Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him (31430 Views)

Meet The Man Who Raised His Hands For 45 Years! He Made A Legacy / How Hausa People Raised Alarm After Sighting Fulani Trucks In Cross River. PICS / Henry Chukwuemeka, Taxify Driver Sues Dorcas Shola Fapson For N5M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by abbeyty(m): 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
There are loads of scammers on the internet now claiming charity
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by prospero5(m): 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2018
Shortyy:

I don't know their email address

in this age? you don't mean it.

shortyy, find their mail address online na.
na so one bank keep my 10k for three weeks plus. i nearly finish their inbox with mails before they reversed it.
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by deenee: 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2018
Guyman02:
The man has a point, if you want to help then do it by explaining to the recipient the extent you want to go to raise money using his name and situation.

Collecting money from the public on his behalf and keeping half of it to yourself is fraud, that's what many so called NGOs who parade sick people on the roads in Nigeria do and then they dump the victims when they have successfully raised good sums and also if the victim informs them that that was not the initial agreement.

You don't know the full gist. Go and read about the gist on the internet. at some point the guy was doing drugs so they restricted his access to the cash and placed him on a wager hence the whole drama. At the end of the day it's the couple's name at stake

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by DaFlash: 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
Qdot85114:
You enjoy being an online nuisance, right. Trust me we will track you down soon and you regret the day you know what is internet. Even if your acc is closed it wont end there. Your case file as already been open.
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by Hopebringer: 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
Asquare84:
i thought the street of america is slosh with gold, truly there is no place like home

What are you saying?

At times when one reads some comments here you pray for Nigeria and her educational system

Wow look at what the young one wrote?

So delusional

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by geezynoni: 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
undisputedgbola:
Who else doesn't understand the story? undecided
I
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by hope4nigeria(m): 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
Shortyy:

I recharged through bank, I was debited but not credited.
mee to had the same experience oh, last Saturday, my account was debited, till now, I never receive the airtime, its MTN . or the bank is the fraud?
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by Newboss(m): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
olawonder:
Homeless man can never win this! How did he spend half of the money that was given to him? He got greedy! Everywhere in the world, charities raise money, give some to the needies and keep rest for themselves to pay salaries, fixtures and maintain platforms on which monies were raised. The fact that he was back on the streets after receiving half (approx. 200k) won’t impress the court at all!
The guy even has drug addictionangry Giving him $1M would have just prolonged his stay off the street, but he would surely be back there because he's a fūcking mõron. angry

What a mõron would even donate money to someone with drug addiction? angry They should have gotten him a job instead, let him work for whatever he would use to feed his addictions angry. How many people even handle $200k in US? angry Buy him a $250k house, and he would sell it someday to feed his addictionangry.

This is the kind of fraud politicians pull off most times. angry Both of them are mõrons. angry

I don't believe in that kinda lame charity angry

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by tofolo(m): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2018
Shortyy:

Do you have an ATM card? check behind the card the email/ customer care number should be there. wink
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by oloriLFC(f): 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2018
Mizwisdom:
An American citizen, homeless in his own country? I don't believe it

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
plenty of them sef. Not only immigrants o, pure Americans

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by yusuff4u2c(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2018
Shortyy:

Same here
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by grandstar(m): 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
See was PTSD can do to someone.

War is bad
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by nazablossom(f): 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2018
undisputedgbola:
repetition plenty grin
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by charlsecy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Type "Homelessness in the United States" in Wikipedia.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by MrAAA(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2018
Shortyy:

How much naim dem ask you nor be the method.
Simple question!
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by hustla(m): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2018
Guyman02:
The man has a point, if you want to help then do it by explaining to the recipient the extent you want to go to raise money using his name and situation.

Collecting money from the public on his behalf and keeping half of it to yourself is fraud, that's what many so called NGOs who parade sick people on the roads in Nigeria do and then they dump the victims when they have successfully raised good sums and also if the victim informs them that that was not the initial agreement.

No
They gave him conditions he didn't fulfill before collecting the money. Stay off drugs for some Time but apparently he's been to rehab twice

He will squander the 400k on drugs if it's given to him

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by Dicksonpal: 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2018
Shortyy:

go to ur bank, mtn wont solve your problem, that's how gtb ate my 2k.
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by Asquare84(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hopebringer:

What are you saying?

At times when one reads some comments here you pray for Nigeria and her educational system

Wow look at what the young one wrote?
So delusional

Mr. PHD in English language
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by Neddyogu(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2018
Felixalex:
Oyinbo and their madness... If Na Nigeria, this wouldn't have happened because, in the first place trying to raise the funds people go ask u

"is he the first to live under bridge?"

Op, e be like say u de cross road when u do this copy and paste, as u press "paste" u hear car horn close to u, u just press "submit" run cross road abi?

Lwkm. No be small cross roads copy and paste something

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by VULCAN(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2018
The sarcasm didn't work

Mizwisdom:

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by benjanny(m): 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2018
I read this on BBC two weeks ago
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by blackmercyvelli(m): 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
PLEASE WHAT IS DELUTTION?
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by planetx: 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
I don't understand why in 2018 with all the access to information, someone will be surprised that there are homeless people living on the streets in America.
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by Tonimagnificent: 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2018
Felixalex:
Oyinbo and their madness... If Na Nigeria, this wouldn't have happened because, in the first place trying to raise the funds people go ask u

Op, e be like say u de cross road when u do this copy and paste, as u press "paste" u hear car horn close to u, u just press "submit" run cross road abi?
grin
Felixalex:

U
don kill me o

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by dochenaj: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
Shortyy:
That's how I'll sue MTN if they don't return my money. Bunch of criminals
You forget that you are in Nigeria my dear.
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by salt1: 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2018
Bad case!
They helped the man and got him off the streets.
They've disbursed $200k to him already and he's still back to the streets and suing his benefactors.

I stand with the couple
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by kabillionaire(m): 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
But the fundraisers used the other half for logistics na?
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by GeoOla25(m): 10:42pm On Sep 10, 2018
demondpelumi05:
am learnin a new lesson
If you aren’t sensitive people will use you for their own personal gain.
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by Felixalex(m): 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2018
Tonimagnificent:
grin

U
don kill me o

Bros no die abeg

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by Ochinex(m): 1:18am On Sep 11, 2018
undisputedgbola:

I no bother read self, I proceeded to reading comments...
Re: Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400,000 To Help Him by Dicksonpal: 11:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
Shortyy:

just seeing this, pls goto the bank or if u have online banking click customer feedback, and log your complaint. I wish you luck, Chao

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tree Falls On Kofo Abayomi Road Due To Heavy Rain Fall (photos) / Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) / Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.