Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,805 members, 7,806,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy (11211 Views)

Tinubu Thrives In Controversy, Yet He Succeeds All The Time. / Onitsha River Port Concession To Generate Over ₦50 Billion Revenue / Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by higgs: 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2018
Guys, read carefully before commenting. They submitted a bid bond bearing a different name and insufficient validity. That's a material reason for disqualification. Let's always do things properly before protesting and shouting fraud.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by buharitill2023: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
Xander85:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

See how Kaduna port was completed and is now operating smoothly with everyone grinning from ear to ear with satisfaction, but when it comes to a federal project in the south-east, all you hear is story, excuses and challenges! wink

You see how the Kaduna airport was completed on schedule and within a few weeks, and is now running int'l operations? Now turn the page to the issue of AIIA-Enugu, and you have the aviation minister of state (visiting the so called int'l airport a few weeks back for first time since being appointed minister in 2015) reeling out a catalogue of woes and challenges facing the airport that prevents it from operating optimally....problems which still persist today as we speak!

The airforce (or army...can't remember which one) is occupying a spot that prevents the expansion of the airports operations. Governor Ugwuanyi has offered them another even bigger location someplace else, but guess what.....you guessed right wink....they've refused to budge! shocked

You couldn't make it up! grin grin
buharitill2023:
your fellow aggressive terrorist drag the matter to court just to slow down development and be crying of marginalisation.
Other region work perfectly, like Bari port and kaduna dry port,
But the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist will not allowed us to develop their region.
Because of their personal gain they halt national development.
I just hate all these idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist.
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by buharitill2023: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
Demolaeby:
All for 2019 election. APC deceiving the Easterners since 1752 BC
and pdp completed it since 1752.
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by BelovedBuhari(m): 1:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
Bros get small sense na.

Why didn't this happened in the Baro Port Concession case?

The bidders going to court and causing this delay are still South Easterners. Abi shey na Federal Government cause am again?

You made an error in your submitted bid and the agency moved on to shortlist those that were serious. Why all these court cases again to create an unnecessary delay.

If Prince Arthur Eze's Company eventually wins the final bid, this ITC owned by SEasterners too will still continue their fight.

If all the four qualified bidders were northerners or Yorubas now, we for don deaf from una wailing. Now na your brothers dey cause delay, u dey wail again

Xander85:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

See how Kaduna port was completed and is now operating smoothly with everyone grinning from ear to ear with satisfaction, but when it comes to a federal project in the south-east, all you hear is story, excuses and challenges! wink

You see how the Kaduna airport was completed on schedule and within a few weeks, and is now running int'l operations? Now turn the page to the issue of AIIA-Enugu, and you have the aviation minister of state (visiting the so called int'l airport a few weeks back for first time since being appointed minister in 2015) reeling out a catalogue of woes and challenges facing the airport that prevents it from operating optimally....problems which still persist today as we speak!

The airforce (or army...can't remember which one) is occupying a spot that prevents the expansion of the airports operations. Governor Ugwuanyi has offered them another even bigger location someplace else, but guess what.....you guessed right wink....they've refused to budge! shocked

You couldn't make it up! grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by Xander85: 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I don't want to hear anything about Enugu airport after the malfeasance of Stella Oduah as Aviation minister. She was in power and had every opportunity in the world to upgrade that airport to world class standard and left an embarrassing mess behind sinking billions with no result to show.

Then skip over my posts when you see them or else 'hear about Enugu airport' you will!

Care to point out anywhere in my post history where i've stated Senator Oduah did enough for AIIA-Enugu? She may not have done enough, but she did something...even in the face of the challenges she would have faced by the usual Igbo haters and traducers who eventually put pressure on GEJ to sack her over an administrative error of which the likes of Buhari and his mob have done much worse but are still sitting pretty in office!

It's because of her that AIIA will have a new int'l terminal, even if the Buhari/APC gov't has abandoned it while the ones in Kano, Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja are soon to be commissioned!

Your argument is that since you think Senator Oduah did nothing for AIIA-Enugu, then it's ok for Buhari and his anti-Igbo gov't to ignore it! Silly argument dude!
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by BelovedBuhari(m): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
Would Wailers like Xander85 ever reason like you blessed soul?

No. They are reeking with hatred already. Nothing is good to them

higgs:
Guys, read carefully before commenting. They submitted a bid bond bearing a different name and insufficient validity. That's a material reason for disqualification. Let's always do things properly before protesting and shouting fraud.
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by buharitill2023: 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2018
Odingo1:
Nigeria don't have interest to allow any port to function in Eastern region be it SE or SS.
buharitill2023:
[/quote][quote author=buharitill2023 post=70749016]your fellow aggressive terrorist drag the matter to court just to slow down development and be crying of marginalisation.
But the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist will not allowed us to develop their region.
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by Xander85: 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2018
buharitill2023:
your fellow aggressive terrorist drag the matter to court just to slow down development and be crying of marginalisation.

Dude, hate coming from a diseased toerag like you is something i'll cherish and wear like a badge of honour! It can only mean i'm getting under your skin!

Now piss off! wink
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by docadams: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2018
Blue3k:
Most of the commenters didnt even read the story. Its funny you can tell by the vague platitudes. No mention of ICT case, FG's response to claim, or the various details about cocession. The mystery is which 2 firms won the concession.

Innate hatred won't allow them to read to understand.
It will surely be two firms from that region or, at least one, just so to avoid unnecessary furore. Again, there lies the danger when two Ibo brothers are allowed to struggle for control of a business. It will usually be a do or doom affair.
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by Blue3k(m): 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
There are 3 qualified short listed firms according to the article being Oranto Petroluem, Universal Elysium Consortium and Inland Containers Terminals Limited. The MD said they have an Igbo concessionaire in an article I posted a few weeks ago. Unless Universal Elysium Consortium is an Igbo company its going 1. I still believe ICTL will be declared one of the winners considers their success in Kaduna.

While confirming that the Onitsha and Baro  River ports have been concessioned through a competitive process, he added that the concessionaire of Onitsha port is of Igbo origin to make the management of the port easy.

source

docadams:

It will surely be two firms from that region or, at least one, just so to avoid unnecessary furore. Again, there lies the danger when two Ibo brothers are allowed to struggle for control of a business. It will us ually be a do or doom affair.
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by docadams: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
Blue3k:
There are 3 qualified short listed firms according to the article being Oranto Petroluem, Universal Elysium Consortium and Inland Containers Terminals Limited. The MD said they have an Igbo concessionaire in an article I posted a few weeks ago. Unless Universal Elysium Consortium is an Igbo company its going 1. I still believe ICTL will be declared one of the winners considers their success in Kaduna.

What I can't understand is why Onitsha inland port became this problematic. I witness its construction and and also the dredging of the River Niger. So it is really shocking that at this final stage avoidable administrative bottleneck is what is threatening its realisation.
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by mapet: 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2018
Blue3k:

While confirming that the Onitsha and Baro River ports have been concessioned through a competitive process, he added that the concessionaire of Onitsha port is of Igbo origin to make the management of the port easy.
docadams:

It will surely be two firms from that region or, at least one, just so to avoid unnecessary furore. Again, there lies the danger when two Ibo brothers are allowed to struggle for control of a business. It will us ually be a do or doom affair.

What I find off-putting is Nigerian companies getting themselves into "technical-offside" in bidding process, then resorting to courts for help. It is ridiculous and useless when you do not do your checks well enough and looking for technical loop-holes. ITC just reminds me of how Adenuga was disqualified in the first GSM bidding process, claiming the mandatory deposit was put in a holding account in anticipation of another validation from the bid committee. Now the concession take-off is being delayed and we all suffer for it.
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
Xander85:

Then skip over my posts when you see them or else 'hear about Enugu airport' you will!

Care to point out anywhere in my post history where i've stated Senator Oduah did enough for AIIA-Enugu? She may not have done enough, but she did something...even in the face of the challenges she would have faced by the usual Igbo haters and traducers who eventually put pressure on GEJ to sack her over an administrative error of which the likes of Buhari and his mob have done much worse but are still sitting pretty in office!

It's because of her that AIIA will have a new int'l terminal, even if the Buhari/APC gov't has abandoned it while the ones in Kano, Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja are soon to be commissioned!

Your argument is that since you think Senator Oduah did nothing for AIIA-Enugu, then it's ok for Buhari and his anti-Igbo gov't to ignore it! Silly argument dude!

Then what is the point tribalizing the matter, when an Igbo woman strategically well positioned to deliver transformative changes that benefit the SE in that sector was more interested in personal enrichment and exotic cars? Why wouldn't pressure be put on GEJ to sack her for misappropriation and waste?
And no, nowhere was I suggesting Buhari should ignore anything in the SE. My post was addressed to you attempting to tribalize it and putting the blame squarely on this administration when an Igbo woman in that position under GEJ failed. Hold our leaders to account for their failures and focus less on conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by docadams: 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
mapet:

What I find off-putting is Nigerian companies getting themselves into "technical-offside" in bidding process, then resorting to courts for help. It is ridiculous and useless when you do not do your checks well enough and looking for technical loop-holes. ITC just reminds me of how Adenuga was disqualified in the first GSM bidding process, claiming the mandatory deposit was put in a holding account in anticipation of another validation from the bid committee. Now the concession take-off is being delayed and we all suffer for it.

You've got a good memory. Years down the line same old tale. I fear for a protracted legal battle if left alone to the parties and the courts I will suggest political pressure be brought to bear on the parties especially by the SE states. But unfortunately, one of them, Anambra is an interested party. Let's hope the project is not heading for doom.
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by Yyeske(m): 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2018
BelovedBuhari:
Bros get small sense na.

Why didn't this happened in the Baro Port Concession case?

The bidders going to court and causing this delay are still South Easterners. Abi shey na Federal Government cause am again?

You made an error in your submitted bid and the agency moved on to shortlist those that were serious. Why all these court cases again to create an unnecessary delay.

If Prince Arthur Eze's Company eventually wins the final bid, this ITC owned by SEasterners too will still continue their fight.

If all the four qualified bidders were northerners or Yorubas now, we for don deaf from una wailing. Now na your brothers dey cause delay, u dey wail again

Don't mind those haters, some won't even read up the post but would be fast to comment and showing their bile filled hearts.
The company delaying the concessioning is owned by someone from the SE but see how they are trying to twist the story around.
He even mentioned the Enugu airport that was only repainted by Stella Oduah, while other Nigerians shouted to the high heavens about the shoddy job she did and the billions allocated gone, same wailers told everyone who cares to listen that they should leave their daughter, sister etc and they should stop witch hunting her.
They are now looking for who to blame now
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by Kingspin(m): 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2018
AFTER THEY SAY BUHARI WILL HAND OVER TO IBOS, RUBBISH POLITICS.

IF YOU CANNOT DEVELOP NIGERIA FORGET IT
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
mapet:

Guess the bold is the only line you read in the piece
For 3 and half years una de still give all forms of excuses.
Re: Conclusion Of N4.5bn Onitsha River Port Concession Mired In Controversy by LadyExcellency: 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2018
Odingo1:
Nigeria don't have interest to allow any port to function in Eastern region be it SE or SS.

You know the game, forget the nonsense above. It was part of the script

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crisis Looms As Reps Clash Over Principal Offices / There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara / Look Beyond APC - Ekweremadu Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.