Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter (14440 Views)

Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses / Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General / Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by NwaOhafia: 10:45am On Aug 30, 2018
How I wish stuffs like this could happen in Nigeria embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by thorpido(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2018
Isn't it his personal account? This American law system sha.
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by TEYA: 10:45am On Aug 30, 2018
coluka:
All these liberal activist judges in the US, there time will end soon by the time Trump is done packing the courts with conservative judges
And your type will say Buhari is against freedom of expression.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by Spidermon: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2018
In as much as he issues public statements in his capacity as POTUS, then his twitter account is deemed as an official communications channel.

It just pains me that the only sort of comms I get from my own presidency never comes from Buhari....understandably because he is intellectually attenuated.

God bless America.
God pls forgive Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by OhiOfIhima: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2018
SirLakes:
Lol,

Someone cannot block people on twitter in peace again lipsrsealed undecided

As a public servant i dont think dat is allow... Not d case of our country ooo but in a sane society where freedom of speech is adhere to.
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by Lordofthewest(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2018
People who talk sh#t about others are the ones who reject criticism the most.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by OhiOfIhima: 10:49am On Aug 30, 2018
Spidermon:
In as much as he issues public statements in his capacity as POTUS, then his twitter account is deemed as an official communications channel.

It just pains me that the only sort of comms I get from my own presidency never comes from Buhari....understandably because he is intellectually attenuated.

God bless America.
God pls forgive Nigeria.

Everything been manage by aides.. What a shame.Who knows if Buhari dey even read news papers or watch tele

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by okc4nairaland: 10:49am On Aug 30, 2018
And my country want to sign bill on hate speech
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by SirLakes: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

As a public servant i dont think dat is allow... Not d case of our country ooo but in a sane society where freedom of speech is adhere to.

Shebi it is his own personal handle,
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by Pinkybush: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2018
If it was in this Zoo our president who is suffering from ear infection wouldn't have unblock those people. He would've employed up to 100 SANs to challenge the case.

A case study of a lifeless country govern by a lifeless president and supervise by lifeless cabals.
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2018
Now this is democracy.
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by coluka: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2018
TEYA:

And your type will say Buhari is against freedom of expression.

It's his personal twitter account we're talking about here not a government information source. He has a right to his own privacy on his own personal social media accounts. This judge is just a liberal activist judge and I am sure this nonsensical ruling will be tossed out on appeal
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2018
Is this POTUS twitter account or Donald Trump personal account? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by idonhammer: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2018
it still does not change the fact that bubu is lifeless

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by josephubah111(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2018
Mum talk
tmtech:
way to go.... since he always do his press conference on Twitter, he has to accommodate every comment .
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by josephubah111(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2018
Mumu talk
tmtech:
way to go.... since he always do his press conference on Twitter, he has to accommodate every comment .
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by Successdude(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2018
Racoon:
Good! This should serve as a warning to leaders who downgrade/oppress others but are intolerant of their own dose of medicine like the dullard Nigeria have today on seat.

stop comparing Buhari to Trump. Let us respect ourselves as Nigerians. ...
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by pawpzman: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2018
This is civilization. Meanwhile others in Nigeria view critics as hate speech
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by AlphaStyles(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2018
lmao person get twitter account e no fit block who e wan block again all in the name of free speech
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by kawaodne(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2018
Massive rubbish!!! BUHARI MUST GO....
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by itu404(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2018
There it goes! the most UN- presidential man on earth can not even take criticism yet he does that to UK, CANADA, EU AND RECENTLY, NIGERIA LEADERS!
A leader indeed that is why he can not match his predecessor a first class gentleman. The world no longer takes his words serious can not do much without congress so we are not bothered to have such an irrational man as the most powerful in the worl

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by Sijo01(f): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2018
Why will God not bless America when the rights of citizens is paramount.
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by jaytee01(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2018
Nwaohafia1:

How can determine what one can do in a Personal social media account?
As long as he keeps tweeting on government decisions, policies, foreign relations issues and other government issues on the account, he loses those rights to restrict access to the account.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by Ballmer: 10:59am On Aug 30, 2018
abokibuhari:
grin If only they can block that LIFELESS cow from 2019 election cool

Who are the they ? Your father in hell right.
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by VULCAN(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2018
What's much more pathetic is a fellow who insults another country's president, all the while insulting people who insult his own president.

Ijaya123:
Trump, petty-minded and a kid in an old man’s body.

With such comments, these bunch have confirmed that their brains are lifeless. Baseless hatred for PMB and terrible attempt at playing opposition has turned them into moronic zombies, incapable of objective and rational reasoning, always spewing trash. I wonder if they are even educated.

Very irredeemable and pathetic lots.

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by chronique(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2018
That's his personal account and he deserves the right to block whoever he wants. His twitter account isn't the same as the account for the US government and it isn't a property of the government of the United States of America. The judge who gave that order needs a brain check. No matter how much I criticize buhari, his twitter account is his personal property and I don't have a right to be allowed to follow or view it if he blocks me. Let's stop supporting rubbish in the name of freedom of expression.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by Ijaya123: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2018
VULCAN:
What's much more pathetic is a fellow who insults another country's president, all the while insulting people who insult his own president.

Are you one of them? If my comment pains you, deal with it.
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by Burger01(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2018
smiley
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by tmtech: 11:09am On Aug 30, 2018
josephubah111:
Mumu talk
shebi u know beta than the judge....
run along kid
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by JUHABACH: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2018
Majornuggets:
For crying out loud it is his personal twitter account undecided anyways what do I know

he is the president of the United States and routinely issues policy decisions through his twitter account. at that point, it is basically an official account by implication. blocking citizens as such would be a 1st amendment violation.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by Roger3D(m): 11:17am On Aug 30, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
God bless Donald Abubakar Trump
Oga bloodykiller dem go ban you again
Re: Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter by kawaodne(m): 11:17am On Aug 30, 2018
idonhammer:
it still does not change the fact that bubu is lifeless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenyan Woman, Lucy Gihuhi Wins Senate Seat In Australia / President Robert Mugabe's Impeachment Process Has Begun (Live Video) / Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.