Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

I Saw My Call Up Late, I Can't Go To Camp Before Closing Date, What Do I Do? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Saw My Call Up Late, I Can't Go To Camp Before Closing Date, What Do I Do? (1186 Views)

"I Came, I Saw And I'm Coming Back Home Intact" - 'virgin Corper' Celebrates. / Four Corpers Kidnapped On Their Way To Camp, Rescued In Rivers / Kaduna Corpers Backing Their Bed Like Baby After Waking Up Late. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Saw My Call Up Late, I Can't Go To Camp Before Closing Date, What Do I Do? by Agumbaa: 7:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
Dear people,

Please,

By July this year, I registered to serve, I filled out a form (including my preferred password) and gave
everything to the guy at the registration center. I did everything and everything went well, he told me he will let me know once the call up letter comes out by email, text or phone call, I had to give him extra tip.
I kept in touch with the guy he told me it wasn't out yet. Few weeks later, I had to travel to Ghana because of work and lost my phone there.

I had made all arrangements, both at work and personal to attend Batch B NYSC camping, since I lost the guy's contact, I could not keep in touch any longer.
While trying to access my online portal, i found out the guy did not register my account with my preferred password, I was hoping
I could travel back and meet him in person, but I could not.
I tried to reset my password and the portal demanded answer to my secret question, of which I do not know.

Earlier today, I was saw Davido's NYSC swearing in, I knew deep down that I ought to be called up by now, so I logged into the portal and tried
random passwords, once of them logged in with my email address, I saw I have been called up and my call up letter is ready to be printed.
I also saw the date to report to camp as 28th August, everything took me unawares, I had wanted to follow the Batch B to service.

Now my question is, is there a way to reject this call up and follow the next batch, does it involve registering again.
I want to serve this year by God's grace so I can get over it and further my career.

Please don't bash me, I need opinions and advice from people who are conversant with such situation. Thanks.
Re: I Saw My Call Up Late, I Can't Go To Camp Before Closing Date, What Do I Do? by zamanii: 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
Agumbaa:
Dear people,

Please,

By July this year, I registered to serve, I filled out a form (including my preferred password) and gave
everything to the guy at the registration center. I did everything and everything went well, he told me he will let me know once the call up letter comes out by email, text or phone call, I had to give him extra tip.
I kept in touch with the guy he told me it wasn't out yet. Few weeks later, I had to travel to Ghana because of work and lost my phone there.

I had made all arrangements, both at work and personal to attend Batch B NYSC camping, since I lost the guy's contact, I could not keep in touch any longer.
While trying to access my online portal, i found out the guy did not register my account with my preferred password, I was hoping
I could travel back and meet him in person, but I could not.
I tried to reset my password and the portal demanded answer to my secret question, of which I do not know.

Earlier today, I was saw Davido's NYSC swearing in, I knew deep down that I ought to be called up by now, so I logged into the portal and tried
random passwords, once of them logged in with my email address, I saw I have been called up and my call up letter is ready to be printed.
I also saw the date to report to camp as 28th August, everything took me unawares, I had wanted to follow the Batch B to service.

Now my question is, is there a way to reject this call up and follow the next batch, does it involve registering again.
I want to serve this year by God's grace so I can get over it and further my career.

Please don't bash me, I need opinions and advice from people who are conversant with such situation. Thanks.

No need to be scared bro. There's also no need to reject the call up if you don't report to camp, when it comes to sensitive matters like this, you don't hand them over to somebody else. The guy is only after his money and is not bothered whether you make it to camp or not.

Keep your ears on the ground for information on whether registration starts for the November batch. No need for a fresh registration as your details are already on NYSC website, just revalidate and you are set
Re: I Saw My Call Up Late, I Can't Go To Camp Before Closing Date, What Do I Do? by Agumbaa: 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
zamanii:

No need to be scared bro. There's also no need to reject the call up if you don't report to camp, when it comes to sensitive matters like this, you don't hand them over to somebody else. The guy is only after his money and is not bothered whether you make it to camp or not.

Keep your ears on the ground for information on whether registration starts for the November batch. No need for a fresh registration as your details are already on NYSC website, just revalidate and you are set

Thank you so much brother.

I appreciate your kind reply. I will do as you said.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Build A Perfect Cv/cover-letter That Will Get You The Job You Want. / OFFICIAL: NYSC Extends Orientation Camp Date For 2019 Batch 'B' Stream2 / Dilapidated State Of Corpers Lodge In Miya, Bauchi State (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.