Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? (14602 Views)

Friends Mourn Young Mother Who Died During Childbirth / NAFDAC Announces Plan To Further Regulate Sniper "Suicide" / Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
Vizzy4u:
Indomie generation thinking post. Nevertheless, my father has 6children,my grand parents had numerous kids. It is a JOY 4 parents that their children be better than them. As long as i will take care of them sufficiently. As 4 me ,my future wife dont expect to give me 1 or 2 chidren....ki lo de! Na ki wasa ne. Na wash. Nobody should quote me n say rubbish.

Nigeria cannot take more Childers theses people on here! The projected population growth and wealth development and growth are miles apart. We will soon hit 350 million by 2050 with no means of catering for those kids. I say we adopt the one child policy!!
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Reallv: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
child birth control is our major problem......lot of nuisance every where.a nation that want progress need to control it population.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2018
Jiang:

Iam a northerner, Hausa Fulani to be precise, our family is soo large that I think we might need a personal polin unit, I can tell you not a single child in our family is lacking anything, food, shelter, clothing even recharge card, allowance, data etc., less than 20% of adults in our family work for government, we are farmers, business men & women.

FYI, I intend to have a bigger nuclear family too cheesy

You need to be castrated before you add to the population ke!!
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by madami123: 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2018
Why people stil give birth to children in this wicked world amaze me were crime sickness diseases poverty uncertainty death disability depression recession backstabbers hate violence and so many others even children of the rich go through some of this I don't think this little adorable kidz deserve a world like this especially africa

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by CORRECTMAN788: 9:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
[quote author=freshkpomo post=70829480]happy sunday to all Nigerians, i Greet you in the Name of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Well let me go straight to the point. I have taught of this carefully, and with my findings its clear that population is one of the reason why Nigerians are suffering. You see a gateman who is been paid N10,000 having two wives and eleven children, why is boss is married with a wife and two kids, tell me why wont people suffer when the resources of two kids is been shared among eleven children?? Forcing some of these kids to try making up for their parents failur either by hook or by crook. I dont want to even talk about the north, those guys are worse, with the mentality of dominating with their JIHAD which they intend doing by having dominance in population and this is currently working for them though, as we can see we have alot of misshaped elements resulting from that ideology in our society today picking up arms and killing innocent citizens. Imaging a herdsman with four wives and close to forty children,how does he expect to take care of such a large house. Most rich men have kids they can cater for, but the reverse is the case for some not so rich(poor) folks. The government have tried to some extent by education and bringing up the family planning thing,but that has failed woefully especially with the northerners in their quest of dominance(mainly hausa and fulani), so i thinks at this point a drastic measure should be put in place to checkmate the population rise if not, things will only get worse. I will say we adopt the CHINA APPROACH,maybe not o Yes. In northern Nigeria. This will drastically reduce terrorism in Nigeria
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by charlsecy(m): 9:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
dingbang:
There is a command.. Be fruitful and multiply. [/b].
I hope you know the command was given when Man and Woman were in perfect state?
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2018
freshkpomo:
dont you know its a crime to give birth to children you cannot raise?

Who promised you that even if you gave birth to one child that you will be there to train them?
Some of you talk as if people don't die.
Children don't get orphaned and divorce don't happen.
You just propose on a shaky premise and conclude wrongly.
There are many factors which are there that can't guarantee you that safety or that utopian life style some of you crave after.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by charlsecy(m): 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:
Who promised you that even if you gave birth to one child that you will be there to train them? Some of you talk as if people don't die.
Do what your current knowledge, circumstance and ability allow.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2018
raumdeuter:
Yes childbirth should be regulated based on income

If you are poor on the poverty line you shouldnt have more than 2 kids

Why are you people always concluding wrongly.
Who told you the man who is poor today won't become rich tomorrow?
Are the one assigning the riches of God to people.
I have seen some so called rich people who have one kid but are very poor in managing the child they have, and child end up becoming a nuisance to the society.
This is a wrong thing to start with.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by SalomonKane: 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2018
Yes, yes and heaven yes!!!
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by mmsen: 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2018
NwaNimo1:
Like China? how did that fare for them?

Pretty good. They cut down their poverty rate, dramatically. Improved quality of life.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Gggg102(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2018
government really shouldn't be regulating personal lives. that's too draconian.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2018
charlsecy:
Do what your current knowledge, circumstance and ability allow.

Current knowledge does not mean situations can't change.
I know of a man,in fact, one of my uncle had more than seven children with manageable income, but today he has no less than three graduates and more are still coming.

You people should jettison this idea that everyone must go to school to be somebody in. life this is what I think some of you are basing your premise on.
Even in developed society not everyone can go to college(as they call it) or university.

Remember no condition is permanent.
A rich man maybe come poor today and a poor man maybe become rich.
God is the one that blesses not human beings.
No matter your calculations,you can't still know it all.
Do you best and leave the rest to God.

What I think you should be advocating for is better service delivery not telling people to reduce the amount of children they give birth to.

If you are a Christian,are you saying God is wrong(God forbid) to command us to be fruitful and multiply?
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
VeeVeeMyLuv:

There's no any complex problem.
The problem is the extremely irresponsible leadership.
it’s not the leadership alone. Many have a bleeped up mindset. In “every country”, you will find a group of Nigerians who are being nuisances to that country. Many want to get rich without solving any problem. The problem is complex... however I agree, solutions starts from the top.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by gr8tone: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
Make my 9ja Muslims no hear this o. How will you tell somebody with four wives that he should give birth to only 3 children?
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by resurgent2019: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
Jiang:

Iam a northerner, Hausa Fulani to be precise, our family is soo large that I think we might need a personal polin unit, I can tell you not a single child in our family is lacking anything, food, shelter, clothing even recharge card, allowance, data etc., less than 20% of adults in our family work for government, we are farmers, business men & women.

FYI, I intend to have a bigger nuclear family too cheesy

It seems you are threatening southerners. A time will come that we would fight to be free of the north. We won’t care about the blood letting. It will be a very heart wrenching experience but southerners/Christians will be free.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by trustworthy1(f): 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
ogibaba:
The main problem of this country is not the population but Curruption which has caused a lot of damaged to our minds. Capital punishment should be adopted for mismanagement of our resources by any person . However, if one must give birth provisions has to be made to take care of the children.
yes I agree with you ,but over population is one of the major problem of this country. Imagine a situation where by we are not over populated, things would have been better I.e enough resources to circulate to everyone and corruption will be reduced to an extent. A situation whereby a financially average couples have like 2 children, they will be capable of training those children and will not be termed poor. But if they have so many children, I don't think they can cater for those kids. This might make them to send them away as house helps which is also part of corruption.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Simpubozz(m): 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
I didn't actually read through what was written up there but I gat this to say: no parent should give birth to more than two children
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by resurgent2019: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

Current knowledge does not mean situations can't change.
I know of a man,in fact, one of my uncle had more than seven children with manageable income, but today he has no less than three graduates and more are still coming.

You people should jettison this idea that everyone must go to school to be somebody in. life this is what I think some of you are basing your premise on.
Even in developed society not everyone can go to college(as they call it) or university.

Remember no condition is permanent.
A rich man maybe come poor today and a poor man maybe become rich.
God is the one that blesses not human beings.
No matter your calculations,you can't still know it all.
Do you best and leave the rest to God.

What I think you should be advocating for is better service delivery not telling people to reduce the amount of children they give birth to.

If you are a Christian,are you saying God is wrong(God forbid) to command us to be fruitful and multiply?

The admonition to be fruitful by the Bible doesn’t mean go and give birth to children. T means go and be productive, innovative and useful to Mother Earth. Christians don’t give birth like Muslims.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by OyinO: 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2018
Nigerian Government is owned by Sokoto Caliphate. Therefore, Nigerian govt is owned by the Islamic Arewa North and their Western asslickers. As a result, Regulating Number of children born will not be possible because Islam allows marriage of many wives. Besides, is the useless government at Federal, State and Local Govt taking care of its citizens? Answer is Hell NOO?!!! So what is its business concerning the family sizes of the citizens whose welfares or gainful employment that it doesnt take care of? These things only happen where govt is taking care of its people. We still have people going into the bush to cut herbs and plants for medicine, so what concerns them with Health Reform? Wetin consine Lion and the Jewel?

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
majekdom2:
it’s not the leadership alone. Many have a bleeped up mindset. In “every country”, you will find a group of Nigerians who are being nuisances to that country. Many want to get rich without solving any problem. The problem is complex... however I agree, solutions starts from the top.
Yeah
But it is the irresponsible leadership with the bleeped up mindset that resulted into citizens with thoroughly bleeped up mindsets
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
Nigeria's problem is not population,but productivity.The US we are all fighting to go to is MORE populated than we are.Policies to increase the nations productivity is by far more important than regulating the non-criminal activities of people. Saudi-Arabia with a smaller population (30 million approx) than the US (325 Million) is not more productive,neither is Yemen (30 million approx) richer.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by OyinO: 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
Many of the households who give birth to many children are found in RURAL AREAS OF NIGERIA WHERE THERE IS NO SINGLE PRESENCE OF GOVERNMENT. So what is their business when they believe that it is the children that will take care of them in their old age?
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by phase1: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2018
Yes in the north.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by qwertyboss(m): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2018
How sectarian grin

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2018
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Yeah
But it is the irresponsible leadership with the bleeped up mindset that resulted into citizens with thoroughly bleeped up mindsets
bad leadership is not a reason to have a bleeped up mindset. When one is jailed or killed? The leaders don’t care still. There is no reason to commit crime because some individuals have chosen to be silly. We should learn to do right even if the situation is wrong. And another problem is why don’t you do the wrong in your country? Why do you have to go to other countries. This does not make sense. Like 2 pac said, change starts with me and you.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2018
resurgent2019:

The admonition to be fruitful by the Bible doesn’t mean go and give birth to children. T means go and be productive, innovative and useful to Mother Earth. Christians don’t give birth like Muslims.

This should be your own interpretation of that verse.

But you must agree with me that, things aren't always as we see them. There is more to this life than meets the eye.
If you choose to have less children as you see it fit no problem, but remember they are people dying to have one that you preventing from coming to this world based on your permutations.

The government should do more on service delivery not the people.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2018
dragon2:
Nigeria's problem is not population,but productivity.The US we are all fighting to go to is MORE populated than we are.Policies to increase the nations productivity is by far more important than regulating the non-criminal activities of people. Saudi-Arabia with a smaller population (30 million approx) than the US (325 Million) is not more productive,neither is Yemen (30 million approx) richer.

Tell them oh.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2018
trustworthy1:

yes I agree with you ,but over population is one of the major problem of this country. Imagine a situation where by we are not over populated, things would have been better I.e enough resources to circulate to everyone and corruption will be reduced to an extent. A situation whereby a financially average couples have like 2 children, they will be capable of training those children and will not be termed poor. But if they have so many children, I don't think they can cater for those kids. This might make them to send them away as house helps which is also part of corruption.

My sister,everything have it's good and bad side.
And I think having more children should be a boon not a bane in a country like Nigeria.
It is simply because we lack the managerial capacity to utilise our God given resources that's why we campaigning for child control.
China had made a policy then on one-child per couple I know they have now reversed it because they saw the negative consequence of it.

Nigeria had way too much resources that cater for the need of everyone in West Africa it is just greed that is our major problems, and the dearth in human capacity.
If we can focus more on utilising our human resources to make good use of what we have,most of you will drop this idea.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by wirinet(m): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2018
SirToothBrush:
Not Nigeria but northern Nigeria needs the one child policy

Also you can't use the Bible to back the one child policy. It goes in contrary to Yahweh's plan for man kind

Does yahweh's plan include expanding the size of the earth, or creating another earth? The earth can only accommodate a certain number of people in terms of resources and even space. The world's population is projected to hit 9.6billion by 2050, how does yahweh plan to deal with it.
He needs to give another command - Go Ye, But Do Not Multiply Any More.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by bimgo: 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2018
Base on which income?
raumdeuter:
Yes childbirth should be regulated based on income

If you are poor on the poverty line you shouldnt have more than 2 kids

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter Helps Suicidal Lady Overcome Depression. See How / Help Save My Daughter Sight / Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.