Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? (29161 Views)

What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? / Which Skill Can I Learn With My Phone And Data / What Profitable Skill Can I Learn Now Before The End Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah but the skills are very hard to learn but the best for a woman. The makeup, baking and all that small stuff is overrated and you can't make much from them frankly.
Nothing is hard to learn in this life.

Just a matter of mindset and passion.

3 Likes

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by wman(m): 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2018
GrammarNazi1:
A lot...skills like...are...
Keep up the good work Bro. You're doing a great job of educating Nairalanders.

2 Likes

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by SmartyPants(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2018
Mizk:
I am learning both, just that java seems more useful than html, i was interested in html because i wanted to create a website, then i discovered wordpress, joomla, and co, but Java is another thing entirely.

My journey has been very similar to yours (as i started out because i wanted to build a website), except that after learning html, CSS and Wordpress i decided to take the digital marketing route as opposed to the programming/web development route.

Wishing you a successful web development/programming journey!
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by noble234: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
Just in case you care for some skills and a career in Computer Graphics and Digital Media.

Thanks

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
MY SIS, IF YOU ARE CREATIVE. I SUGGEST YOU GO INTO FASHION DESIGNING AND TAILORING.
ITS THE BEST JOB OUT THERE RIGHT NOW AND ALSO HAVE A BETTER PROSPECT FOR THE FUTURE

OR BETTER STILL

YOU CAN LEARN FOREX TRADING.......

ASK ME HOW

1 Like

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Mizk(f): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
SmartyPants:

My journey has been very similar to yours (as i started out because i wanted to build a website), except that after learning html, CSS and Wordpress i decided to take the digital marketing route as opposed to the programming/web development route.

Wishing you a successful web development/programming journey!
Thanks
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Mizk(f): 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
henry49:
Still learning. check out www.Adworkmedia.com and www.cpagrip.com . They're into LEAD GENERATION. there are several ways to make money with them. there are guys who make up to $250 daily. just check them out! How do I reach you? I'm about to go! Thanks for the conversation!
Send a pm
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2018
Mizk:
Send a pm
I've done just that!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Born2Breed(f): 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
henry49:
Really? Even carpentary, Iron benders, Bricklayers: No gender-specificity? Nna, you too much!

I swear, him wan kill woman pikin. Any skills ke!

1 Like

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Xuga(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ewhoring cool....
Concentrate on foreign clients only...
And as a lady you would have no problem closing a sale...

Probably make about $2000 every month..
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Roh50(f): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2018
Colourich:
If you can learn graphic design and ms excel and other computer packages, you will not find work.

how do you mean? Can you expatiate on it pls
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2018
Roh50:

how do you mean? Can you expatiate on it pls
There are some computer packages you need to learn, some computer programming, graphic design and others. If you have this skill, even companies will look for you. There is an IT firm that seek for people that have this skill and many people don't have it and the vacancy was just open.

1 Like

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by ElRapido: 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2018
henry49:
After that, what?
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by calliope(f): 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2018
hardeytarhyour:
Tailoring features in both Male and Female designAlso, Tinko designing both Male and Female
You forgot to add "fonis embroidery" they both go hand in hand and also learn how to use Industrial weaving machine.

These are vital, if you must do tailoring features.
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by DonPikko: 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
Colourich:
There are some computer packages you need to learn, some computer programming, graphic design and others. If you have this skill, even companies will look for you. There is an IT firm that seek for people that have this skill and many people don't have it and the vacancy was just open.
there are even some IT job positions that are open to females only
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by gbengalite(m): 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
For now, the HOTTEST SKILLSET people can learn is DIGITAL MARKETING, especially LADIES.
After learning you can earn from 50K-500K and even sit at home as a freelancer for clients' social pages, email marketing etc

It’s simply the digital way of showcasing your brand/product to a wider audience. Digital marketing is the marketing of your product or service online while making use of digital channels. As such, it’s a more proper name instead of ‘online marketing’ or ‘internet marketing’. You need to understand what digital marketing is not and what it is.

To learn more from YUUDIGITAL click here

1 Like

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by bigl: 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2018
labake1:
Getting a job has been a challenge. So please as a lady, what skill do you think one can learn?
What lucrative skill can you advice your sister to acquire?

Your input will be appreciated.
Thanks

1. Still Graphics (Logos, etc using Photoshop)
2. 2d/3d Motion Graphics (using After Effects, 3d Studio Max, etc)
3. Social Media Marketting (If u have access to internet, there are Jillions of Courses on that)
4. Musical Instruments - Piano, Guitar, Drums etc - If u are focused and disciplined, you can learn in about 2-4months
5. Digital Photography - 1-3 months with serious learning/practice - become a photographer
6. Cinematography - Learn how to handle video camera, gears, etc

There are quite a lot of stuffs you can learn on your own and become proficient, only and only "if you want to"

1 Like

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2018
cool cool cool[color=#000099][/color]
inoki247:
Stripper or Yahoo.

dey will soon come for my head...
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 30, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Become a plumber or an electrician. I know these are very hard skills for a woman but think about if you are able to learn them very well. You can leverage the fact that you are a woman and use it to get plenty customers. Plumbers for one make a lot of coded money and have no competition cause very few people wanna do it. With your education you could repackage the thing and go very far.

Correct post cool. I would add carpentry too (furniture making to be precise.)
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by ykfavour(m): 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2018
Kindly look inward to discover what you have great passion for and realistic in Nigeria market today and will eventually last long. Put in your best and believe in yourself. Commit everything to God, Success is sure

1 Like

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by lovemaths(f): 4:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
Mizk:
I love it, especially html and java, i find mysql too advanced for now.

I am a Computer Science graduate and I love programming too.

1 Like

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by DonTim1: 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2018
Mizk:
I love it, especially html and java, i find mysql too advanced for now.

Mysql should be easier, leave Java o, except you want to write 1+1 programs, when jungle mature, you would wish you didn't start Java. But nice to know you learning IT
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Mizk(f): 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2018
DonTim1:

Mysql should be easier, leave Java o, except you want to write 1+1 programs, when jungle mature, you would wish you didn't start Java. But nice to know you learning IT
grinEveryone keeps saying this, kinda getting scary.
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Mizk(f): 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2018
lovemaths:

I am a Computer Science graduate and I love programming too.
Wao so you actually honing your skills? Or you abandoned everything after school?
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by lovemaths(f): 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2018
Mizk:
Wao so you actually honing your skills? Or you abandoned everything after school?

I am honing my skills
Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by Mizk(f): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
lovemaths:

I am honing my skills
Which of them exactly?

1 Like

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by jayinfo2(m): 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2018
JacksonOyibo:

IT based skills like Data Science and Data Analysis.

Pls go for this. I'm so certain u will be very thankful to God u did.

1 Like

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by pressplay411(m): 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
ikeno:
hairdressing,
fashion designer,
makeup artist.

Haba this is what I call sexist though.
Why limit them to these na.

Op you can learn any skill that is in line with your interest, dream and passion. From Technical skills, IT skills to Artistic skills.

According to your interest, dream and passion. Very important.

2 Likes

Re: What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? by DonTim1: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2018
Mizk:
grinEveryone keeps saying this, kinda getting scary.

Let me suggest that you try the Cisco, Microsoft tech that don't involve programming, just gui and logical setups, you will enjoy it and it's well suited for the female folks.

Imagine waking up at 2:37am to update a class you just figured how to implement and you still have to bath baby and prepare another for school before 7am.

Or forgo making your hair on the only day you have in the week to meet project deadline??

Lastly, if you decide to follow programming, focus on web, everything is going mobile and distributed now.

Good luck dear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site / Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / 230k Job In Nigeria Or DAAD Scholarship In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.