Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Pump Up Your Chest This Month - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pump Up Your Chest This Month (633 Views)

17 Major Causes Of Pain In The Right Side Of Your Chest / Help! My Sister Is Seeing Her Period The Second Time This Month / How To Grow A Big Chest Without Using Gym Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pump Up Your Chest This Month by WomenTrainer: 2:54am On Sep 01, 2018
Happy new month ladies and gentlemen.

It's a new month and I want to encourage somebody to lift weights. I'll be posting gradually here and responding to your questions if you have any. But if you can't wait and want to read everything immediately, please go here:
https://womentrainer./2018/09/01/my-bench-press-lessons/

I registered at a local outdoor gym in my neighborhood last month. So throughout August I was working on pumping up my chest.

These are the lessons I learnt along the way.

1. Don’t eat before workout.

2. Warm up and warm down before and after each session.

Re: Pump Up Your Chest This Month by WomenTrainer: 2:55am On Sep 01, 2018
3. Lie down on the bench properly.

This means that you should lie down with your back curved up and with your chest out. When I initially did it lying down flat, I always felt pains in my shoulders as if it was dislocated.

4. Put your legs down

Re: Pump Up Your Chest This Month by WomenTrainer: 2:55am On Sep 01, 2018
5. Grip the barbell properly.

If you take a close look at the “wrong grip” picture, you’ll notice that the barbell is resting on my palms. That is the grip I saw most guys using and it always scared me. I mean, what if the barbell slips off while they’re lifting? I tried it one day and honestly it felt easier than the correct grip I was already used to. However, from my experience and research, the correct grip of wrapping your hand firmly round the bar is the BEST way to hold the barbell. That’s if you want to pump up your chest faster and of course to avoid stories that touch. Lol.

Re: Pump Up Your Chest This Month by WomenTrainer: 2:56am On Sep 01, 2018
After you’ve held the bar properly, there are different kinds of grips. There is the wide-grip, normal grip and close-grip.

Re: Pump Up Your Chest This Month by WomenTrainer: 2:57am On Sep 01, 2018
6. Reps and Sets

If you lift up the barbell from your chest level till your arms are up ten times, you’ve done 10 reps (repetitions). Now, if you do the 10 lifts again, you’ve done 2 sets. Understand? In summary, it’s important to count. Don’t be like some guys that lift and lift and lift, without counting, till they’re tired. Another thing is, don’t rush your lifts because you want to do as many reps as possible. It’s better to do 10 x 5 (10reps 5sets) than to do 50reps in a rush rush way.

7. Please drink water when you feel tired.

Water will help you renew your strength and keep you safe from dehydration. Thank God my darling sister who’s a nurse warned me to always drink water during my workouts. If not, I might’ve thought it wasn’t important judging from the way guys I met at the gym prefer to drink alcohol and smoke instead of drinking water.

Re: Pump Up Your Chest This Month by WomenTrainer: 2:57am On Sep 01, 2018
8. Don’t compete with other guys at the gym.

Start with small weights and gradually progress to bigger weights. It took those big guys months to get where they are. So don’t be tempted to challenge them yet. Take your time. No go kill yourself by yourself abeg. Lol.

9. You’ll feel sore and sleepy afterwards.

Get ready to feel pains and don’t be surprised if you’re feeling sleepy too. I actually thought I was the only one experiencing sleepiness after lifting weights till my cousin who gyms with me confessed his own sleepiness to me. So I guess it’s a good idea to lift weights in the evening, bath, eat and then sleep. But if you can’t find the time or strength to lift weights in the evening, do it in the morning.
Re: Pump Up Your Chest This Month by WomenTrainer: 3:09am On Sep 01, 2018
10. Monitor your progress.

You can take pictures of yourself on Day 1 and compare it to other pictures after Month 1, Month 2, Month 3 and Month 4. I also encourage you to keep a workout journal where you should write down your observations about your body and the reps and sets you’re doing.

11. No excuses.

Don’t wait till you can find a state-of-the-art gym before you begin to workout. Check around your neighborhood, you must find someone who has a barbell made with motor spare parts or even cement. If they charge a fee for you to use it, negotiate and pay. Yes, the money’ll even make you more serious and committed.

12. Eat well.

Lifting weights will increase your appetite. So please eat well. Especially proteins. I no dey play with my beans and garri, okpa and garri, agbugbu, fufu and soup, rice and beans etc.
Re: Pump Up Your Chest This Month by WomenTrainer: 3:09am On Sep 01, 2018
13. Hmmmm… Is there something I’m forgetting? Will add it here later.

Thanks for your time. Hope I’ve motivated you.
Feel free to follow me on Instagram @WomenFitnessTrainer

Call/WhatsApp me on +2349095000603
Re: Pump Up Your Chest This Month by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:18am On Sep 01, 2018
This is a very good thread...
Good job OP!
Re: Pump Up Your Chest This Month by Smytter(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2018
Nice.
Re: Pump Up Your Chest This Month by WomenTrainer: 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
post=70796143:
This is a very good thread... Good job OP!

Thank you Buhari's first son. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Pump Up Your Chest This Month by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2018
WomenTrainer:

Thank you Buhari's first son. Lol.
Lol wink, you sabi person O!
Thumbs up man.
Hugs.
More muscles to your chest! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Luth House Officers Doctors Has Not Been Payed For Three Months / The Thayers Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner For Healthy Skin / Python Hides In Toilet, Bites Woman As She Sits To Pee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.