Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:29 AM

Please Help: My Boy's Head Is Covered With This Infection - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help: My Boy's Head Is Covered With This Infection (1744 Views)

Help! My Head Is Embarrassingly Big. Makes Me Sad / Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! / My Head Is Getting Bald And It Is Making Me Feel Depressed,pls Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: My Boy's Head Is Covered With This Infection by objobj: 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
Dear NLders, kindly help me with any hint conventional or otherwise, on how I can get rid of this fungi infection that has taken over the scalp of my son. I have seen a dermatologist on this, they gave me some shampoo, tube cream and oral tablets which l have used for months. Yet its not gone. It only stop spreading further. I understand it's called lapalapa in yoruba.

Any good suggestion will be considered.

Re: Please Help: My Boy's Head Is Covered With This Infection by tolugar: 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
Try and take him to a lab for sensitivity test against the said antifungal. Pls stop home remedies. While you wait, use candid lotion or epiderm lotion.
Re: Please Help: My Boy's Head Is Covered With This Infection by gidimasters(m): 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
tolugar:
Try and take him to a lab for sensitivity test against the said antifungal. Pls stop home remedies. While you wait, use candid lotion or epiderm lotion.

Can sensitivity test be done for acne? What's the sample cost �
Re: Please Help: My Boy's Head Is Covered With This Infection by tolugar: 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
gidimasters:

Can sensitivity test be done for acne? What's the sample cost �

Go to the nerest lab dear. It's very cheap
Re: Please Help: My Boy's Head Is Covered With This Infection by Laird(m): 6:51am On Aug 30, 2018
Take him to see a medical doctor
Re: Please Help: My Boy's Head Is Covered With This Infection by objobj: 10:07am On Aug 30, 2018
tolugar:

Thanks.
Re: Please Help: My Boy's Head Is Covered With This Infection by objobj: 10:16am On Aug 30, 2018
Laird:
Take him to see a medical doctor

Thank you.
I have done that anyway. Imagine a medical doctor telling me how stubborn the fungi can be that l should keep applying the sebamed shampoo and the cream. He even said his child had and it took a while before it got cured. I forced him to refere me to a dermatologist which he did. I thought the dermatologist was going to recommend a test, instead he gave me some cream to apply. These are doctors in big hospital.

When professionals are not helping in this kind of situation, it frustrates.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Addicted To This White Chalk. Nzu In Igbo. And Eko In Edo.. / How To Use CBD Oil For Pain, Anxiety And Hair Loss? / The Best Facial Cleanser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.