Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student (2529 Views)

MAKE YOUR FIRST 1 Million In 4months With Snail , Fish And Poultry Farming. / Eggs Theft In Poultry: What Is The Way Out? / Start A Lucrative Business This Year(rabbit Farming) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by Ayemileto(m): 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2018
Hi guys.

I'm a student but currently doing my IT.

I have about 20k and I'm thinking of investing in farming.

I'm thinking of starting either a rabbit farm or poultry (Layers -starting with point of lay birds) but I don't know which one to go for.

Which one can you suggest for a student to start with that capital?
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by stanvesco(m): 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ayemileto:
Hi guys.

I'm thinking of starting either a rabbit farm or poultry (Layers -starting with point of lay birds) but I don't know which one to go for.

Please since you would be relying on the fund.
I advise you to do turkey farming if you have space.

Rabbits would require you to market it like a beggar
Chicken would or might die like idiots.....
If u av space in ur house

Either buy to turkey chicks and raise Dem
Or buy one male and 3females for breeding

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
stanvesco:

Really?? Like a begger?? Do you think OP just picked rabbit to compare with chicken?? Op my advice to you is breed rabbits, being in school gives u an advsntage.. Or go for chicken, but turky is a no no.. They take 6 months to mature, they sell well mostly during xmas meaning its quite late breeding for xmas.. Check my signature for my watsapp if necessary..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by stanvesco(m): 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
Rabbitkingdom:

Really?? Like a begger?? Do you think OP just picked rabbit to compare with chicken?? Op my advice to you is breed rabbits, being in school gives u an advsntage.. Or go for chicken, but turky is a no no.. They take 6 months to mature, they sell well mostly during xmas meaning its quite late breeding for xmas.. Check my signature for my watsapp if necessary..

Yessssa
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by Ayemileto(m): 11:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
stanvesco:

Rabbitkingdom:

Thanks a lot Sirs.

I'm noting the advises and will do more research.
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by stanvesco(m): 11:31pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ayemileto:

Thanks a lot Sirs.

I'm noting the advises and will do more research.

I will tell u as a kid bro

Don't do rabbitry especially if u might need d money later.
Selling is a Herculean task....

A turkey of 5000naira will produce more meat than 3rabbits.

Take dis from an experienced ex student hustler.....plus an experience animal farmer and a ruthless marketer
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by fayahsoul: 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
OP do a research on rabbit and poultry farming then pick the one you have a passion for and commit to it. Dont allow any one discourage you. It's on you to discover your passion and know your capacity. See you at work.
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by Anthony20: 11:36pm On Sep 01, 2018
Rearing of animals requires a lot my friend
Time you have to attend to the animals
Purpose of raising them
Your investment capital
Servicing cost available
For what purpose you are raising them. For termly fees or annual registration
Please clarify all these so that you get better advice.
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 02, 2018
stanvesco:

I will tell u as a kid bro

Don't do rabbitry especially if u might need d money later.
Selling is a Herculean task....

A turkey of 5000naira will produce more meat than 3rabbits.

Take dis from an experienced ex student hustler.....plus an experience animal farmer and a ruthless marketer

A what?? Animal farmer?? And u said all those craps!? You are wrong on soo many levels, d worse of em is u thought u rare animals.. I rare turkey, broiler, rabbit, n goat all in managable small scale for years. Pls before you misdirect anybody with your ideas i think its important to point out these factors.. But before i do I'll correct you on some facts... By #5k i bliv u are talking from the price of frozen foods cuz if not I'll have to ask u in d most polite manner to keep quiet, pls take note of these rather than return to comment more trash, take note for the purpose of those u plan to boast to again.. ... First n formost a matured turkey is 6 months old for local n foreign 8 months old, rabbits can breed at four months but fully mature in 5.. 2nd- adult turkey costs as much as 8k-13k, 5k turkey is just a few weight more from agric chicken... Nobody will buy dat for meat purpose, third they dont reproduce as quick n as much as rabbits, rabbits can give birth 8-10 times yearly n each time gives birth to as much as 8-14 babies ehich means u could get 60 surviving kids frm a rabbit yearly,. Cost of feeding a turkey frm chick to adult costs btwn 3-5k, each, while rabbits costs 2k or less, good matured rabbit breeds are expensive verries frm 13k-22k... Because u kno nothing about rabbit dosent mean you shouldnt give others the opportuinity to learn.. A lot of pple are leaving broilers for rabbit just so u kno.. N one more thing.. OP if you intend to go for birds den do btoilers not turkey... Pple breed turkey for xmas n like i said u need 6months for full maturity, after xmas the price usually drops down 30% because den everybody returns to frozen food... Soo before u let somebody without necessary knowledge dciv u its better u do ur research.... There are a lot of farms in lagos n ibadan to visit if ur unsure..

Now bact to the facts...
There are factors to consider before going into livestock.. Factors farmers neglect n end up at loss.. Make research, visit farms, am on a couple watsapp groups id av love to share but am off watsapp atm.. but u can talk to my cuz "prof" his number is on my signature..

1 Like

Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by stanvesco(m): 11:17am On Sep 02, 2018
[quote author=Rabbitkingdom post=70829881]

A what?? Animal farmer?? And u said all those craps!? You are wrong on soo many levels, d worse of em is u thought u rare animals.. I rare turkey, broiler, rabbit, n goat all in managable small scale for years.

Bin wondering how best to answer u?

I didn't ask for opinions,I am not selling anything, and I am not even trying to prevent d op. From buying from u.
And u come online, mention me and type with vex....

Anyways,
I don't see how this conversation is benefiting me,and I cannot argue with you....lol.
Besides,
Whatever you say, or try to incite my vex......

Lastlast shikpoooom!!
Op won't give neither u or me!,so why couldn't u respond without hate,anger or with venom!.

I used my data,my account,my experience, my time to write for free....loll

And u say I shud shutup!!!! And u r d king!!!!

Osheyyyy...baddest!!

Op
Abeg farm whatever u want to farm.
Rabbit farmer no vess kwantinue d farming.

And when ur deep freezer is full with rabbits like my own.....I would show u how to sundry d rabbits...

Lolllllllllllllllll
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by stanvesco(m): 11:18am On Sep 02, 2018
Rabbitkingdom:

A what?? Animal farmer?? And u said all those craps!? You are wrong on soo many levels, d worse of em is u thought u rare animals.. I rare turkey, broiler, rabbit, n goat all in managable small scale for years. Pls before you misdirect anybody with your ideas i think its important to point out these factors.. But before i do I'll correct you on some facts... By #5k i bliv u are talking from the price of frozen foods cuz if not I'll have to ask u in d most polite manner to keep quiet, pls take note of these rather than return to comment more trash, take note for the purpose of those u plan to boast to again.. ... First n formost a matured turkey is 6 months old for local n foreign 8 months old, rabbits can breed at four months but fully mature in 5.. 2nd- adult turkey costs as much as 8k-13k, 5k turkey is just a few weight more from agric chicken... Nobody will buy dat for meat purpose, third they dont reproduce as quick n as much as rabbits, rabbits can give birth 8-10 times yearly n each time gives birth to as much as 8-14 babies ehich means u could get 60 surviving kids frm a rabbit yearly,. Cost of feeding a turkey frm chick to adult costs btwn 3-5k, each, while rabbits costs 2k or less, good matured rabbit breeds are expensive verries frm 13k-22k... Because u kno nothing about rabbit dosent mean you shouldnt give others the opportuinity to learn.. A lot of pple are leaving broilers for rabbit just so u kno.. N one more thing.. OP if you intend to go for birds den do btoilers not turkey... Pple breed turkey for xmas n like i said u need 6months for full maturity, after xmas the price usually drops down 30% because den everybody returns to frozen food... Soo before u let somebody without necessary knowledge dciv u its better u do ur research.... There are a lot of farms in lagos n ibadan to visit if ur unsure..

Now bact to the facts...
There are factors to consider before going into livestock.. Factors farmers neglect n end up at loss.. Make research, visit farms, am on a couple watsapp groups id av love to share but am off watsapp atm.. but u can talk to my cuz "prof" his number is on my signature..

Bin wondering how best to answer u?

I didn't ask for opinions,I am not selling anything, and I am not even trying to prevent d op. From buying from u.
And u come online, mention me and type with vex....

Anyways,
I don't see how this conversation is benefiting me,and I cannot argue with you....lol.
Besides,
Whatever you say, or try to incite my vex......

Lastlast shikpoooom!!
Op won't give neither u or me!,so why couldn't u respond without hate,anger or with venom!.

I used my data,my account,my experience, my time to write for free....loll

And u say I shud shutup!!!! And u r d king!!!!

Osheyyyy...baddest!!

Op
Abeg farm whatever u want to farm.
Rabbit farmer no vess kwantinue d farming.

And when ur deep freezer is full with rabbits like my own.....I would show u how to sundry d rabbits...

Lolllllllllllllllll
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by EnoAkpanOctober(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2018
I suggest you go into rabbit farming... Cost of feeding is less unlike poultry where you spend 80% of your expenditure goes to feeding... Moreso, rabbits do not stink ad you can keep them without neighbours getting upset...

Call or whatsapp +2348023277707 to know more

Ayemileto:
Hi guys.

Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by jyz200(m): 1:06pm On Sep 02, 2018
I come here to read msg
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by PapaBrowne(m): 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2018
Rabbitkingdom:

Now bact to the facts...

You didnt address the main point he raised about difficulty in marketing rabbit meat. Would be good to hear your thoughts.
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by Gerrard59(m): 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2018
I suggest poultry farming using my knowledge gained during my IT in one of the biggest agro-industrial facility in the state I schooled. Poultry farming had more revenue than rabbit farming. Never did I see anyone come to purchase a rabbit but eggs and birds were sold daily. Rabbit farming is not as profitable) revenue generating (let alone profitable) as some persons make it to be. Better piggery or goat not rabbit.

1 Like

Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by walexsho(m): 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
All Agricultural produce are difficult to market in Nigeria due to close substitutes smuggled into the country and sold at cheaper cost. I've raised broilers, layers and Turkey the mortality of birds are so painful. Marketing them is a big competition due to smuggled frozen Chicken and Turkey.
I've planted maize, sundried and ready to sell, the market women frustrated me with their ridiculous pricing. It is undisputable fact that Rabbit or Grasscutter is a bit difficult to market but where there is Will, there is a way.
20k can't be invested in poultry, except you want to raise just 10birds, with part of the money going into feeding and medications. without running cost you can Raise Rabbit, Goat and Sheep by feeding them on Grasses, Dried cassava peels etc. but they aren't short term investment.
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
PapaBrowne:

You didnt address the main point he raised about difficulty in marketing rabbit meat. Would be good to hear your thoughts.

I'll start a thread on rabbitry very soon sir
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by azeemyte73: 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2018
Rearing: –
There is no law prohibiting the keeping of rabbits in Towns and Cities. A backyard can serve as a good source of additional income, food and employment; thus, reducing poverty, hunger and idleness.

rabbit does not compete with humans for food, as kitchen leftovers, cut grasses and formulated or compounded feed can sustain them. rabbit keeping does not require much capital for investment and maintenance. As little space is needed, most rabbits could be kept in the backyard or in the abandoned sheds.
START RABBIT PRODUCTION TODAY AND FEEL LIKE A KING...just that in anything production ,you need to source for market
Re: Between Rabbit Farming And Poultry, What Can You Suggest For A Student by Ayemileto(m): 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
Thanks everyone.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Where Can I Get Coconut Shell In Large Quantity? / Amazing Banana Produce Frm My Farm(photo) / Growing Apple In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.