Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,943 members, 7,799,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company (4764 Views)

COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company / What Transport Company (in Benin City) Can One Use To Get To Ado-Ekiti? / Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
Evening everyone,

So yesterday afternoon I got a call from my business partner asking me to come to Lagos urgently. I wanted to take a night bus as money for flight no dey but a friend advised against the night journey and asked me to postpone the trip for early morning today. He also recommended I use GIG Motors and offered to help me book online as he always uses them each time he's traveling from Enugu to Lagos. Paid N7,150 for Seat 7 of the Hiace bus scheduled to move 7:45am.
Around 6:11 am today I got a text from GIG informing me they won't be having a 7:45am vehicle so I should be at the terminal by 6:45 to board the 7am bus instead. Rushed and got to the park, showed a staff my booking confirmation and they gave me my boarding ticket. Because I was transferred from another vehicle, the seat 7 which I booked wasn't available and the only available seat 2 had other passenger luggages packed on the seat. I'm a very tall guy and I'm always particular about my leg space for long road trips. I rejected the bus first first. While I was still talking to the 'boardman' the driver showed up, asked where I'm stopping in Lagos and when I told him Ajah, he said he won't carry me. Why? That he won't stop other passengers on the mainland and bring only me to their Ajah terminal. That was when my delay started. I insisted on taking the Ajah route because that is where my contact stays, plus I'm traveling on a tight budget and the ticket I booked online was for Ajah terminal. I made countless trips to the manager's office and each time he would ask them to fix me in another vehicle but there was one reason or the other why the boardman wouldn't let me in. Either they aren't going my way, the vehicle was already filled, or my legs wouldn't fit comfortably in the bus.
After about 1hr, I decided to settle for a seat 12 which is the last seat at the back because I no dey too like wahala. Thank God for a smooth but not so comfortable journey, I'm in Lagos now. Less than 1hr after I got to Lagos, I got a call from GIG customer Rep who asked how my journey was and apologized for the delay earlier. As compensation for the inconvenience, they offered me a 95% discount for my next booking with them. Sounds cool yeah? cool Well.. I was thinking not to travel with them again and post my experience online even if they didn't call me. But as they've impressed me with their customer satisfaction packaging, I'll forgive. This is my first time using GIG btw.

Who else has travelled with GIG? How was your experience?

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by uboma(m): 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2018
cool.

Excellent customer service is what propels businesses to greater heights.

I will book GIG during my trip to Lagos.

Please provide us with updates on how the return leg went.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by blackboy(m): 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2018
One of the best
Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by menix(m): 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2018
GIG happens to be one of the best but sometimes they also employ wayward managers nd loaders, had a bad experience with them at their Ajah branch.

Just hope their Ajah unit ve changed cous it's almost a year I used their branch there.
Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by rinzaugustine: 8:18am On Aug 31, 2018
They are progressing because they are using graduates and experienced people to manage the company while their competitors are still using illiterates

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 02, 2018
I use them whenever I want to send plants and seeds to lagos
Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 20, 2018
UPDATE

Today I finally got to use the 95% discount coupon I got from GIG a couple of weeks back. I can't believe a Nigerian-owned company can be this good. I recommended GIG to everyone I talked to today, I'm sure about that. So 3 of my friends were also traveling down to the East today and I convinced them we should go the GIG way. I used my app to book four seats and the total arrived at 27,200. Guys I applied the discount code to the total amount and it was slashed to 1,360

Did I get the 4 tickets when we got to the park? Yes!! Can't say more, look at the screenshot attached. Thank you GIG, Nigeria will be great again grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by aboyaji(m): 10:43pm On Jan 11, 2019
Northmall:
UPDATE

Today I finally got to use the 95% discount coupon I got from GIG a couple of weeks back. I can't believe a Nigerian-owned company can be this good. I recommended GIG to everyone I talked to today, I'm sure about that. So 3 of my friends were also traveling down to the East today and I convinced them we should go the GIG way. I used my app to book four seats and the total arrived at 27,200. Guys I applied the discount code to the total amount and it was slashed to 1,360

Did I get the 4 tickets when we got to the park? Yes!! Can't say more, look at the screenshot attached. Thank you GIG, Nigeria will be great again grin
please how did you get the coupon code? I'm traveling tomorrow morning to Abuja
Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 12, 2019
aboyaji:
please how did you get the coupon code? I'm traveling tomorrow morning to Abuja

They called me and gave it to me as compensation. I don't know if there's any other way to get it
Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2019
Northmall:
Evening everyone,

So yesterday afternoon I got a call from my business partner asking me to come to Lagos urgently. I wanted to take a night bus as money for flight no dey but a friend advised against the night journey and asked me to postpone the trip for early morning today. He also recommended I use GIG Motors and offered to help me book online as he always uses them each time he's traveling from Enugu to Lagos. Paid N7,150 for Seat 7 of the Hiace bus scheduled to move 7:45am.
Around 6:11 am today I got a text from GIG informing me they won't be having a 7:45am vehicle so I should be at the terminal by 6:45 to board the 7am bus instead. Rushed and got to the park, showed a staff my booking confirmation and they gave me my boarding ticket. Because I was transferred from another vehicle, the seat 7 which I booked wasn't available and the only available seat 2 had other passenger luggages packed on the seat. I'm a very tall guy and I'm always particular about my leg space for long road trips. I rejected the bus first first. While I was still talking to the 'boardman' the driver showed up, asked where I'm stopping in Lagos and when I told him Ajah, he said he won't carry me. Why? That he won't stop other passengers on the mainland and bring only me to their Ajah terminal. That was when my delay started. I insisted on taking the Ajah route because that is where my contact stays, plus I'm traveling on a tight budget and the ticket I booked online was for Ajah terminal. I made countless trips to the manager's office and each time he would ask them to fix me in another vehicle but there was one reason or the other why the boardman wouldn't let me in. Either they aren't going my way, the vehicle was already filled, or my legs wouldn't fit comfortably in the bus.
After about 1hr, I decided to settle for a seat 12 which is the last seat at the back because I no dey too like wahala. Thank God for a smooth but not so comfortable journey, I'm in Lagos now. Less than 1hr after I got to Lagos, I got a call from GIG customer Rep who asked how my journey was and apologized for the delay earlier. As compensation for the inconvenience, they offered me a 95% discount for my next booking with them. Sounds cool yeah? cool Well.. I was thinking not to travel with them again and post my experience online even if they didn't call me. But as they've impressed me with their customer satisfaction packaging, I'll forgive. This is my first time using GIG btw.

but is expensive oh, 7k from Enugu to Lagos
Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2019
francesco01:

but is expensive oh, 7k from Enugu to Lagos

Lol is it?
Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by kponkedenge(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2019
Northmall:
Evening everyone,

Quite a nice gesture. I've never travelled with them before, but I learnt they are quite customer friendly but a little expensive compared to others.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With GIG Transport Company by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2019
kponkedenge:

Quite a nice gesture. I've never travelled with them before, but I learnt they are quite customer friendly but a little expensive compared to others.

Yes and yes they are, but I don't mind paying a little bit higher charge for service that provides real value and comfort. wink

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Get A Free Visa To Dubai,china And Other Countries As Well! / Nigeria Build State Of The Art Railway System / Top 5 Airlines With Most Beautiful And Attractive Air Hostesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.