Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final (4148 Views)

Uyo To Host CAF Confederation Cup Final- Paul Bassey / CAF Approved Akwa Ibom Stadium For CAF Confederation Cup Finals In Uyo / Enyimba Vs CARA Brazzaville: CAF Confederation Cup - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by 2Ebisco: 6:39am On Sep 01, 2018
The People’s Elephant gaffer has admonished his players to suspend celebration as they seek a place in the last four of the competition

Enyimba coach, Usman Abdallah has stressed that the People’s Elephant’s immediate target is to progress to the semi-final of the Caf Confederation Cup after they sailed through to the last eight as Group C winners on Wednesday.

The People’s Elephant had the privilege of returning back to their home ground for the first time in almost three years and they needed a late goal from Wasiu Alalade to send back CARA Brazzaville of Congo empty-handed.

Speaking shortly his players' heroics at the Enyimba International Stadium, Aba, Abdallah who plotted the fall of the Congolese revealed that it was important for them not to be distracted by the euphoria of their midweek win as they concentrate on their would-be opponents in the quarter-final stage.

“I will say we are done with the group stage matches and are very delighted to have qualified for the quarter-final,” Abdallah told Goal.

“We don’t need to over-celebrate it because we still have the big task ahead of us which is to qualify for the semi-final. It is our objective for now and we shall start our preparations towards that almost immediately.

“We can’t afford to joke with whoever emerges as our opponents on Monday. We shall prepare very well and it is our determination to qualify for the semi-final where I feel that anything can happen thereafter.

“I want to thank the players, our fans and the management for making our return to Aba a joyous occasion. It was a good experience that we marked our return with a win. We still have our target right before us and we must do everything possible to achieve it.”

Ahead of the Monday’s draw in Cairo, Egypt, the People’s Elephant tactician opined that they are not afraid of whoever they are pitted against at the end of the draw.

He said it is their resolve to prepare for all the remaining teams equally and that they are not going to underrate any of them as it is their desire to treat their rivals with respect and dignity before beating them.

“I will say we are ready for any team we are drawn against,” Abdallah added.

“We have to be ready to play any team that comes our way if we are to win the competition. We will be ready for them. We shall treat our opponents with respect and dignity. We don’t have to be arrogant but the bottom line is that we want to win.”

Enyimba will face either Rayon Sports (Rwanda), Al Masry (Egypt) or AS Vita Club (Congo DR) in the draw that will be conducted in Cairo, Egypt on Monday.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/enyimbas-usman-abdallah-targets-caf.html

1 Like

Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Ifeanyi4491(m): 6:45am On Sep 01, 2018
nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 01, 2018
Umu Aba

5 Likes

Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Dontripsy(m): 6:57am On Sep 01, 2018
Good. Anything less is not acceptable

4 Likes

Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by CyberWolf: 7:00am On Sep 01, 2018
If you target the final, will you die?

6 Likes

Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by mastercee(m): 7:01am On Sep 01, 2018
They should just pray for Rayon sports of Rwanda
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Afonja007: 7:01am On Sep 01, 2018
Nzogbu nzogbu eyimba enyi the real Madrid of Nigeria I 'be blues for life i dey supporr eyimba my favourite team before na afonja warriors of ibadan

7 Likes

Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Sharpshooota: 7:01am On Sep 01, 2018
Who is that goalie?
Looks familiar
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by mastercee(m): 7:01am On Sep 01, 2018
CyberWolf:
If you target the final, will you die?

One step at a time sir

1 Like

Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by TheAngry1: 7:01am On Sep 01, 2018
Ok
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by dominique(f): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2018
Why not finals? Their next match will determine if they will be in the semis anyways

It's so sad that our local league teams still do not have shirt sponsors, that shows how low their marketability is. The league organizers and stakeholders need to make the league more attractive to attract more sponsors
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by gatecrash123: 7:04am On Sep 01, 2018
this one wey enyimba news come dey enter front page ehn. makes me ask if man u and arsenal don join dem.
grin grin
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by CyberWolf: 7:06am On Sep 01, 2018
mastercee:

One step at a time sir
I disagree. Making semi-final his target means that he will be very proud and happy once he gets there even if he didn’t get to the final and win the trophy eventually, that’s a sign of loser. Striving to be the best in whatever you do should always be the ultimate, that’s why western countries are always ahead of us.
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by garetz: 7:09am On Sep 01, 2018
You better up your game because you've not been impressive in your games so far especially your attackers. Wasting too many chances

2 Likes

Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by garetz: 7:11am On Sep 01, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Who is that goalie?
Looks familiar
Actually that's fatau Dauda of the Ghanaian national team

3 Likes

Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Bawofss(m): 7:25am On Sep 01, 2018
Shey dis one nah football club?
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by chigoziri2403(m): 7:32am On Sep 01, 2018
very disjointed performance last time.
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by emperorblog(m): 7:33am On Sep 01, 2018
S ELEPHANT

2 Likes

Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 01, 2018
Pls guys make us proud
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by slex(m): 7:52am On Sep 01, 2018
Enyimba is not going anywhere.

Solution-

They should be more dangerous attacking and hold on to the ball better.
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Topmaike007(m): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2018
if they use there opportunities very well dey will win the trophy
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Aystarz: 10:49am On Sep 01, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Who is that goalie?
Looks familiar

He's the confused Ghanaian, who before the world cup revealed his intention to play for the Eagles.
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Borntofuck: 11:00am On Sep 01, 2018
For this nonsense they are playing
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Gracesofar(m): 11:32am On Sep 01, 2018
That die minute goal by Alalade against cara made me jump up
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by Folksyharry(m): 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2018
I wish Enyimba the best. Nigerian clubs have performed badly in the continental level for some years. I hope they go on to win the confederations cup eventually.
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by antigaybiafra95: 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
Hahahahah
So na brainless cow, bloodsucking hausa Fulani
wey dey manage a whole biafran club from the
same state as their prophet nnamudi cownu

imagine the konkonbiliti
Re: Enyimba’s Usman Abdallah Targets Caf Confederation Cup Semi-final by slivertongue: 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
I want the CUP or nothing. Enyimba is a big club & sud go beyond participation &win all dat is at stake

(1) (Reply)

Van Nistelroy Is Real Madrid's New Cult Hero / Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! / Check Out 2015/2016 Jerseys Of Manu,chelsea,arsenal(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.