Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,158 members, 7,807,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. (28104 Views)

The Walking Dead Telltale Definitive Series (season One - Final Season) Download / Lenovo To Rival Apple And Samsung By Releasing A Bendable Phone / HTC U12 Will Have Up To 256GB Of Storage, Dual Cameras, And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by MartinCorridon: 10:48am On Sep 01, 2018
0balufonlll:

I don’t do Kevin Gate’s music but you have heard his ‘2 phones’ song? If no, hit youtube. It provides an applicable answer to your question.

Thanks a lot. I am assuming it is a common sight there too. But i would watch the video to confirm.

It started in Nigeria because INTRA networks are were significantly cheaper INTER network calls especially when GSMs first rolled out circa 1995
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 01, 2018
HTC trying to cling on to life desperately. A futile effort at remaining relevant.

I remeber my M8 and M9 that year, those fones suffered me ehn.

Bye bye High Tech Computer Corporation, you wont be missed.

2 Likes

Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by arixsto2(m): 10:50am On Sep 01, 2018
I like it.... Mashe testimony tiba posh
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 01, 2018
ddjay:

to me, i think they don't bother about the battery capacity because they have electricity everywhere to charge and recharge their phones..phones with almost 10,000 mah na for we developing kontry na
U have said it all.
What AFRICA needs is OUKITEL phones.
The other time, the Vice President was seen parading power bank alongside his phone.
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Afonja007: 10:53am On Sep 01, 2018
SolutionMee:

Their death is nothing but in a gradual process

iPhone is hyped by Americans because it is one of their own

All these Chinese firms will soon teach them the lesson of their life
Chinese are trying but the world still belongs to america

1 Like

Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Afonja007: 10:54am On Sep 01, 2018
MartinCorridon:
It looks like a cross between a Samsung S9 and a Google Pixel or IphoneX sef.

If not too expensive, might risk it as a back-up phone ( 390$ isnt too bad ooo) shocked

By the way, we Nigerians usually carry at least 2 phones around even with Dual SIMs.

Our diasporan brethren, since i am sure most networks are good there, do yoy still have multiple phones ?

Is it a common sight abroad ?
oyibo people n.a. one phone dem dey carry oooh
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by ruggedtimi(m): 10:59am On Sep 01, 2018
htc turning to redmi and gionee angry
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by ruggedtimi(m): 11:02am On Sep 01, 2018
MartinCorridon:
by the way, we Nigerians usually carry at least 2 phones around even with Dual SIMs.
i swear grin grin. e dey burst my head
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by EazyMoh(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2018
TechCapon:
the phone is not so expensive, it's just our naira that is shitty grin
Oga $390 is no small money anywhere in the world.
HTC has finally lost it! They don't make good quality phones in the league of Samsung, Huawei and LG, but price them in that category. Who would buy?
The customers that can stand the shifty phones can't spend that much, and those that could would stand their shitty phones when there are better alternatives from even stronger and better brands.
Even Infinix (though am not a fan) Note 5 at 60k can compete with this phone going exorbitant 2.5 times more expensive.
Nice thread though cool
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Stallion93(m): 11:05am On Sep 01, 2018
HTC combining designs from the Google pixel and IPhone....,every other brand but Samsung and Apple is running outta ideas. Too woo customers they should just make their phones cheaper
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by hush15: 11:05am On Sep 01, 2018
acenazt:
lol bro i ain't bellow the price tag. I'm just making a statement. besides my disdain for Their products as a whole. design wise they are great but when it comes to functionality,i don't like them.

alright... my bad. cheers

1 Like

Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Ifedith(m): 11:06am On Sep 01, 2018
Snapdragon 636? 3400mah? 150k? Are these guys joking? grin grin grin....
Anyway redmi note 5 ai global version 64gb 4gb for sale.... 70k....snapdragon 636, 4000mah,.... cool

Check my signature for your best Xiaomi deals and Jumia orders 070three1080two87.
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Owutuotuo(m): 11:08am On Sep 01, 2018
ddjay:

to me, i think they don't bother about the battery capacity because they have electricity everywhere to charge and recharge their phones..phones with almost 10,000 mah na for we developing kontry na

Actually there have been challenges in the battery technology in terms of matching capacity with size. But research is still ongoing to improve this match. It's a gradual thing.
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by SoNature(m): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2018
SolutionMee:

Their death is nothing but in a gradual process

iPhone is hyped by Americans because it is one of their own

All these Chinese firms will soon teach them the lesson of their life

An average American can buy anything they like and pay for it for the rest of their lives

They have the population

That country and Europe alone can sustain iPhone

Lemme quickly add that Apple, makers of iPhones, is the richest company on planet earth

All that iPhones need is hype to keep going places

America and Americans are rich

2 Likes

Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by SirLakes: 11:12am On Sep 01, 2018
They are sure not targeting Nigeria

3600mah for 150k .......wah da fučk

They should roll out 40 - 50k phones n dominate Afrika

Issa simple stuff
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by haryorbarmie83(m): 11:14am On Sep 01, 2018
CANDYDADDY:
shocked

HTC is making one last attempt for survival by releasing a phone up to 150k,these people dont know anything,both samsung,htc,huawei....

tecno and infinix has taken over. Enjoying my tecno pouvoir 2.
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by SirLakes: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2018
hush15:

again its not expensive. its nigerian exchange rate thats the problem.

You r right sha smiley
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by dingbang(m): 11:35am On Sep 01, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
3600Mah battery? When will all these so called 'big' phone makers have sense? Hian...
I am telling you. They install great features but the battery now is very whack. Its so annoying.
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 01, 2018
Gone is gone in the IT world. Do your best to remain relevant. Once you are gone, you are gone. A remedy's chance is lesser than 1 percent. Nokia tried to come back with a "techy" 3310. A few bought, but it didn't put Nokia back to the spot it used to occupy. Yahoo, myspace, Hi5, Netlog all lost their market share and they never returned to "that" position they used to occupy. Staying relevant in my opinion is the most important for any tech company.

3 Likes

Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Readonee35L(m): 11:54am On Sep 01, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
3600Mah battery? When will all these so called 'big' phone makers have sense? Hian...
Until you have phones thay exolodes in your face.
3600mah is more than enough for Gods sake it is not a satelite phone.

A phones battery life is no by big battery. Cpu type, optimisation e.t.c plays a big role in battery life.

I have a lg g6 with only 3300mah the battery lasts me for the whole day.

3 Likes

Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by blackmercyvelli(m): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2018
Sorry ooooooooooooooooh
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by henryobinna(m): 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
abumeinben:
Wakanda phone design is that?

Technically, an SD 636 riding on 3600mAH at about 150k is a mistake in this new world. OP, this isn't a market share survival phone, it's a good bye to phone business phone by HTC. Haven't they learn from past that their phones are off budget? Haven't they heard about Xiaomi phones?
Y'all should stop taking shit and talking shit.

for such spec $390 is not too expensive, blame your shitty naira. By the way $390 is just a little over 140k not 150k as stated by OP.

If you all asking for 10k Mah don't know what smartphone is just better shut up and stop making noise, I actually use a phone of 2860Mah and it serves me well, I don't need a power bank nor a brick what I need is a phone.

This HTC right here will beat your lovely Xiaomi and brothers anytime any day, ever seen the camera on HTC or the speaker/sound Quality before?
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2018
Snapdragon 636 for suppose flagship?
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2018
Final attempt to survive? Just craaaash your price for the phone. Thank me later after overtaking Tecno, Gionee and Infinix combined
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Neoteny(m): 1:28pm On Sep 01, 2018
AwesomeDuru:

Batteries are like diccks: it's not the size that matters, it's how you use it.

Ever heard of optimization? That's when the software and hardware and cleverly optimized with energy management tricks to make good use of batteries.

Nigerians and battery size....smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by abumeinben(m): 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2018
henryobinna:

for such spec $390 is not too expensive, blame your shitty naira. By the way $390 is just a little over 140k not 150k as stated by OP.

If you all asking for 10k Mah don't know what smartphone is just better shut up and stop making noise, I actually use a phone of 2860Mah and it serves me well, I don't need a power bank nor a brick what I need is a phone.

This HTC right here will beat your lovely Xiaomi and brothers anytime any day, ever seen the camera on HTC or the speaker/sound Quality before?

The world's gone beyond brand name bruh!
If your HTC serves you well, congrats. But the phone market for HTC electronics is heading the blackberry way.
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Elxandre(m): 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2018
henryobinna:

You haven't tried a Xiaomi obviously.

There's hardly anything this phone has over Redmi note 5 (Including cameras and speakers) , and that is priced at $164!

390 dollar for this is extortion, when phones like Asus Zenphone 5Z and the likes with flagship specs are just about the same price with this severely underpowered and incapable device.

HTC will go the blackberry way!

3 Likes

Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by kingdan8: 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2018
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by israel2563(m): 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2018
Lol... They threw all they got?
With snapdragon 636 lmao grin

1 Like

Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by marvinsync(m): 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

HTC is making one last attempt for survival by unleashing the HTC U12 Life, a very pretty smartphone which comes loaded with latest features and the fact it doesn’t come with the display notch makes me fall in love with it more because it exudes uniqueness. HTC threw in everything it’s got into this product and I have every reason to believe this will be the launchpad that will propel the company into success which it desperately needs at the moment.

This pretty smartphone was released at the IFA 2018 in Berlin, Germany along with a lot of really cool tech products and it’s specs are very impressive and the U12 Life is all purple or blue eye-candy with a partial glass pane on the back that mimics the backing on Google’s flagship phone of 2017, the Pixel 2 which was released on 19th October 2017. Without wasting much time let’s look at the specs of this beauty.

HTC U12 Life display, design and software

The display on the U12 Life will sport a large 6-inch display with 18:9 screen ratio and 1,080 x 2160-pixel resolution (FHD+), Touchscreen, Multi-touch IPS LCD screen. This display is very rich and crystal clear, it is the perfect screen for watching HD movies and playing High Resolution games. In the software department, it comes with Android 8.1 Oreo which will also support upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie. The design is okay, slim bezels, rear mounted fingerprint and a glossy glass cover at the back.

HTC U12 Life camera and processor

The camera is a dual rear 16-megapixel and 5-megapixel (f2.0) with LED flash, 13-megapixel front-facing camera (f2.0) for taking lovely selfie. The processor that powers this smartphone is an Octacore Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor. It’s not the best processor in the world but it gets the job done.

HTC U12 Life battery and storage

Under the hood is a 3600 mAh battery which is okay unless you are a heavy gamer, this battery can take you through a whole day on a single charge. It has two variants. The 64GB ROM, 4GB RAM variant and the 128GB ROM, 6GB RAM internal storage variant. Both variants will have a microSD card slot.

HTC U12 Life features, colors and price

Moonlight Blue and Twilight Purple colors are the two available colors. It also features a headphone jack, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and a USB-C charger port. It will sell for $390 (N150,000 Approx)

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/htc-makes-one-final-attempt-for-survival-by-releasing-the-htc-u12-life/

150k ?! lol

HTC doesn't know sh!t

they sank because their prices weren't up to their names ie, unlike apple that is unnecessarily expensive but has a name and popularity which makes people wanna buy it , HTC doesn't have that therefore no one would wanna spend 150k to buy HTC because it's doesn't have the publicity required

look at infinix when they first started ,their phones where very cheap but also good , from there it built a name , now infinix phones are getting more expensive but people are still buying cause it has a name!
Re: HTC Makes One Final Attempt At Survival By Releasing The HTC U12 Life. by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2018
ddjay:

cheesy

Abi?

Dat Bontel wey be like briefcase.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vivo V20 Unboxing, First Impressions And Long Term Review + Price (photos) / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread / How You can have a Twin Version of YOURself in a video using your "smartphone."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.