Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO (51549 Views)

South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense / Dapo Abiodun: Ogun State Has Highest Number Of Yahoo Yahoo Boys / Ambode: Tinubu And Fashola Owe $1.43bn Foreign Debt Not Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
MemeKing:
United States has the highest debt profile in the world
It's not good to compare peanuts and garlic. Debt is not a problem if it's been used judiciously and in sectors that are productive. We'll never know in LASG's case because they don't believe that the public deserve to know.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by madridsta007(m): 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
fergie001:
I expected Lagos' external debt profile to be high for obvious reasons....but 1.45b dollars is astronomical.....
In the times past,the budget spending of Lagos have been challenged to be made public...but its been treated in a conclave...
The FOI have been used,Lagos has gone to Court that the FOI is a Federal law and not binding on states...Ganduje had joined when quizzed for Kano....I also know their colleagues in other states will shamelessly do same......

Abeg,where Abia 100million dollars enter biko nu?
I wonder where Abia's own entered,obviously the Dan Bauwa or whatever of Daura,Ikuku and his father and then the current "Igbo Aregbese!"

God will help us.....debts our children will still be paying..
Ask those same Governors if they are been owed security votes now?
That one is up to date.......
Pathetic!

That is what I asked myself. Where did Abia's $100m go to?
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by moufan: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
ebenholer:

There is nothing to justify Lagos being in debt, a state with monthly internal revenues that is up to thrice the allocations gotten from FG, and u think such state should be justified. How many Job opportunities has Ambode created since he assumed office, hundred of thousands u think.
guy,shut up.you know nothing about economics and people are trying to school you about debt profiles you are still showing your ignorance.of course lagos is meant to have the highest debt profile because of its economy and population but you know nothing
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by Bizibi(m): 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
Edo state!!!! Hmmm......
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by CSTR1005: 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
chuksanambra:
The largest economies are run on debt. The USA has a debt of not less than 8 trillion dollars.

Only economically viable economies attract lenders. Somewhere like that forest called Ebonyi can't attract investors and lenders.
Japan, CHINA, NORWAY don't run on debts. They lend to nations.

If the US can help it, they wouldn't borrow. That humongous debt is what they are trying to wiggle out of.

Debt is not a good thing. It is not a sign of progress.
And when you now equate the kleptomania present in Nigeria with the high rate of borrowing, ebonyi state citizens are potentially better off.
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by grandstar(m): 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
ebenholer:

Not holistic jystifying Lagos state being in debt, a state with monthly internal revenues that is up to thrice the allocations gotten from FG, and u think such state should be justified. How many Job opportunities has Ambode created since he assumed office, hundred of thousands u think.

Lagos state revenue is a joke when compared to cities like Dubai ( 2m people with $12b revenue) or New York City (8m people with $75b budget.

Lagos with 20m people has a revenue of barely $2b!

Lagos probably creates jobs but not discernable. By reconstructing roads, providing street lights, buying patrol vehicles for the police, providing strong institutions, it makes the city livable, increases productivity and attracts businesses in droves.

It is not the duty of Lagos state to directly employ unneeded workers in order to reduce unemployment. It shows poor financial indiscipline and now many states are unable to pay workers salaries, a vast majority who do next to nothing at their desk.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by cascarino(m): 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
giles14:
chai!!!!!! obiano has killed anambra 7th on the list
The funniest part of it is that those hypocrites have all gone mute. Had it being Imo state is the one in that their position, you would have heard them by now calling Rochas all sorts of unprintable names.

I even read one shameless comment above by one of his paid e-warriors trying to justify it by saying it's as a result of their being credit worthy.

They will always have excuses to give!
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by masseratti: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
fergie001:
I expected Lagos' external debt profile to be high for obvious reasons....but 1.45b dollars is astronomical.....
In the times past,the budget spending of Lagos have been challenged to be made public...but its been treated in a conclave...
The FOI have been used,Lagos has gone to Court that the FOI is a Federal law and not binding on states...Ganduje had joined when quizzed for Kano....I also know their colleagues in other states will shamelessly do same......

I wonder where Abia's own entered,obviously the Dan Bauwa or whatever of Daura,Ikuku and his father and then the current "Igbo Aregbese!"

Pathetic!
that's why we should make sure we vote credible ppl in the states house of assembly
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by chijokz(m): 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2018
chuksanambra:
The largest economies are run on debt. The USA has a debt of not less than 8 trillion dollars.

Only economically viable economies attract lenders. Somewhere like that forest called Ebonyi can't attract investors and lenders.
On point!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by MONITZ: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2018
[quote author=SmilingMary post=70724796]See Oshiomhole has put us (Edo) in huge debts. For God sake where did 239m dollars enter in this state? No industry, no meaningful project, just few roads, damn, I weep for my country[/quote.

And the useless midget even had the temerity to accuse some persons of corruption but forgot to mention that he himself was corruption personified,short man short sense,that's how they roll in the APC ..
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by Minjim: 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
And some F9 ppl will come here and start shouting Aregbesola as if Osun is the only state owin
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by SpearHead: 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
chuksanambra:

Stop leaving in dreamland and visit ebonyi state. Show me what anambra has that it's not in ebony... Mpama
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by hardeytarhyour(m): 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
and where are spending these money to, they are not paying salaries, they are not creating jobs

Nigeria is full of corruption
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by Jokerman(m): 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
cascarino:
The funniest part of it is that those hypocrites have all gone mute. Had it being Imo state is the one in that their position, you would have heard them by now calling Rochas all sorts of unprintable names.

I even read one shameless comment above by one of his paid e-warriors trying to justify it by saying it's as a result of their being credit worthy.

They will always have excuses to give!

What are you saying about Edo state??
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by Realname: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
gurunlocker:
At least, the state is developing.... Unlike the FG that keep borrowing funds with no result...
Who says there's no result?

Haven't you seen all the new sophisticated rifles bokoharam and the killer herdsmen are carrying about ?
Bokoharam now has an Apache helicopter, do you think all these bombs and weapons bokoharam use are cheap ? angry

Check your facts next time !
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by SmilingMary(m): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
[quote author=MONITZ post=70726447][/quote]

Brother that's a typical scenario with our politicians.

Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by Mbediogu(m): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
And people criticize Rocha's! I am not his apologist but let's for once appreciate him on this!
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by deomelo: 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
Enugu, 127.9 million dollars.

Anambra owing 107.4 million dollars

While these ignorant and unintelligent Igbos rage over Lagos state, s state with more than enough capacity to pay their debt and also have more than enough economic,mega and vital projects to justify their debts with while ignoring their own poor, unproductive and economically depressed states like Enugu and Anambra incurring heavy debts with absolutely nothing to show.

States with absolutely dead and hopeless future

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by chuksanambra: 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
SpearHead:

Stop leaving in dreamland and visit ebonyi state. Show me what anambra has that it's not in ebony... Mpama

Not only Ebony, na MIC. Wawa illiterate.

The one we changed Abakaliki Rd to Club Rd is small. Very soon, we'll still change the name of the entire Ebonyi state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by yarimo(m): 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
[quote author=MONITZ post=70726447][/quote]please provide documents to back up your claim as evidence to appropriate security agency or keep quiet
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by deomelo: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by Arda1000(m): 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
chuksanambra:

ebonyi forest? U must be a lifeless zombie
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by ivandragon: 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2018
fergie001:

Pathetic!

that's just FOREIGN DEBT...

local debt has not been factored into it...
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by deomelo: 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
Enugu, 127.9 million dollars.

Oyo, 106.34 million dollars

Ogun, 105.3 million dollars

Osun, 101.5 million dollars

The poor and unproductive ipob states actually owe more debt than Osun, Ogun and Oyo states with absolutely nothing to show

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by cascarino(m): 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mbediogu:
And people criticize Rocha's! I am not his apologist but let's for once appreciate him on this!
I have always known that Rochas is not as bad as critics portray him to be.

All these online castigation is a calculated attempt by his political enemies to tarnish his image and reduce his popularity as he aspires to be the president of Nigeria.
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by deomelo: 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by TundeBricklayer: 7:34pm On Aug 29, 2018
deomelo:

Mediocrity is all they have to show

Ode Anambra is lowest in domestic debt, while your poor state Osun is one of the highest in domestic, civil servants in Osun are on strike while you are salivating over Anambra,

Re: Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO by deomelo: 7:43pm On Aug 29, 2018

[img]https://4.bp..com/-dsUedjYENsA/Ws-DwxB1ExI/AAAAAAABT8M/q1kGQh4JpDIGvNmns_-jLzuemVD1odAeQCLcBGAs/s1600/lagos-blue-line-02.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-YpJv0JnxSbY/Ws-DxewFV4I/AAAAAAABT8Q/08-EtsIWBYAL4g0j6x8A2c9pfpdXG7hFACLcBGAs/s1600/lagos-blue-rail0.jpg[/img]

This project is responsible for most of the debt, but moving at least 700,000 Lagosians every day when operational, it means at the minimum N200 x 700,000 riders/day = Over N3 Billion per month.

More than enough to pay off the state's entire debt in no time

It's all about what you do with your debt

This is why Lagos state is always leading across the board

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SARS Officer Smoking In Port-Harcourt During Election While On Duty. Photos / A Man Who Celebrated N1Billion In Bayelsa Is Poor Now / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.