Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Politics And Football-----the Law Of Proportionality. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Politics And Football-----the Law Of Proportionality. (932 Views)

The All Time Greatest Legends Of Football (The Three Musketiers) / Africans In European Football: The Best Of 2010-2011? / Why Is Football The Global Game? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics And Football-----the Law Of Proportionality. by Olaolufred(m): 10:53am On Jun 29, 2010
In my primary 5, I heard for the first time the Mathematics of Proportionality.

My Teacher made me know the laws of Direct and Inverse proportionality.

I never thought this could be practical enough in administration and polity,

untill I saw In WOZA 2010, how did Ghana began to daze the whole World for good.

Then I asked myself what could have been responsible for this unequalled and dazzling performance.

I was engulfed in this thought untill a click in my Sub-conscious gave this answer.

"Don't you Know they are already getting it right politically?"

Alas, could this be? I thought to myself.

Then I observed that their performance is also coloured with the spirit of patriotism.

Seems these players believe in their Goverment and country, so they are poised to representing it well.

As I ponder more, I understood why an American will always be proud of its Star-Sprangled banner.

I flashed back to 1st of Oct. 2009, when a TV journalist went on street to interview Citizens.

Can you die for your Country?. All respondents said, No. Why? asked the journalist.

Most respondents threw to her same question in a new clothe, "Can Nigeria die for me?".

Then, I observed that the betterness of the Nation Nigeria in all areas(sport included) will be

based on our political will to do things right. Getting it politically starts from the poll.

For the first time in my life, I heard the Rulling party in Ghana accuse the opposition of rigging.

That to me shows some level of transparency.

Then I made this conclusion as i see Dede Ayew representing his fatherland like the Messi of Africa,

That, citizens gives more of itself to a country he beleives in.

How many Nigerians really believe in Her?

If we began to row our Boat towards political positivity, we sure will get it right in soooooooo many other areas of our national life.

(1) (Reply)

Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria / Super Eagles Star, Chidi Odiah Sends Wife And Kid Away / Fifa/coca-cola Football (mens) Ranking As At 22nd Sept 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.