Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,160 members, 7,780,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:05 AM

Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia (63750 Views)

5 Common Phone Charging Mistakes / Earn Up To ₦35,000 From Your Whatsapp Status - See How / How Do I Transfer Files From Phone Memory To SD Card On My Samsung Galaxy Tab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 02, 2018
Mosesm:

Most phones will be fully charged within 1 hr if the voltage is full.
So he can charge as many 200 phones per day depending on patronage

Na 2 hours most phone go take charge on average.
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2018
generationz:
I doubt he makes up to this in profits every month
while he isnt the first to venture into this business , a lot of factors will determine if he would be able to make such a huge profit monthly.

The nature of that areas power supply ( erratic or constant), how much he spends on fuel monthly , where he is located ( marketplace or residencial area) , and his securitt measures to ensure no phone is stolen are some of the biggest factors that will affect his income.

He does, And possibly makes much more than he's admitting.

Most places in Nigeria have epileptic power supply.
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Fourwinds: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2018
ola12:

Omg, so even if you are there, if a thief holds a gun to your head, even a knife you would not give up the phones??
Unless there is a security expert in the premises or the location is impenetrable to thieves there's a good chance you would get robbed, multiple times. undecided
well I dont know where you live....because if you are ready to rob such people in my area, you need to carry machine gun or guns if you are in numbers...because you might just end up being mob to death.. ..to word thief is repulsive in my area....

secondly where I stay ,there are phones shops everywhere...if such places had never be attacked I wonder why old and not too new phones that thieves will be after in a public place....

see it is like you never experience mob....I pity such a thief

1 Like

Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by aerodee(m): 11:39am On Sep 02, 2018
1zynnvn:

Must you doubt everything. You dont know where he is located and how epileptic power supply over they may be. Everything is possible. Dyu know that people actually went to the moon. Dyu know how difficult that is??

While I agree with your point, I don't agree with "man went to the moon" part. It was a USA lie to counter USSR being first in the space race.
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by kindnyce(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2018
Benekruku:

That's the spirit.

Some rather be putting their woes on the government all years. probably expecting the government to come put food on their table

And sincerely, govt alone cannot cater or provide jobs for all
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by ola12(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2018
Fourwinds:
well I dont know where you live....because if you are ready to rob such people in my area, you need to carry machine gun or guns if you are in numbers...because you might just end up being mob to death.. ..to word thief is repulsive in my area....

secondly where I stay ,there are phones shops everywhere...if such places had never be attacked I wonder why old and not too new phones that thieves will be after in a public place....

see it is like you never experience mob....I pity such a thief
Lol, ok. I just didnt want such a liability as a business. Btw, my area na quiet area, so if you shout thief you dey on your own
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by kindnyce(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2018
ProfitDomain:

Pls Also be godly in your creativity because these days na so so Yahoo Yahoo, most dey reason to make am

Ah.Yahoo Yahoo.. Yahoo+ can NEVER be ascribed to being creative.
God shall eternally CURSE whoever engage in such,no matter how long it takes.
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by VictorRomanov: 11:43am On Sep 02, 2018
generationz:
while he isnt the first to venture into this business , a lot of factors will determine if he would be able to make such a huge profit monthly.

The nature of that areas power supply ( erratic or constant), how much he spends on fuel monthly , where he is located ( marketplace or residencial area) , and his securitt measures to ensure no phone is stolen are some of the biggest factors that will affect his income.

He didn't mention profit, that's his income. It's just like some one who earns 180k/month. We don't ask how much is left after his expenses to and from work and others.

1 Like

Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Dotwillis1(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2018
Queenext:
so u can charge a phone for #200.why not buy the fuel and charge your phone, and still watch TV... It's 50naira

lmao
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2018
Whereas some so-called graduates are busy sitting in an office doing nothing, only to expect a far lower salary every month.
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Fourwinds: 11:58am On Sep 02, 2018
ola12:

Lol, ok. I just didnt want such a liability as a business. Btw, my area na quiet area, so if you shout thief you dey on your own
then do a survey of the area and know where will be more secure in the event of theft...

when you have people around and you raise alarm, the help come from the public
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by GoldHorse(m): 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
1zynnvn:

There are several conspiracies about the moon landing ,I've read about and even watched some vids. I was just using it as an illustration that what a mind has conceived can be accomplished. It may take time and money but we should not rule it out as impossible just yet.

Thumbs up @Napoleon Hill above.

Nothing is impossible. That's true but moon landing hasn't been achieved yet.

.... and hope you know that the earth is flat too....
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2018
No put am for mind say you fit do this kain business for Lagos o. You go enter gbese lass lass
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2018
GoldHorse:

.... and hope you know that the [b]earth is flat too[/b]....

Abeg you fit explain these two statements? Tankuuuu
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by onegig(m): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
generationz:

Thanks for this. Ignore the olodos up there running their mouth.

No wonder 90% of startups fail. They only look at the income without the associated expenses or liabilities that come with it. In the end they are ill prepared and fold up within months. They do poor feasibility studies and because they hear people make such money daily they jump into it.

First he would use nothing less than 2k on fuel daily. The charge time would be prolonged due to the fact he is using a smaller gen and would be overloading it. I see him mention Solar. The average inverter setup that can consistently give you juice to power up such would need average of 6 trailer batteries and you would need better shade and cooling to make them much more efficient and last longer. We are looking at nothing less than 500k for solar and the inverter setup.

We have not added the costs of generator repairs, theft or damage of phones and other miscellaneous and you have to consider he would not be making bank 7 days. Sundays are slow days and he might not even make his daily average on suhc days.

At the end he is making profit but at a much lower rate than he projected ones.
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Cumtroller: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
Bad Belle!!!

Go and open your own charging business. You’re one envious bitch.
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Cumtroller: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by madridsta007(m): 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2018
Techvillz:
Making money from making money from public phone charging in nigeria is one of he local business that many Nigerians neglect, but not this hausa man who shared how much he earns monthly from the business. A middle-aged man, who has been identified as Ibrahim Usman, who owns a place where he charges handset in Lafia, says he makes N180,000 monthly on phone-charging business, using I pass my neighbour generator and solar energy.

“I took advantage of the irregular provision of electricity in Lafia and makes N180,000 monthly,” Usman told the News agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lafia on Saturday.

making money from public phone charging in nigeria
According to him, charging of phones and several other electrical accessories has being a source of income and it has also put food on my table and cash in my bank account.

“Although, i’m not happy that there’s irregular electricity provision in Lafia, I will say that has been to my advantage currently.

“Had power supply been stable, I would not have been able to make the N6,000 I make at least in a day. If you multiply it into 30 days, it is N180, 000 in a month,” he said.

He told NAN that he powers his business by solar energy to augment his petrol-powered generator, on which he spends N1,000 daily on fuel.

https://www.loadedviral.com/you-wont-believe-how-much-this-man-earns-months-from-phone-charging/

This is underemployment. Nothing to celebrate about this. I won’t be surprised if this man has a degree or, at least, some form of tietary education. In addition to the fact that this “business” is simply as a result of a comatose power sector, it is ironic the excitement.

Nigeria, with its vast human and natural resources can and should do better.

1 Like

Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by maestroferddi: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
Must the amount he makes be exaggerated to drive her the point?

It is a blatant lie that he makes N180k in a month.

No be only 180 na 1.8...
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by xcelentattitude(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2018
femi4:
180/30 = N6,000 per day

If it take 4hrs to charge a phone and charges 10 simultaneously.

Working for 16hrs = 40 phones charged per day
@ N200 per phone, he all make = 40*200 = N8000

Now, that make sense

#200 ? Haba! Is it eternal charging.
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by pedi(m): 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2018
femi4:
180/30 = N6,000 per day

Now, that make sense
Haba bros ejo 200 naira per phone is to much.
Down here it 50 naira
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2018
Na waoh.

Congrats you guys.

Now the tax man will come visiting him.
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by dannypaul(m): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2018
femi4:
180/30 = N6,000 per day
Working for 16hrs = 40 phones charged per day @ N200 per phone, he all make = 40*200 = N8000
Now, that make sense
sorry but its #50 virtually everywhere so 40*50 = 200
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by 1zynnvn(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2018
GoldHorse:

.... and hope you know that the earth is flat too....

Are you a flat earther?? I'm out of here..
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by pocohantas(f): 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Operating cost to charge phone is exrremly low.

Doesn't he do repairs/maintenance of his generator?
What of cost of security, does he handle the business alone or he has employees grin grin? Rent? Etc.
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by dannypaul(m): 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2018
femi4:
180/30 = N6,000 per day
Working for 16hrs = 40 phones charged per day @ N200 per phone, he all make = 40*200 = N8000
Now, that make sense
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 02, 2018
pocohantas:

Doesn't he do repairs/maintenance of his generator?
What of cost of security, does he handle the business alone or he has employees grin grin? Rent? Etc.

He is not in lag. Area boy culture has not yet taken root in the north like that.
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Curry30: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
If you've stayed in some areas in LAFIA, you'll believe this man.
Power supply is like World Cup. It comes once in a very blue moon
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by elbaraj001(m): 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2018
femi4:
180/30 = N6,000 per day

Now, that make sense
which kind mumu calculation be dis...unjust wan confuse ppl
where on earth dem dey charge phone fr 200? even camp na 50 box talk more of outside....guy mind urself o...lol
Re: Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia by Harrynight(m): 1:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
femi4:
180/30 = N6,000 per day

Now, that make sense

N50 to charge each phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription / ##Tecno Camon C9 Fully Confirmed Specs, Images And Discussion Thread## / Innjoo I2s Vs Infinix Zero Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.