Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Common Sense: Nairalanders' Ethnic Wars - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Common Sense: Nairalanders' Ethnic Wars (291 Views)

35 Common Sense That Makes Sense. / I Wish More Nairalanders Could Appear To Have Common Sense When They Post / Alleged N525b Loot In Abia And Common Sense: Matters Arising By AUF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Common Sense: Nairalanders' Ethnic Wars by crayon001(m): 8:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
Nairaland has become a regular on my routine internet visits daily. In fact, it is the default homepage on my Google Chrome browser.

Regular visits to me means staying abreast of latest information cutting across every relevant niche, from politics, sports, entertainment down to gossips and jibes like the now famous 'lifeless...' You know how best to end the quote.

The benefit of being a user or regular visitor is enormous, but it leaves me with concerns - The deepening of our ethnic divide. Nearly every thread created has one or more Igbo/afonja/skull-miner/ipod post in the comment section.

While those comments look seemingly harmless, it further deepens our ethnic divides, bringing to the fore, our irrationalities which have been and still is, Nigeria's foremost problem. Nearly everything done in Nigeria, especially in politics and governance, derides competence downplayed by 'federal character', thereby promoting mediocrity and ethnic sensationalism.

In my opinion, we can condemn the act and the actor(s) with no reference to ethnicity and/or religion.

I'm not Ben Murray Bruce but I want to make common sense.
Re: Common Sense: Nairalanders' Ethnic Wars by meobizy(f): 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
crayon001:
Nairaland has become a regular on my routine internet visits daily. In fact, it is the default homepage on my Google Chrome browser.

Regular visits to me means staying abreast of latest information cutting across every relevant niche, from politics, sports, entertainment down to gossips and jibes like the now famous 'lifeless...' You know how best to end the quote.

The benefit of being a user or regular visitor is enormous, but it leaves me with concerns - The deepening of our ethnic divide. Nearly every thread created has one or more Igbo/afonja/skull-miner/ipod post in the comment section.

While those comments look seemingly harmless, it further deepens our ethnic divides, bringing to the fore, our irrationalities which have been and still is, Nigeria's foremost problem. Nearly everything done in Nigeria, especially in politics and governance, derides competence downplayed by 'federal character', thereby promoting mediocrity and ethnic sensationalism.

In my opinion, we can condemn the act and the actor(s) with no reference to ethnicity and/or religion.

I'm not Ben Murray Bruce but I want to make common sense.
The ethnic insults don't mean anything. They are only the vituperations of children unable to speak their minds in the real world. If you investigate deep into the situation you'll find out it is the same twenty or less users with multiple accounts falsely magnifying the chaos.
In the real world it is only one or two people one comes across with such strong opinions. The funny part is those in real life eat suya, consume alabukun and are attracted to a Chinwe or Amaka, who are they then fooling?
Don't worry yourself. The members of this forum are inconsequential in real world matters.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Good News To N-power / CNN Uncovers Paris Park Where Nigerian Women Forcefully Engage In Prostitution / Nairaland Admins Are Biased And Disgraceful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.