Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice (26805 Views)

At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday / Dangote Refinery Test Invitation / Current Vacant Positions At Dangote Cement Plc September 2013. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by graphical2: 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2010
My Dear Brethern in the house,

This serves as a signal to those that may want to leave their present job for any of the Dangote Group of Companies. If you have a place where you still manage and get your salary, DO NOT GO TO DANGOTE. You may or will regret it.

I am talking from Personal Experience, my brother and his colleagues left a rival company for Dangote with a promise of better pay and conditions, were all sacked in a day! after spending close to 1 year in Dangote, , Including a Director. I have heard before that Dangote do such, but now it's confirmed. It happened to my close brother.

Please be careful before you resign from that Job.

Happy job search

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by TUNFOL: 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2010
i beg, if you say they were sacked. why were they sacked please?

1 Like

Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by graphical2: 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2010
My friend, nobody knows. Their letters states Redundancy. We are talking of almost 300 staff, 80% of which came from a rival company. The balance 20% are those that work directly with those that came from the rival company.

Please just be prayerful. I pray it won't be your portion and for those affected, I know God will always make a way for His own.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by slimslim: 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2010
So this is already on Nairaland! Heard about it too.

I would have been a victim! But I thank God for His direction. I was tempted with almost 3 times my pay! The most painful aspect is the director that was sacked. He was a director in a rival company, lured to work with Dangote and asked to go after less than 14months in service. Even Management Trainees were not spared. All were sacked.

Please be careful and ask good questions before taking that job. Not all that glitters are gold.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2010
Good info.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Adeoladada: 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2010
I am really sorry 4 those pple,may God be wit us all.But there are alot of things that are wrong in this Country.
who will help us?

4 Likes

Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Acidosis(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2010
[center]Wat! These private institutions are really getting it wrong. Only God can save us.[/center]
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by yemmight(m): 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2010
And what have we done in Nigeria to cushion the effect of the global warming? 10bn to do party. May God help us.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by monkeyleg: 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2010
Na wha,

This is so so sad. But says a lot about our country.

No proper employment law, thats why people are getting away with murder. Dont forget this same Dangote was on telly recently flashing his new jet.

Anyway, my people these are some of the very basic reasons why we must all come together and seek a good Nigeria for all. We all have this selfish attitude and are not really our brothers keeper. There is so much wrong with Nigeria as  a country, just too much for us to ignore for so long. I know there is serious global economic issues, but Nigerians should be accorded so some of protection.

We must all fight so our kids dont go through what we have gone through, our generation is fast turning into a washout.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Seggii: 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2010
Do you know why they were all sacked? angry
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Seggii: 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2010
I really want to know why these guys were sacked. I remember telling a friend not to leave his job because of this Dangote job, but refused. This friend have not said anything to me since the retrenchment thing and I too refused to ask him.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by ukotmi: 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2010
graphical2:

This serves as a signal to those that may want to leave their present job for any of the Dangote Group of Companies.  If you have a place where you still manage and get your salary,  DO NOT GO TO DANGOTE.   You may or will regret it.

I am talking from Personal Experience, my brother and his colleagues left a rival company for Dangote with a promise of better pay and conditions,  were all sacked in a day! after spending close to 1 year in Dangote,  ,  Including a Director.  I have heard before that Dangote do such,  but now it's confirmed.  It happened to my close brother.

Please be careful before you resign from that Job.Happy job search

And I am planning to resume there after been sacked in my former company. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. What do I do now? I have attended the interview and is waiting for their letter cry cry cry cry cry cry. ah, advise me oh
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Kx: 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2010
Is he sacking employees to save enof for a purported 16% stake in Arsenal FC?
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by labiola: 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2010
Another Sanusi Tsunami, but what  is happening to Dangote group? it was on news yesterday that dangote sugar declare dividend of N1, today sacked over 300 staff, though it shows in the financial statements that there profit went down by about 10% when comparing with the last year . I think this sack of a thing is every where, a friend of mine just informed me that people has being sacked in his office, God pls help us in this country. unfortunately Our house of reps and the senators are stealing millions of naira.

1 Like

Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Kennyblues(m): 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2010
Dangote na you be our man ooooooo
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Acidosis(m): 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2010
Kx:

Is he sacking employees to save enof for a purported 16% stake in Arsenal FC?
He denied
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by gReenmAn(m): 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2010
Pity sad
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by DisGuy: 2:42pm On Jul 01, 2010
slimslim:

So this is already on Nairaland! Heard about it too.

I would have been a victim! But I thank God for His direction. I was tempted with almost 3 times my pay! The most painful aspect is the director that was sacked. He was a director in a rival company, lured to work with Dangote and asked to go after less than 14months in service. Even Management Trainees were not spared. All were sacked.

Please be careful and ask good questions before taking that job. Not all that glitters are gold.

Why are you pitying the Director, He will get a job within weeks, and he was not lured he was headhunted and he would have agreed some severance payment into his ocntract so you should pity the smaller guys and nigerian labour laws

The economy is bad
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by onstelly(f): 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2010
Kennyblues:

Dangote na you be our man ooooooo
Meaning?
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Seggii: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2010
He was enticed.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by sley4life(m): 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2010
Its a common habit now in Nigeria not just Dangote
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by dolu2007(m): 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2010
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Ranoscky(m): 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2010
dis dangote matter no surprise/tire me b'cos, no be 1st time and no be lastime. shyt happens anytime in naija, all we gat to do is get prepared in whatever we do in life. No be naija we dey?. .Na naija way be dat so make we no think'am too much. can u imagine sacking 300 workers just like that without early notice? undecided. . .so pathetic!!!
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by bolataiwo(m): 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
the main reason why they where all sacked is that the company was not making profit it was just recording loses everymonth and these pple that were affected were employed to bring profit into the company which they try there best but it was not good enough.Also some of them came to the company with the aim of milking the company especially the senior staffs among them.even though they really try to resstructure the company but the only message Dangote will understand is make sure u make profit.

when they came onboard they claim they know more than those they met there.
most of them where not submissive.
they were earning more than those they met because of who they know
they form a faction.

lastly i must confess some of them were very cool headed and very submissive.there memory still linger in my brain,only that i cannot be mentioning names.

note: they were not only from rival company but those that were there before they came to the company were affected
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by hackney(m): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2010
This is why stealing will never end in that dumpster called nigeria.
For someone that was made redundant in such a way,knowing that no one cares, if he got another job and
had a chance to steal his employer blind, why wont he

What a vicious cycle.
Tufiakwa.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by 0hsisi: 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2010
The grass is always greener on the other side
If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is
This is the reason some people choose to remain with govt agencies till retirement
at least you are sure of some steady job till your golden years though your pay may not be much.
These private companies can mess people up big time.
Imagine a man living in a house paying tons for rent in a big city with children in private schools and family responsibilities
what does he do?
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by 0hsisi: 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2010
If a job offers you 3 times your salary at your previous place,of course you are expected to make 3 times the production to justify that pay or you get the boots.
Which business wants to run at a loss?
will they pay you in mangoes?
na moni them go take pay and you must to produce that money,period.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by chidikus: 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2010
brothers it is very true i am a victim,neva leave ur job for dangote job,i am a victim ,whoeva posted this is very vert correct,dangote nearly messed my life up

1 Like

Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by oluwafemi113(m): 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2010
graphical2:

This serves as a signal to those that may want to leave their present job for any of the Dangote Group of Companies. If you have a place where you still manage and get your salary, DO NOT GO TO DANGOTE. You may or will regret it.

I am talking from Personal Experience, my brother and his colleagues left a rival company for Dangote with a promise of better pay and conditions, were all sacked in a day! after spending close to 1 year in Dangote, , Including a Director. I have heard before that Dangote do such, but now it's confirmed. It happened to my close brother.

Please be careful before you resign from that Job.

Happy job search

REALLY !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by NaijaNaWaa: 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2010
You guys should note that Dangote is not a businessman in the real sense of it. He is someone who uses his closeness to the corridors of power to make a kill: oil blocks, import waivers/evassion, contracts, tax waivers/evasion, and what have you. His likes are called RENT SEEKERS. Therefore Dangote does not really depend on his workforce to be rich. Moreover, it is possible that the sudden exit of Yar'Adua has affected his share of the Abuja largesse. Notice that Femi Otedola, his rival and enemy has just been given a prominent position by Jonathan. Generally, one man businesses are a big risk for employees. Accept the offer if u have no choice but reject if you can afford to.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by CarlosVent(m): 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2010
dey r owin many banks very much well
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by DisGuy: 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2010
NaijaNaWaa:

You guys should note that Dangote is not a businessman in the real sense of it. He is someone who uses his closeness to the corridors of power to make a kill: oil blocks, import waivers/evassion, contracts, tax waivers/evasion, and what have you. His likes are called RENT SEEKERS. Therefore Dangote does not really depend on his workforce to be rich. Moreover, it is possible that the sudden exit of Yar'Adua has affected his share of the Abuja largesse. Notice that Femi Otedola, his rival and enemy has just been given a prominent position by Jonathan. Generally, one man businesses are a big risk for employees. Accept the offer if u have no choice but reject if you can afford to.

So because some people were sacked we should now start blaming the individual?
You are acting as if Dangote is the only business man in nigeria that benefited from govt policies
when the going was good all these years nobody bat an eyelid when teh economy turns people take it personal
people lost their job during the consolidation period, people lost their jobs when nigerian airways went bust
and so on its the way it is stop making it personal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice To Unemployed Graduates / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work / What Is The Least Salary 4 The Nigeria Police Force.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.