Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

What Kind Of Books Do You Read? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Kind Of Books Do You Read? (19535 Views)

Poll: What Kind?

Romance: 13% (49 votes)
Horror: 4% (16 votes)
Suspense: 16% (60 votes)
Action/Adventure: 15% (56 votes)
Drama: 7% (26 votes)
Mystery: 12% (44 votes)
Science Fiction: 9% (33 votes)
Non-Fiction: 7% (27 votes)
Other: 12% (43 votes)
This poll has ended

Books I've Been Looking For! Which Books Do You Find Hard To Get? / What Kind Of Books Do Nigerian's Buy ? / Titles Of Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by luck007(m): 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2010
I don't read that much but any time i do, i love to read motivational and inspirational (Biography) books
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2010
None of the above.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by courage89(m): 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2010
I've read all the books below, and i recommend them to everybody

Autobiography - In search of identity by Anwar El Sadat

Motivational Book - Seven habit of Highly effective people

Motivational book - Magic of Thinking Big - David Schwartz

Motivational book - Feel the Fear and do it Anyway - Susan Jeffers

Leadership - 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership - John C. Maxwell
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by courage89(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2010
hooged:

awake

Do you mean

Awaken The Giant Within - Anthony Robbins
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by denony(m): 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2010
I read animal farm often and often again, lol
Planning on how to get things done the way it was done by there.
it can drive you to fight for a cause.

It's motivational also.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by iice(f): 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2010
Fiction. . .thrillers/sci fi/action. . .some romance grin
Motivational books bore me to coma.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Folabik(m): 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2010
There are lots of good books out there but the best of all is "The Human manual" by the almighty God. The BIBLE.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2010
iice:

Motivational books bore me to coma. 
omg thankyou cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
IbukunOluwa, aro e ti so mi. bawo ni? [not translating, chick]

@post
Mystery
Investigations
Forensic Files
X-Files
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

IbukunOluwa, aro e ti so mi. bawo ni? [not translating, chick]

@post
Mystery
Investigations
Forensic Files
X-Files

Lol I'm fine thanks, you? cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2010
mo wa deede. o se un
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by PapaBrowne(m): 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2010
Anything that would extend ma know on how things came about! I love histotry, science, development, philosophy, psychology.motivational, business and strategy books. ANYTHING writtten by anybody with a good brain, I will read it.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Parnassuss(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Anything that would extend ma know on how things came about! I love histotry, science, development, philosophy, psychology.motivational, business and strategy books. ANYTHING writtten by anybody with a good brain, I will read it.

GBAM! raise to power 2 = DOUBLE GBAM!
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Pennywise(m): 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2010
Books (and I mean the interesting ones) make me sleep. This is not a good time to be a student. You really have to try very hard.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by knice(m): 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2010
[b]Robert Kiyozaki, stephen covey, John mason etc are some of the men.Goodbye. They are great Guys.
FOR RECHARGE CARD PRINTING MANUALS AND SOFTWARE/07033097160
[/b]
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by onlysose(m): 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2010
we sell ebooks visit www.easyebookz.org
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2010
ok i just read GAME - penetrating the secret society of pick up artists, by neil strauss. every man should read that book
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2010
For me, its Motivational, Business, Inspirational, Finance and a splice of fiction.
My all-time best authors are:
Brian Tracy
John Maxwell
Pastor Chris-
Robert Kiyosaki-
Sidney Sheldon-
Dale Carnegie-
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by beewhyfocs(m): 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2010
I enjoy books on christian living and motivationals too.

My best author on xtian living is Max Lucado! Trust me, that man has depth. On motivationals, I read John Maxwell, steven Covey and Brian Tracy. Ive read a couple of Grishams too on legal fictions.
Oh I enjoy my engineering books too.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2010
@C_Jay, I read "The Game" also, mystery was crazy, lol, he actually has a class for pick up , in the usa I think, lol, grin
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Newest: 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2010
Xtian books
Author=mY Bishop
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by femmy2010(m): 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2010
Anything by John Grisham makes my day.Wish he wrote more yearly undecided
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Tatase(f): 11:51pm On Jul 05, 2010
I read mostly fiction because for me books are linked to leisure and entertainment, so they're an escape or an adventure or a way of transcending where you are or what you're going through or your situation in real life at that time.

I'd pretty much read any genre of fiction even though romance and classics are my favourites. I read general fiction too, thrillers/ mystery/ suspense, fantasy, christian fiction, and young adult fiction, anything.

I rarely read non-fiction but when I do it's mostly humor.

My nightmare book genre would probably be self-help/ motivational. I'm not really into that at all and it's just not really a genre I normally invest in. However, if it was the only thing left I had to read in the world and I had no access to other genres, I'd rather read a self-help/ motivational book than read nothing at all.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by fynedr(m): 12:10am On Jul 06, 2010
i just remember with nostalgia when i used to read novels with the aid of the corridor light of my hostel after lights-out, as early as my JS1. but i ve lost it now cos of medicine. haba i can 't remember when last i read any secular book, very rarely do i read xtian books, except of course, my bible, just the big surgery text books, OMG am dulling, i need some help here. in fact i have a set of 6 novels by John Grisham i bought in London some yrs ago, managed to read only 2. the rest are adorning my book shelf now, so sad.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by kawkab: 12:58am On Jul 06, 2010
Mario Puzo - God Father, Last Don, Fools Die, The Sicilian, 4th K, Omerta, The Family

J C. Maxwell - Talent is not Enough, Failing Forward

Puzo is the best in the world of fiction

For Nigerian Authors, Chinua Achebe - Things Fall Apart and Arrow of God
Isidor Okpewho - Last Duty and Victims
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by vescucci(m): 1:06am On Jul 06, 2010
I like Espionage best. A big helping of Esoterica. A little of Sci-fi. A side smattering of Fantasy/Adventure?Mystery. And non-fiction for desert. Romance in case I have indigestion and I feel like puking.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by banito1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2010
I like reading books on financial markets and currencies, for fun I read any books written by John Grisham, Robert loodlum or any good fiction especially mafia.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by cutiengale(f): 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2010
i love motivational books, business, napoleon hill's think and grow rich, george clason's richest man in babylon
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by slyk2(m): 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2010
am at home with Robert Kiyosaki.

just bought this last novel-- conspiracy of the rich.

other biz books that can increase my acumen.

motivational and self help books.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by routik(m): 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2010
I love reading books on Technology, especially those that deal with the internet, search and computers. Cheers.
somehow related.

how come nobody is talking about Robert Green, 48 laws of power, The art  of seduction?
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by omega25red(m): 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2010
i mostly read sydney sheldon books that guy is a master of suspence
if you can, read bloodline that is an excellent book
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2010
Yes  wavemasta grin To think that those Avg frustated chumps alias AFCs  were shelling $1500 for mystery's live workshops - to sarge in clubs, bars and just about anywhere u can meet and pick up women etc - shows you the extent we men will go through to get game.  More remarkable though is Neils near total transformation from AFC to master Pick up Artist and mystery's main wing man in just over a year and a half.
Far from being just a book about pick up I found the story therein very inspirational, resonating mans undeniable ability to rise above his own inner fears to be whoever he wants to be in the world - be it a better teacher, a better Parent, or better community leader as long as you remain dogged and resolute in your commitment to self development. A must read for self help buffs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SURVIVORS (a Novel) / ''''''''''''''''''church Runs'''''''''''''''' / The Taboo (an exciting Romance Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.