Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form (17444 Views)

Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet / Edo Primaries: APC Dares Obaseki, Refuses To Apply For Permit / Governorship Primaries: APC Leaders Threaten Revolt Against Tinubu Over Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:58am On Aug 31, 2018
…N22.5m for guber, N8.5m for Senate

...NEC rejects proposals

...Party adopts direct primary for presidency, leaves others open

The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has proposed N55 million for the nomination and expression of interest forms for its presidential ticket. Also, the national leadership of the ruling party proposed N22.5 million for its governorship ticket. However, the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party has rejected the proposals, as the NWC was asked to go and review the proposition downward. In the proposal, the nomination form for the presidency costs N50 million, while the expression of interest form goes for N5 million. For the governorship ticket of the party, the nomination fee costs N20 million, while the expression of interest form cost N2.5 million. Also, other nomination and expression of interest forms for elective offices were reviewed upward.

For the Senate, the party proposed N7.5 million for nomination form and N1 million for expression of interest form whereas the nomination form was bought for N3 million and expression of interest form for N300,000 in 2014. In the proposal, the party’s NWC recommended N3.5 million for the nomination form and N350,000 for expression of interest form for the House of Representatives. In 2014, aspirants purchased same for N2 million and N200,000 respectively. For House of Assembly, the NWC proposed N1 million for nomination form and N100,000 for expression of interest form unlike in 2014 when the forms were bought for N500,000 and N50,000 respectively. In 2014, the nomination and expression of interest forms for the presidential ticket was N27.5 million, while that of governorship was N5.5 million. Speaking with journalists after the 6th NEC meeting in Abuja yesterday, Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau said that the NWC was asked to go and review the fee downward. Lalong also said the APC has adopted direct primary for the selection of its presidential candidate for the 2019 election. The party also opted for a flexible method for the conduct of its primaries for the states for the selection of its governorship, senatorial and other elective positions.

These were the positions of the party after NEC. President Muhammadu Buhari, so far, is the only aspirant that has signified interest in the party’s presidential ticket. The direct primary is likely to be a mere formality for President Muhammadu Buhari on September 19. Briefing journalists after the meeting, Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau state, said that the NEC resolved that the National Working Committee (NWC) should fix the cost of the nomination forms. The meeting, that started by 11:20a.m. when President Muhammdu Buhari arrived, ended at 3:30p.m. The President left midway into the meeting, leaving the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo behind.

The governor stated that the N21 million proposed by the NWC for the nomination forms was not agreed to by all NEC members, as the NWC members were asked to go back and review the opinion of NEC on the matter. Lalong said: “About two or three things were discussed. First, the document on the guidelines for the election; the mode of elections and, of course, the mode of funding and the necessity for unity within the party after the gale of defections. “On the issue of defection, the party unanimously agreed that it was not affected us much, but has tightened the party more. “On the mode of election, we all agreed that for presidential election, we are going for direct primaries, but for other elections, there are two options. But the general option is that we go for indirect primary

. “But any state that has a problem and wants to deviate from that is at liberty to write following the normal process with a resolution from their state executive seeking approval for a deviation from the agreed process. “In the sequence of election, it was directed back to the NWC to look at the comments that were made and within those comments, address them in line with the Electoral Act and bring out a timetable for the sequence of election. The NEC has been given that power.” Lalong added: “On the issue of funding, a standing Committee was set to look at the proper funding for party generally.

The constitution of the party provides for either direct or indirect primaries or consensus. But for the presidential election, we all agreed to adopt the direct option. “Also, a recommendation was made by NWC which was accepted that all the states should adopt the indirect mode of election. But there may be circumstances where it may be difficult in some of the states, looking at their peculiarities. “If there are such difficulties, the state will now apply following due process after their stakeholders’ agreement, signed and adopted by simple majority of the party and the state executive, which will now be sent to the NWC for approval.”

On automatic ticket for governors and legislators, he said: “We didn’t discuss the issue of automatic ticket. But we discussed that patriotic and loyal members should be rewarded, but not necessarily with automatic tickets. “Some of our senators who are patriotic who were supposed to be taken away were all kept. We asked all the states to look at it and we find a way to reward them. But for the election, the option is given to everybody to face election. So, there was nothing like automatic ticket for anybody. “We debated the cost of nomination and left it to the NWC to take into consideration some of the views expressed and come out with a reasonable figure. Any figure they bring out will be acceptable and we don’t need to come back to NEC to ratify it.” In attendance at the meeting were the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr. Boss Mustapha, state governors, National Assembly members, NWC and NEC members.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/08/primaries-apc-proposes-n55m-for-presidential-form/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by Firefire(m): 5:59am On Aug 31, 2018
shocked shocked shocked

APC, oju ole re, ole.

This party is indeed a professional criminal.

Where will the 'Lifeless dullard' get 55m to obtain the form this time?

In 2014, Buhary said and I quote.

"While purchasing the N25 million nomination form at the party’s national secretariat yesterday, Buhari lamented the high cost of the nomination form, but said that he was fired by his ambition to procure a bank loan through the assistance of an unnamed bank chairman earlier yesterday:

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/jonathan-blasts-buhari-says-buhari-promising/

We are not sure if he has fully repay the previous loan to Union Bank, and now another 55m.

We are watching with kin interest where Mr. Saint cum kworuption fighter will get the money for this form.

Kai Barber!

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by chriskosherbal(m): 6:00am On Aug 31, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Am I seeing well or is it my eyes for just a form....

Even GCE form that was #1500 before is now up to #15,000....who knows the way all the forms are getting expensive, we may wake and notice that JAMB form is now sold for 100m... undecided undecided

What's my own jare see my signature. .

16 Likes

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by JudasNaCarrot: 6:01am On Aug 31, 2018
The last time the "Lifeless one" contested he told us how he obtained a loan from the bank to buy his form.
I believe he is going to the World bank this time to get this huge sum for the same form.

PDP is bad, but APC is evil,satanic and its level of corruption stinks to high heaven.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by kennypoju04: 6:04am On Aug 31, 2018
PDP is a national party

While

APC is a regional party..

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by gaby(m): 6:05am On Aug 31, 2018
At least they are not exonerated from the inflation they've been sharing, if the reports are indeed true.

The last time out, you all would recall bros B took out a loan of 22 million or thereabouts for the form.

Three years down the line his investment has flourished and been on the uppy so he's duly upgrading and willing to pay any amount in cash.

We talking money, you talking nonsense...

Abeg check my siggy and preorder the paperback version of my Tori.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by Firefire(m): 6:07am On Aug 31, 2018
Buhari earns about N1.75 million per annum, where will he get 55m Naira to obtain this APC nomination form under this 'corruption free' administration? embarassed

If Buhary save all his salary for the past 3 years, it translates to 1.75 x 3 =>5.3m. Dont forget he has already an exisiting loan of 25m with Union Bank.

If eventualy Buhari is able to get this normination form without applying for another loan with another bank using his position, then the 'SAINT' is very kworupt.

As of 2014...

Less than 24 hours after he formally declared to run for president, a former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, has picked the expression of interest and nomination forms to run for the nation’s highest office on the platform of the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC.

Mr. Buhari, who is running for the fourth time, shortly after picking the forms at the National Secretariat of the APC in Abuja, said that the N27.5million levy for the forms were exorbitant but that he was helpless in getting it reduced.

“It’s a pity I couldn’t influence this amount to be put down ‎as in the case of ladies and the disable that intend to participate. I always look left and right in our meetings but I could not read sympathy, so I kept my trap.

“But I felt heavily sorry for myself because I don’t want to go and ask somebody to pay for my nomination forms, because I always try to pay myself, at least for the nomination.

“N27 million is a big sum, thankfully I have personal relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna and I told him that very soon the forms are coming, so, whether I am on red, or green or even black please honour it otherwise I may lose the nomination.

“I was about to go to Kaduna this morning and I told the Chairman but he said in that case, you better pick your form and keep a straight face that means there is no excuse,” Mr. Buhari said.

In a short remark, the APC National Chairman, John Oyegun, told Mr. Buhari and his entourage that the party decided to make the nomination fees high “in order to separate the men from the boys"

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by kennypoju04: 6:08am On Aug 31, 2018
What do the people expect nao
Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by aolawale025: 6:09am On Aug 31, 2018
Too much for a form

1 Like

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by fiizznation: 6:09am On Aug 31, 2018
Firefire:
shocked shocked shocked

APC, oju ole re, ole.

This party is indeed a professional criminal.

Where will the dullard get 55m to obtain the form?
And what's your goddamn business about were the "dullard" will get the money to obtain the form? Instead of you to bother yourself about were someone will get money from, you should be concern about how your useless pdp party will be finally put to rest in 2019.

And btw 55million is nothing. Even buhari loyalists will purchase the form for him. The only thing we want is to see baba as our presidential candidate.

Sai buhari till 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:10am On Aug 31, 2018
So, where will the #NotTooYoungToRun APC presidential aspirant get N55m to purchase the form?

We don't want another loan from an unnamed bank

14 Likes

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by fukushaki(m): 6:15am On Aug 31, 2018
Zombies where at thou ;time to defend the lifeless cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by backnbeta(f): 6:17am On Aug 31, 2018
Na life president dem wan be? Naija will buy for our presido sha ...even if some projects have to wait lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by Firefire(m): 6:17am On Aug 31, 2018
fiizznation:
And what's your goddamn business about were the "dullard" will get the money to obtain the form? Instead of you to bother yourself about were someone will get money from, you should be concern about how your useless pdp party will be finally put to rest in 2019.

And btw 55million is nothing. Even buhari loyalists will purchase the form for him. The only thing we want is to see baba as our presidential candidate.

Sai buhari till 2023

What is this one sayin? Disjointed!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by Ballmer: 6:19am On Aug 31, 2018
kennypoju04:
PDP is a national party

While

APC is a regional party..

So long it as the important regions of the country in it graps not the poto region filled with hate filled pigs O

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by Corrinthians(m): 6:20am On Aug 31, 2018
55 milla bawo!

Dem dey craze ni? Oshiomole, take ya time o.

1 Like

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by Firefire(m): 6:26am On Aug 31, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
The last time the "Lifeless one" contested he told us how he obtained a loan from the bank to buy his form.
I believe he is going to the World bank this time to get this huge sum for the same form.

PDP is bad, but APC is evil,satanic and its level of corruption stinks to high heaven.

In addition, terrorism.

8 Likes

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by Firefire(m): 6:26am On Aug 31, 2018
fukushaki:
Zombies where at thou ;time to defend the lifeless cheesy

They are here already to defend the lifeless cow.

4 Likes

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:29am On Aug 31, 2018
Corrinthians:
55 milla bawo!

Dem dey craze ni? Oshiomole, take ya time o.
E be like sey OshioBaba wan turn our lovely party into a money making organisation?

1 Like

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by fiizznation: 6:30am On Aug 31, 2018
Firefire:

What is this one sayin? Disjointed!
You will know what am saying in 2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by Corrinthians(m): 6:36am On Aug 31, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
E be like sey OshioBaba wan turn our lovely party into a money making organisation?
Will you keep kwayet? Focus on your party with 15 aspirants and counting so far. tongue

1 Like

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by fukushaki(m): 6:43am On Aug 31, 2018
Firefire:

They are here already to defend the lifeless cow.
grin

1 Like

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:44am On Aug 31, 2018
Corrinthians:
Will you keep kwayet? Focus on your party with 15 aspirants and counting so far. tongue
I decamped 2days ago, i wanna help baba to fight corruption and poverty also. PDP has finished us

3 Likes

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by Corrinthians(m): 6:53am On Aug 31, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
I decamped 2days ago, i wanna help baba to fight corruption and poverty also. PDP has finished us
sad

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:05am On Aug 31, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by Corrinthians(m): 7:06am On Aug 31, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
cheesy
Yeye man. cheesy

Good morning bro. Have a blissful day ahead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:12am On Aug 31, 2018
Corrinthians:
Yeye man. cheesy

Good morning bro. Have a blissful day ahead.
cheesy

Do have a stress-free day. Remain Blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by CheapDataGuy: 8:07am On Aug 31, 2018
Hmmmm... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by kunzyomi(m): 8:07am On Aug 31, 2018
Ok.... ₦55,000,000 only

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by Leun: 8:08am On Aug 31, 2018
But where is the money coming from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by MrImole: 8:08am On Aug 31, 2018
55million pere?

1 Like

Re: Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form by BruncleZuma: 8:08am On Aug 31, 2018
grin grin grin grin

And somebody will take a loan to buy it...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maduka Dazzles Ndi Anambra In Lagos As Ozigbo, Okonkwo Present Manifesto / PDP Reconciliation: Atiku, Wike Team Meet In Port Harcourt / Arase Arrives Enugu Over Herdsmen Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.