Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,847 members, 7,798,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London (22199 Views)

Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year / AFCON 2019: Meet The 24 Finalist For Egypt 2019 / Oshoala, Kgatlana, Ordega Made Up The Top Three Finalist For Women’s Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by OhiOfIhima: 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ekez:
But why is Kanu well respected than Okocha?

Kanu destined to played in one of the Europe biggest club... Arsenal unlike okocha who only played for Bolton wanderer... Also kanu played longer dan his compatriot in d field of play.. I privileged to watched kanu play for Portsmouth but didn't watched okocha play at all....

Still don't knw why okocha retired from football so early unlike his other age mates.
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Sharpshooota: 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ekez:

Nwanna hapu na abum nwamama na ime owerri.
But i prefer okocha to kanu

Blah blah blah
Goggle translator has failed you again
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by thatigboman: 4:44pm On Aug 29, 2018
massinola:
And the first name would be?
Ronaldo
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Ekez(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Blah blah blah Goggle translator has failed you again
Ok see later typical igboman
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by AngelicBeing: 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
davibid:
People will say individual awards don't matter in football and I ask, says who? Realistically J. J. is a better player compared to Kanu but awards and trophies Kanu won individually and collectively at the club and country levels has made him one of the most decorated African players and as a result FIFA place Kanu ahead of J. J.

During the World Cup J. J. was in DSTV studios analyzing games while FIFA picked Kanu as a delegate to Russia.
tongue

Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by thaoriginator: 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
Kanu the Peak Milk man shockedshockedshocked
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by mazidalima: 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
JJ is more skillful than Kanu, no question about that, but Kanu is more intelligent and technical than Okacha.
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Mcweber(m): 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ekez:
He played at bigger clubs with the big boys, He won more trophies and even though he was never really in the first 11 in most of the big clubs he played for, he is always coming on to score important goals when he is called upon(Chelsea fans can attest to this).

Okocha never played for big clubs like kanu and despite him having the skills, he is known for squadering goals not until he joined Bolton at the peak of his career.

1 Like

Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Mcweber(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
mazidalima:
JJ is more skillful than Kanu, no question about that, but Kanu is more intelligent and technical than Okacha.
My point exactly, Jay jay is a better player to Kanu as a footballer but Football isnt really about dribbling and showing of skills alone, you have to be technical and intelligent which in this case too, Kanu has the upper hand.

And Yes, luck too........Kanu is one lucky player i know!!!
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by toprealman: 5:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ekez:
What did each win at the end of the day?
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Ekez(m): 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mcweber:
He played at bigger clubs with the big boys, He won more trophies and even though he was never really in the first 11 in most of the big clubs he played for, he is always coming on to score important goals when he is called upon(Chelsea fans can attest to this).

Okocha never played for big clubs like kanu and despite him having the skills, he is known for squadering goals not until he joined Bolton at the peak of his career.
Ok insightful
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by OKorowanta: 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ekez:

Not true.
Okocha has been more involved in FIFA and international football activities.
Kanu selected for dis over Okocha is one of the few nods he gets over him.
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by oloriLFC(f): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
[quote author=davibid

During the World Cup J. J. was in DSTV studios analyzing games while FIFA picked Kanu as a delegate to Russia amongst other legends like Figo, Cafu etc

[/quote] Chai! This life sef!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by egojeny1(f): 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2018
toprealman:
What did each win at the end of the day?
Very good question. This is just d summary.
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by kawaodne(m): 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
Las las ... Buhari MUST go!!!!

1 Like

Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by mechanics(m): 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ekez:
He won many awards and played in good clubs than Okocha.

1 Like

Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Afonja shut Up

You see your life? You nor even wait before calling him Afonja whereas na your blood. Sense una nor go get. To buy sense sef, una nor go gree. Na your type they give the beautiful Igbo tribe bad image. Na to dey shout upandaun like goat. Odensin.
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by OlujobaSamuel: 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
davibid:
People will say individual awards don't matter in football and I ask, says who? Realistically J. J. is a better player compared to Kanu but awards and trophies Kanu won individually and collectively at the club and country levels has made him one of the most decorated African players and as a result FIFA place Kanu ahead of J. J.

During the World Cup J. J. was in DSTV studios analyzing games while FIFA picked Kanu as a delegate to Russia amongst other legends like Figo, Cafu etc

On the pitch J. J. is obviously better than Kanu off the pitch Kanu is rated higher by FIFA

Okocha also played the legend tourney before the worldcup, he, Kanu and i think Finidi was invited from Nigeria.
He has been repping fifa too in some other capacity, however, you are right that Kanu is more celebrated

1 Like

Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by romeorailss: 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2018
blackboy2star:
Papilo i know say one day you will make us proud... great ad then

go angry
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Judolisco(m): 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
tintingz:
I think because of thier personalities.

Kanu has more fans than Okocha.
more trophies 2

1 Like

Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Goldmaxx(f): 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
allanphash7:
The award will surely goes to Kylian Mbappe
your mumu dey legendary
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by macfako(m): 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ekez:

Nwanna hapu na abum nwamama na ime owerri.
But i prefer okocha to kanu

Gambari pa Fulani kolejo.
Owon obonjo olote
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by positivethought: 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2018
davibid:

On the pitch J. J. is obviously better than Kanu but off the pitch Kanu is rated higher by FIFA

you are very correct, JJ made a mistake by sticking with Bolton wanderers when man u wanted him,if he had played for man u then he certainly would have won individual honours such as African player of the year n lots more that would have made him bigger that KANU, in life one simple thoughtless decision can cost one dearly but this is not taking anything away from KANU n what he was able to achieve.

1 Like

Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by joshmee4real(m): 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ekez:
One is always supporting and encouraging the young lads in the Super Eagles team,while the other that (only God knows the reason) retired when the team needs him the most is always pointing accusing fingers at players.
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Akanti50: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
princeSammyz:
IBO kwenu! Papilo making us proud since the 1st century
Shut up its IGBO not IBO fool
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by JAMSEE: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
PAPILO IS ALWAYS A BIG GUY. MARCH-ON BROS
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Horlamz009(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ekez:
Because okocha failed to be successful like kanu
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Jacobmanny(m): 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ekez:
He was a chronicle on global scene (Atlanta '96,club success stories and then his heart surgery event and later foundation) which overshadowed Okocha's brilliance on the field
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by allanphash7(m): 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2018
Even if you are been raised badly try to pretend you are not like that whenever you are outta there

What I'm i saying self?

You can't give what you don't have anyway
Goldmaxx:
your mumu dey legendary
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by bluecircle470: 1:16am On Aug 30, 2018
tintingz:
I think because of thier personalities.

Kanu has more fans than Okocha.

He even won more laurels
Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by JohnQueen(m): 6:51am On Aug 30, 2018
Honestly this comparison is uncalled for

davibid:

On the pitch J. J. is obviously better than Kanu but off the pitch Kanu is rated higher by FIFA

Re: Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London by Goldmaxx(f): 7:28am On Aug 30, 2018
allanphash7:
Even if you are been raised badly try to pretend you are not like that whenever you are outta there

What I'm i saying self?

You can't give what you don't have anyway
you need rehab OK? I'm not sure you sane

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bruno Fernandes Wins Utd's POTM For June For The 3rd Straight Time / ... / Liverpool Fans Celebrate EPL Title After Wolves Supporters Spread Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.