Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. (22736 Views)

RE: Should Christian Eat Pig? Pig is not Kosher! / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by fineboynl(m): 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
are Christian allowed to eat pigs? pig is regarded as unclean animal. Jesus send demons into pig -

The demons begged Jesus, 'If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.' He said to them, 'Go!' So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.
-- Matthew 8:28-34.

The old testament also condemned eating pig

And the pig, because it has a cloven hoof that is completely split, but will not regurgitate its cud; it is unclean for you. You shall not eat of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.
—  Leviticus 11:7–8

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by DEHVEHLOP(m): 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2018
How can a good xtian eat human?

PIGGIES I know are from Nnamdi Kalu country

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
Okay. Have you not read that it is that which comes from a man that defiles a man? Eating pig does not make you unclean nor unrighteous. Your cleanliness came from the word of God and your righteousness is of God.
However, if you are surrounded by a group of baby Christians who are still struggling with the doctrine of righteousness and holiness, it is wise to keep away from it. So that your action won't cause them to backslide.
Please read the following bible passages.
Enjoy!

Matthew 15:11
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

1 Corinthians 8:9-13
But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

Will you keep kwayet!

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Solidkay(m): 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2018
Habba

so because they casted some evil spirits into some pigs in some 2000yrs ago means pigs are evil and therefore not to be consumed by humans.

No nah!! !!

Like for eat pig, share for no pig eating.

197 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by DEHVEHLOP(m): 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2018
princeking2:
Will you keep kwayet!

I should keep quiet just because I'm not from Southeast..

Your tribalism has no equal

11 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

I should keep quiet just because I'm not from Southeast..

Your tribalism has no equal
Define tribalism? Can you locate Southeast on the map? Is tribe part of the writeup?
We call people like you #ebot in ibibio.
Next time, when you want to accuse someone of being tribalistic, ask yourself if you are one.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by donbachi(m): 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2018
No demon can survive nigerians cooking pots...dem go boil d demons comot

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by YAHREIGNS: 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
fineboynl:
are Christian allowed to eat pigs? pig is regarded as unclean animal. Jesus send demons into pig Matthew 8:28-34. the old testament also condemned eating pig
There are no limitations for food as in the old testament.

But eat at your own risk. Especially the free range ones that eat EVERYTHING dead or alive. They're full of worms, virus3s, bacteria etc lipsrsealed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by budaatum: 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2018
fineboynl:
are Christian allowed to eat pigs? pig is regarded as unclean animal. Jesus send demons into pig Matthew 8:28-34. the old testament also condemned eating pig
Do you at all understand why pig was not kosher?

Let me call out for a person of science to educate us on this please.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by fineboynl(m): 5:25am On Sep 02, 2018
budaatum:

Do you at all understand why pig was not kosher?

Let me call out for a person of science to educate us on this please.

kosher animals

Any animal that has a cloven hoof that is completely split into double hooves, and which brings up its cud that one you may eat.
Animals that have cloven hooves and chew their cud are ruminants such as cows, sheep, and deer. —  Leviticus 11:3

And the pig, because it has a cloven hoof that is completely split, but will not regurgitate its cud; it is unclean for you. You shall not eat of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.

pig is not kosher. Pigs are described in this section as prohibited because they have a cloven hoof but don't chew their cud. And the pig, because it has a cloven hoof that is completely split, but will not regurgitate its cud; it is unclean for you.

This text does not specify every possible animal by name, only their behaviors.

The text goes on to describe specific animals that are known and meet one, but not both, of those qualifications, thereby prohibiting their consumption. It does not elaborate on the exact reason for prohibition other than physical characteristics.

Pigs are described in this section as prohibited because they have a cloven hoof but don't chew their cud.

6 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Amberon: 8:12am On Sep 02, 2018
Why not, I love pork
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 02, 2018
Pork is bae o
Cant stop it o

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Sharpshooota: 8:13am On Sep 02, 2018
It's Obviously a Christain thread

How come everyone is free to comment

It's not like this on Muslim threads?

What is this?

Modified... They are saying that Muslims don't insult Christians... The FTC guy Up there is a known Yoruba Muslim.. I think he's contribution on the thread passes as an insult

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by kulikuli45: 8:13am On Sep 02, 2018
Yes naa.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by lastempero: 8:13am On Sep 02, 2018
Who dey ask this Kind question? Have you forgotten the this portion of the Bible acts 10vs15 sad

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:13am On Sep 02, 2018
Orisisri something!!
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by pejuakinab: 8:14am On Sep 02, 2018
Pastor Osibande should answer this one
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by helphelp: 8:14am On Sep 02, 2018
The piggies wey dem cast demon into don die tey tey na.

These ones are fresh and void of any demon. Make dem sautee am well and make am tender. One bite and you will shout Jesus is Lord.

10 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by gentlegenius(m): 8:14am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by sinaj(f): 8:15am On Sep 02, 2018
Call no animal unclean.

Btw I love pork, especially the skin kiss

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Homeboiy: 8:15am On Sep 02, 2018
Pork meat sweet pass beef

Even if I am a rev father, I will still eat pig

4 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 02, 2018
Oga mind yourself. Nobody "eats pigs" (sounds gross). People only eat pork, and there's nothing 'unChristian' about that.

10 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Sharpshooota: 8:16am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

This dude is a Yoruba Muslim derailing the thread

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Pavore9: 8:16am On Sep 02, 2018
I eat pork regularly.

5 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by KingLennon(m): 8:18am On Sep 02, 2018
If i eat pork meat will the demons possess me? Or will i become Unclean that when I pray God will not answer me?
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by frankmoney(m): 8:18am On Sep 02, 2018
Why not ?
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by sureheaven(m): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2018
1st Corinthians 10:25 said ....... Eat anything that is sold in the market without raising question of conscience.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by frankmoney(m): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2018
fineboynl:
are Christian allowed to eat pigs? pig is regarded as unclean animal. Jesus send demons into pig -

The demons begged Jesus, 'If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.' He said to them, 'Go!' So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.
-- Matthew 8:28-34.

The old testament also condemned eating pig

in the old testament there is also something about fish without scales yet I guess you still eat catfish. Guy we are in the new , no food is unclean

13 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by ibkkk(f): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2018
PORK!

SO SWEET.

ESPECIALLY WHEN FRIED AND GARNISHED WITH SOME "yaji" kiss

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Propene: 8:20am On Sep 02, 2018
PROBLEMS WITH PORK

1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.

6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.

7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.

Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.

9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.

11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8 )

12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.

13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Horus(m): 8:20am On Sep 02, 2018
Christians profess to be such devout followers of Jesus (Yashua), but they eat pork when Jesus (Yashua) NEVER did this. Remember in Mark 5 : 13 Jesus (Yashua) was the one who cast the devil into the swine. They use this saying "It's not what goes into a person, it's what comes out" to say they can eat pork. El's Holy Torah (known as the old testament) in Leviticus 11 : 7, 8 "And the swine, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you.

8: Of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch; they are unclean to you." This was a Law and nothing changes. Don't try and tell us that the book of Acts has made the consumption of pork lawful, because you want to justify the eating of pork. First of all the book of Acts was written by Luke and not a divinely inspired scripture, so it has little or no validity. In addition, Jesus (Yashua), said that "Not one jot or tittle" of the law would change. The book of Leviticus received by Moses contains the original laws.

Matthew 5 : 18
" For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all be fullfilled".

Now if Jesus (Yashua) said the law could not change, then why are you "Christians" still eating pork?

Eating pork is a concept of the 13th self Acclaimed Apostle Paul, the liar, himself admitted that he was changing the law. Romans 3 : 7 "For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?"

So Christians stop being hypocrites, you know that the law has not changed, besides you know little or nothing about
the filthy animal that you love to eat.

17 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aborisa:yoruba Religion / Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again / What Has Life Taught You So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.