks work harder/stronger than the whites and I just smile. You need to see the whites working...its work work work until your break time. Some machines run 24/364 days. Only goes off mostly on new years day holidays.

16 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by spartan50(m): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
Start the job

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by itiswellandwell: 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
Just accept the salary and move on. Put your best in the job. When you get a better offer and decide to go, your best effort will speak for you and they might want to renegotiate with you. At least, if you won't accept or the new offer is better than their renegotiation, there is a feeling of sense of worthiness that you will have. That feelings money can't buy it. It's only hard work. Go do the work Man. Better days are almost here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by bunmioguns(m): 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
Lol.. In a nursery and primary school... The money is still alright.. You better stick to it
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
Just manage the sixty thousand
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:

Experts pls help
They can't pay you more than that. Most private schools don't pay their workers like that only few. Keep doing the job before you get another one.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by possibility1234: 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
Start the job. Prove yourself. Make yourself indispensable. Gather experience. Improve yourself daily. Search for other roles... Now tell them you want to leave...

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by bobokeshington: 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
ok
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by geethaiwo(m): 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
Jokkarm2:
START THE JOB AND KEEP SEARCHING FOR BETTER
OFFER.
that's the best solution

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by zicoraads: 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
How much is the school fees and what's the school strength, that is the number of students? And where is the location?

Seems you would have a lot of things to do.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by kennypoju04: 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hmmm

The expert please we need it inpu
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2018
Where did he mention he would be paid sixty?...read well bfore u comment
Diamond360:
Just manage the sixty thousand
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
Krak:

Are you the friend?
i tire o .
Some people go just carry other people matter for head like gala

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Premiumwriter: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
onyegwu:
which you had applied some of that wisdom

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
I support d majorities... Take d job for 'experience' sake,since dats how it works in naija,dey wont give u good job until u hav experience(s)

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
onyegwu:
People like u don't read carefully before they comment the guy said "which may be out of jealously" meaning that there is a tendency and he is not certain it is out of jealously, learn english, it is ur type dat went to buy buns/eggroll when english class was going on!!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by tunary(m): 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
Then manage any amount they pay you nah
if you can't manage it then quit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter / How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? / Npower: How The Soft Loan Will Be Disbursed By The CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.