Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

Back To School Tips - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Back To School Tips (710 Views)

Lady Reveals How Her Wicked Aunt Maltreated And Denied Her Of Going To School / Photos Of A Boy Who Takes His Disabled Mum To Work Daily Before Going To School / “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Back To School Tips by ernie4life(m): 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2018
Back to school

So the long holidays are over and your kids are on there way back from vacation for those that travelled and for those that didn’t travel you can’t wait for them to resume because they have being a handful but then it hits you that back to school comes with its own financial obligation especially this first term that they are moving to a new class or starting a new school and it’s this term the usually pay the highest fee due to new books, new uniform and in new school cases you are registering them so you have to pay some registration fees.
So, the ultimate question on every parents’ mind is, how do I prepare my child and myself for back to school? I will share a few tips that could help.

Fees
As a parent immediately after third term midterm break you should already know exactly what and what you would be paying for and what you need to buy, prior knowledge of this helps you to start planning for them. If am not mistaking third term midterm break is usually around June, since you already know what you future obligation is like, you should start putting money aside in preparation for first term, I will recommend you open a mutual funds account for your kids, divide their fees into 3 parts so that when you contribute June, July and august you should have contributed the total amount for first term fees, you can also continue to contribute September, October and November for second term fees while January, February march for third term fees. The beauty of spreading it and contributing it makes the weight lighter, that way you don’t strain your income too much, and why you should use a mutual funds investment is due to its competitive high rate, flexibility, you can read up more on mutual funds and its benefits on the thread https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds

Books
If your child’s school gives you the option to buy books yourself or buy from the school especially if you are working on a tight budget, you may opt to buy good second-hand books but make sure its still the recommended edition and that the books are still in good condition. What most people don’t understand is a book is not about if a book is new or second-hand, what matters is the information, if its still relevant then you are good. You can also sale or swap your old books that are still in good condition and relevant edition with books that you currently need. You can take advantage of social media and reach out to parents to get or sale second-hand books to them

Accessories
This includes school bags, shoes, cloths etc. historical trend has shown that price of this commodities are artificially inflated from middle of Augusts due to the high demand on them, but if you are a parent that plans you can buy these things at the end of July before the price increase and you will see yourself saving a few bucks and less stress.

Psychologically
I recommend that a week to the resumption date of school you can either contract a tutor to do a one week intensive revision of what they learnt the last term especially if your kids where not engaged in any academic work during the long holidays but if you have time you can tutor them yourself, this will help them to start adjusting for back to School and refresh their memories.

Do you have any back to school tips, kindly share

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See How Uncle Beat Up His 13yr Girl Relation For Stealing 3k (pix) / A Nigeria Man Praises God For Not Killing His Baby With His Car.(pic) / Become A Passive Landlord & Earn Rent From Over 300 Property Across The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.