Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Exercise Your Franchise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exercise Your Franchise (396 Views)

2023 Elections: Exercise Your Civic Responsibility - Participatenow Charges / Go Out And Exercise Your Civic Duty~says Deputy Speaker, Southwest Youth Parliam / Photo: Exercise Your Franchise, Vote Wisely- Buhari To Delegates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exercise Your Franchise by Kayceenaz(m): 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
The advent of social media has made many Nigerians netizens, who utilize it to criticize the policies of government of the day and crystallize their expectations. In as much as this has proved effective in swaying actions of government our way sometimes, our clamour for a better Nigeria would be a half-done meal if we don't obtain either our temporary or permanent voter's card and vote.

I make bold to say that it is not enough to only rant, insult political office-holders and their descendants, and nestle in prayers to God Almighty. Don't you ever get weary? God gave us human reason and the capacity to use it to act for a reason. Are you disappointing Him? No favourable change would occur if we continue to bask in our comfort zones and just nag without action. At this pitiable point in our national life full of misgovernance and rudderlessness, Nigeria needs you! "Would my vote count?" "If no, is it not better to trade either my PVC or vote for money and some household items?" Perchance these are your thoughts, your vote would mostly likely count (our electoral system has improved) and collecting that bag of rice or gallon of groundnut oil means that you are cheering inept politicians to victory, ridding them of leadership obligations to you. "But the crowd at registration venues is mammoth, when will it get to my turn?" It is better to be patient for few hours than to do same under too corrupt, clueless government conditions for the next four years.

More so, voting concerns you, because government affects the company and conditions wherein you work, availability of opportunities to fulfill your potentials, school you or your children attend, your religion, the roads you ply and hospitals you visit, and your living standard. You would be indirectly solving a problem. Sacrifice today, the deadline, to get your key to unlock doors to a more prosperous nation.

As voter's registration ends today, let us demonstrate a solid understanding of Ralph Emerson's saying "Action speaks louder than words." Indeed, God will help us, social media (including Nairaland) will assist us, but we must complete the sequence to a societal system that works by getting our voter's cards and voting. I've gotten mine, have you gotten yours?

Kaycee Naze
(Rational Pen)

Re: Exercise Your Franchise by Kayceenaz(m): 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
CC:Lalasticlala
Re: Exercise Your Franchise by Kayceenaz(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2018
cc:lalasticlala
Re: Exercise Your Franchise by Dreamkiller: 8:16am On Aug 31, 2018
NO ELECTION IN 2019.
Re: Exercise Your Franchise by Kayceenaz(m): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2018
Dreamkiller:
NO ELECTION IN 2019.
And when did you become the INEC chairman? Kindly don't desecrate this thread with bogus news.
Re: Exercise Your Franchise by Kayceenaz(m): 8:24am On Aug 31, 2018
cc:lalasticlala
Re: Exercise Your Franchise by gentlegenius(m): 8:45am On Aug 31, 2018
Yea... We must get our PVC, and use it again buhari.

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy For The Post Of MD/CEO In 2019 / President Buhari Rejects Electoral Amendment Bill Again / 2019: Group Pays N45m To Buy APC Presidential Forms For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.