Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List (76051 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by IbrahimDamola: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
Wisdomval67:

God will purnish you and your generation for what you just said. You dis useless Yoruba pig. Look around you won’t see Akwa Ibom woman jumping from one husband to another, having different children for 5 mens. I wish say I know you, I for deal with you truly. I’m sure you are the 10th child your hoe Mum born for her 10th husband. Marry yoruba woman with bag of salt and 2 yams and the next year they go leave your Children for you and go to another man house, born and leave again for another husband.

In our yorubaland, almost every yoruba child has a half-brother or half-sister. The thing tire me abeg.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by FRANKLAD1: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
Akathriel:

What exactly is wrong with these Akwa-Ibom people? Little wonder their region is so underdeveloped & rife with jobless militants looking for Oyinbo to kidnap for ramsom. Aside that, the only thing they do best is hunting innocent Ekuke (dog meat) upandan. grin

One native goat, One black goat. How many goats do they slaughter during their traditional wedding? No wonder GEJ couldn't move Nigeria an inch forward since he was just busy eating Asun & drinking cartons of Sapele Water in Asorock. grin

You better warn your covetous & uncultured village heads to desist from this dastard & impious act of subjecting your prospective in-laws to committing a broad-day robbery by putting their necks on the chopping board - Nagode! grin
you sha wan make we knw say u sabi grammar, ok we don see u

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
legitnow:
AFTER IMPREGNATING TWO SKULL MINERS YORUBA GIRLS.

2FACE PREFERED TO PAY BRIDE PRICE IN AKWA IBOM THAN MARRY YORUBA FREE OF CHARGE WOMEN.

SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT OP CLAIMS.

IF U ASK ME, YORUBA FREE OF CHARGE IS MAKING EVERYBODY NOT WANT TO MARRY YORUBA GIRLS.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by chuksanambra: 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
legitnow:
AFTER IMPREGNATING TWO SKULL MINERS YORUBA GIRLS.

2FACE PREFERED TO PAY BRIDE PRICE IN AKWA IBOM THAN MARRY YORUBA FREE OF CHARGE WOMEN.

SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT OP CLAIMS.

IF U ASK ME, YORUBA FREE OF CHARGE IS MAKING EVERYBODY NOT WANT TO MARRY YORUBA GIRLS.

There's someone for every one.

After FFK nacked the life out of Bianca, shebi Ojukwu had to pack the rubbish into his house.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by IbrahimDamola: 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
chuksanambra:

My Igbo pig from Abakaliki, I think you should ask your Daddy to pray to the Sultan since we Igbos have decided to be Hausa slaves. Allah doesn't answer prayers of slaves so, we should beg the Sultan.

Can Atiku, Makarfi or any other Hausa person help us?
Calm down my dear yoruba muslim brother, you might even be my 10th half brother from my yoruba mother, who knows? grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by legitnow: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

In our yorubaland, almost every yoruba child has a half-brother or half-sister. The thing tire me abeg.

CHAI!

DIS WAN JUST WEAK ME.

SO TRUE.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by ifiokjohn(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2018
I'm an akwa ibomite but i don't have intention of marrying from akwa ibom state....

I no know why to marry fair fulani bae the sweet me or yoruba self
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by legitnow: 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2018
chuksanambra:

There's someone for every one.

After FFK nacked the life out of Bianca, shebi Ojukwu had to pack the rubbish into his house.

UR STILL QUOTING ME?

U WILL NOT CALL MODS NOW ABI?

I THOUGHT U WERE CLAIMING IGBO.

chuksanambra:

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Obinoscopy
Seun

Breach of Rule 2, insulting a Nairalander.

9 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by sacramento1212: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2018
spiceadole:
What concerns Yoruba man with Akwa Ibom lady?
What do they have in common?
.. Ntoro uduang ufok people. For that matter.

I sincerely blame the lady for having anything to do with a yoloba demon.
I also blame her family for not advising her appropriately.
Yoloba man that keep mistresses in every town?

What ever happened to getting one Yoruba lady pregnant and Marrying her for free?

Must he marry from akwa ibom?
Men from akwa ibom have been marrying and are still marrying Akwa ibom women without complains.

Yes! Some lists can be exorbitant but people do bargain.
Besides, marriage doesn't end one day.
So you provide what you can..

Afo ame diok inua oooo grin

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by CaptainFM1: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2018
Often times family head will inflate the bride price in other to see how serious you and your people are. Everything in life is subject to Negotiation. All you need to do is to handover the list to your own family head. They surely know what to do with. They will obviously negotiate better on your behalf.

Like I said, in most cases, it serves like a final check on your resolve to having their daughter. If you both so deserving of each other, It's not just your ability at paying the price that matters, but your attitude towards paying it. With the right attitude and a good negotiator, a lot on the list may be dispensed by her family.

6 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by legitnow: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2018
NA HALF A MILLION DOLLAR I DEY BUDGET TO TAKE GO CARRY MY WIFE.

THE PARTY GO TOO MUCH.

A PARTY TO END ALL PARTY.

IGBO MEN LOVE BRIDE PRICE AND THROWING MONEY.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by deafeyez: 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2018
Akathriel:

What exactly is wrong with these Akwa-Ibom people? Little wonder their region is so underdeveloped & rife with jobless militants looking for Oyinbo to kidnap for ramsom. Aside that, the only thing they do best is hunting innocent Ekuke (dog meat) upandan. grin

One native goat, One black goat. How many goats do they slaughter during their traditional wedding? No wonder GEJ couldn't move Nigeria an inch forward since he was just busy eating Asun & drinking cartons of Sapele Water in Asorock. grin

You better warn your covetous & uncultured village heads to desist from this dastard & impious act of subjecting your prospective in-laws to committing a broad-day robbery by putting their necks on the chopping board - Nagode! grin

Hahahaha obsessed with GEJ and his good works, not to worry.
You needed change and now wailing even as you know GEJ still remains the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Nasir123(m): 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
legitnow:
IT IS NOT BY FORCE TO LEAVE YOUR South West AND GO ALL THE WAY TO BIAFRA LAND FOR MARRIAGE.

IF U DONT LIKE THE LIST, MARRY YOUR FREE OF CHARGE YORUBA SISTER.

THE PEOPLE OF THAT STATE HAVE BEEN MARRYING WITHOUT COMPLAIN.

NA U WAN GO ALL THE WAY TO AKWA IBOM FROM OGUN TO CHANGE THEIR MARRIAGE RITES.

I think your sister is the one complaining already grin

2 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by slowice(m): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2018
Now I see why most young Akwa Ibom dudes prefer to impregnate their women n live happily ever after rather than die trying to properly marry their babes.... Many Akwa Ibom mature ladies around re single with a kid or two n no husband in sight
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2018
This won't still stop me from marrying my finest akwa ibom crush (UyaiIncomparabl) when it's time.

3 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2018
You can marry 100 northern girls with the amount on that list

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DateMynd44(m): 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2018
thorpido:
Op,Akwa Ibom and Calabar are not the same.Calabar is Efik while most of Akwa Ibom is Ibibio.Their marriage lists are not the same.
Akwa Ibom and Calabar are not the same.The Calabar(Efik) marriage list is still manageable. It's the Akwa Ibom list work dey.
even the picture showing the bride is an efik attire
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Iamgrey5(m): 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2018
This is supposed to be an educative thread, but kids without life outside the cyberspace have messed it up.

one idiot is actually commenting with two monikers at the same time

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by ehispapa(m): 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2018
Akathriel:

As the father said, that list is like half. please find time to look for Akwa iBOM marriage list then you will know igbos are lenient
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by 1miccza: 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2018
HungerBAD:
Thank you Joeruano.

A lot of people have little patience for reading. I have the patience for it.

I have the patience for reading , it's part of what i do every minute..

Call me naive but from experiences on my end and from what i have learnt from my octogenarian dad, most of these lists can be negotiated at least that has happened in my area but i don't know about Akwa Ibom or Imo state..

2 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DateMynd44(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
NoToPile:

Chai forgive me o jare just that down here we classify them as calabar.

My cousins wife should be efik then I think so because her parents home are in calabar town but then they might just be living in calabar but from akwaibom.

My friend is pure akwaibom that's the state her vilage is so I believe she would likely be ibibio
yes they are different due to state creation but in terms of culture, name bearing, way of life, they are the same. I'm ibibio from akwa ibom state and Efiks are my brothers cos we speak virtually the same language and share everything in common

6 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Fitbillionairep: 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
all these things you listed is not up to 200k na. na be same boys dey knack olosho for 50-100k a night.
please tell me u are kiding me man

6 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by sisisioge: 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

They have finished him! Page 1 of 6 is enough to float a medium sized wedding! Chai!

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Nasir123(m): 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
Sarrakii:
IF BY ANY MEANS PDP FAIL TO PRODUCE ATIKU AS THERE FLAG BEARER THEN PDP SHOULD FORGET ABOUT WINING 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, ATIKU IS WIDELY ACCEPTED AMONG NIGERIAN UNLIKE OTHER PDP ASPIRANT WHO CAN ONLY TRY TO WIN THERE STATE. TAKE FOR INSTANCE ATIKU CAN WIN THE WHOLE OF SOUTHEAST, NORTH EAST, NORTHCENTRE AND SOUTHSOUTH, IN SOUTHWEST WILL ALSO MAKE A VERY SIGNIFICANT GAIN DO TO HIGH NUMBERS OF NONINDIGENES IN LAGOS, KWANKWASO FOR INSTANCE IS ONLY POPULAR IN NORTH WEST AND WILL BE DIFFICULT FOR HIM TO DEFEAT BUHARI WHOW ALSO FROM THE SAME REGION. ANOTHER THING IS THAT PDP SHOULD NOT BY ANY MEANS UNDERMINE THE VOTE OF IGBOS BASED ON REGIONAL REGISTRATION BECAUSE IGBOS CONSTITUTE THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF LITERATE REGISTERED VOTES ACCROSS NIGERIA AND ALSO HAVE THE HIGHEST SINGLE BLOCK VOTE ACROSS THE COUNTRY AND BESIDE HAVE THE SECOND HIGHEST NUMBER OF NONINDIGENES REGISTERED VOTES IN ANY STATE EXCERPT SOUTHEAST.

Just in case.

20I9,Buhari will win the following southern states:
Edo
Delta
Bayelsa
Akwa Ibom
Cross River
amd the entire southwestern states.

Just in case grin
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DateMynd44(m): 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
Napoleon928:
hookup is free for only active users share our blog on Facebook and other social media
hahahah omo see scam lol cheesy
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by zinizta: 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
HungerBAD:

When they brought the list, the young man went into a very sad mood and my sister called me complaining that village people want to destroy her marriage.

I will finish this story tomorrow. I am about to go take care of some personal matters.

at the bolded, what an irony!!!
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by ayesco202(m): 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
resurgent2019:
Why would i even want to marry from that region? undecided

I will gently marry a conservative, Chrstian yoruba girl. We yorubas dont sell our daughters.
Don't mind them. It's simply backwardness!
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by salt1: 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
[url][/url]
CaptainFM1:
Often times family head will inflate the bride price in other to see how serious you and your people are. Everything in life is subject to Negotiation. All you need to do is to handover the list to your own family head. They surely know what to do with. They will obviously negotiate better on your behalf.

Like I said, in most cases, it serves like a final check on your resolve to having their daughter. If you both so deserving of each other, It's not just your ability at paying the price that matters, but your attitude towards paying it. With the right attitude and a good negotiator, a lot on the list may be dispensed by her family.

What the op wrote is so true. Because the cost is so high, the men tend to marry much younger women. You won't blame them : they want good value for their investment.

The church in Akwa Ibom has risen up to confront this.
I know that in Apostolic Faith, if both man and woman belong to the church, the family list will be sent to the District Overseer for screening. He will cross off all offensive items and write down what the groom should pay as bride price and ask them to return it to the family. If the family rejects, he will advise the young man to look for another wife. By the time the lady weeps out her eyes, her family will invite the groom and accept whatever was approved by the church.

I know of a couple that just went through this in March and eventually got married. The girl's family came down from demanding N1.5m bride price to accepting all-expense of N200k for the traditional marriage.

If other churches follow suit, things will change

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by robotix: 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
Wisdomval67:

God will purnish you and your generation for what you just said. You dis useless Yoruba pig. Look around you won’t see Akwa Ibom woman jumping from one husband to another, having different children for 5 mens. I wish say I know you, I for deal with you truly. I’m sure you are the 10th child your hoe Mum born for her 10th husband. Marry yoruba woman with bag of salt and 2 yams and the next year they go leave your Children for you and go to another man house, born and leave again for another husband.

No mind them... Bro...

Any Akwa Ibom lady here? Show face make we hook up and shame this people.

A man should be able to afford at least 1.5M for his wedding.

2 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by osazeeblue01: 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
no wonder their female dey slay anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Boy Marries 16-Year-Old Girl In Nnewi, Anambra State (Photo) / Ghanaian Father Collapses As His Son Introduces His 'Ugly' Girlfriend To Him / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.